Who is still going to go to Europe in the next couple of weeks (1 Viewer)

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
As the title says interested to see who is still going to go abroad in their MH

And who is going to cancel their bookings

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Father Christmas?
The grim reaper?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Rightly or wrongly we are still thinking about using our tunnel booking on the 27 of this month but we are torn about the morals about travelling at this time . I know I am leaving myself wide open with that statement but I really think we would be safer in Portugal and if we do take a chance and travel we have no intentions of mixing with anyone on the way šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
As countries are already closing their borders to those in England - Belgium, Holland, Italy are stopping flights and / or trains, others are reviewing, if you've not already left, you are going to be stuck in England, awaiting whatever new restrictions get imposed.

Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
We are having the builders in for 6 weeks in the new year. We have always intended to drive down to Spain but am reluctant to book anything as yet. We have to move out into our motorhome for our own safety in so many fronts.
Letā€™s just get Christmas out of the way before we make ant decisions.

OP
OP
Monty don

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Who would stop you in a MH
Up until today I have not heard of anyone being stopped
And Euro Tunnel are taking bookings as of 5 minutes ago

Bikevanhappy

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3yrs

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
For those in Tier 4, International travel is banned, unless for work (even that is to be discouraged). If you went to a port in your MH you should get turned back.

Given the very sudden imposition of Tier 4, and that other Europe countries are closing their borders. All non essential i.e. trade and business only, travel is likely to become impossible, wherever your starting point in, and by whatever mode.

OP
OP
Monty don

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Who has a booking with Euro Tunnel or a Ferry and has had it cancelled since new restrictions last night

I bet no one

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Rightly or wrongly we are still thinking about using our tunnel booking on the 27 of this month but we are torn about the morals about travelling at this time . I know I am leaving myself wide open with that statement but I really think we would be safer in Portugal and if we do take a chance and travel we have no intentions of mixing with anyone on the way šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Wait till 5 pm announcement reference French borders . Others are already closed to U.K. so am guessing but only guessing France will follow suit

OP
OP
Monty don

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Its interesting that Euro Tunnel will take a booking and Camp sites in Spain will take a booking

Both have your address and both accept the booking

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Still canā€™t travel to Kent

Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
We set off from Spain yesterday to return to the land of Bury Black Puddings and Warburtons Bread. Should get the ferry from Caen (Ouistreham) on Wednesday night. I doubt very much that we will venture over the channel again any time soon. Up until recently we have enjoyed nigh on fifty two years of tramping around Europe either in a motorhome or towing a caravan......but the times they are a changing and not for the better in my honest opinion. Best wishes to everyone for Christmas and hopefully we will all enjoy the New Year.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Have you seen the new Portugese law just passed, effective 8th Jan 2021?

No parking and overnight stays in MHs, caravans etc. except in designated places. See below

Geoff

Copied from another site FWIW:-

hese are the changes to the Highway Code in Portugal which come into effect on 8 January 2021 and concerns motor homes, etc.
"We hereby inform you that the Government has approved changes to the Highway Code that clarify the places where motorhomes can stay overnight and parked, in contrast to the term park. At the end of a meeting of the Council of Ministers, the Secretary of State for Internal Administration PatrĆ­cia Gaspar stressed that the new changes indicate, in practice, the places where motorhomes can park and stay overnight, emphasizing that parking "is a different thing". According to the governor, parking and staying overnight is only allowed in areas previously designated for the purpose, which excludes all others that are not mentioned in the diploma. This diploma comes into force on the 8th of January 2021, and it is no longer allowed to spend the night in car parks by motorhomes, auto-dormitories or special camping vehicles. The only authorized places are the areas designated for this purpose with the indicative signs or the campsites."
Addition to the Highway Code Article 50a - Prohibition of overnight stays and parking of motorhomes.
1 - Without prejudice to the provisions of articles 49 and 50, overnight stays and parking of motorhomes or the like are prohibited outside the places expressly authorized for this purpose.
2 - For the purposes of the preceding paragraph, it is considered: a) 'Parking' means the parking of the vehicle with more space than its perimeter; b) 'Motorhome or similar', a vehicle that presents a living space or that is adapted for the use of a living space, classified as 'motorhome', 'special bedroom' or 'caravan' by the Institute of Mobility and Transport, IP ; c) 'Overnight stay', the permanence of a motorhome or similar at the parking place, with occupants, between 9:00 pm one day and 7:00 am the next day.
3 - Anyone who violates the provisions of paragraph 1 shall be sanctioned with a fine of (euro) 60 to (euro) 300, unless it is an overnight stay or parking in areas of the Natura 2000 network and protected areas, in which case the fine is from (euro) 120 to (euro) 600 (euro).
In short unless you are parked on a campsite, aire or other area deemed as an area to park campervans you will be breaking the law if you park overnight and sleep in your vehicle anywhere else! Not sure yet what this means for people whose only home is their vehicle as the constitution here does offer some protection but who really wants to be arguing with the police over that as they are writing out a fine?
Hope this translation is of great,onto those of us interested, owning motor homes and tge like.

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We due to get ferry over to Santander January 12th but having second thoughts got flex ticket so might just move to later in year.šŸ˜£

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The planes are stopping flying to Belgium Holland from the UK wonder if they will stop ferry crossing other than for transport and essential travail.
That will put paid to all the selfish trips just to get a brake :)
This new mutation is 70% more contagious according to what i am seeing for ever one person infected they can infect fore
I have today had my appointment's canceled for my hospital appointments that could probably save my life.
Yes on a Sunday by text and email not only front line NHS shaft working 24/7 but even the office staff
All i would like to see is this and many more Christmases or maybe even a bit of a holiday when it's all over.
Just stay safe everyone and do what you can to stop the spread
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back