Who is still going to go to Europe in the next couple of weeks (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Rightly or wrongly we are still thinking about using our tunnel booking on the 27 of this month but we are torn about the morals about travelling at this time . I know I am leaving myself wide open with that statement but I really think we would be safer in Portugal and if we do take a chance and travel we have no intentions of mixing with anyone on the way 🤷‍♂️
If you went against FO advice would you be insured?

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Can’t understand anybody in their right mind wanting to go over the Channel / North Sea now or any time soon, even if the ports & tunnel terminus are open. Absolute madness & pure selfishness. It’s all I’m alright Jack, sod everybody else. :mad::mad: That’s how this bloody virus spread in the first place
What about refuelling, break downs, medical emergencies? How many other people are you putting at risk by your foolishness? It is & always has been a case of “how much can I get away with” for a lot people.

Last edited:

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Still can’t travel to Kent
Travel through Tier 4 (but not FROM Tier 4??) Is still permitted

From

C2361EBB-9649-48AE-9528-19756F84158C.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
France and Spain had a lock down earlier in the year and you didn't have to high tail it back to the UK a lot of people stayed put
Am I right in thinking that once you elected to "stay put" you were in in for the duration?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Can’t understand anybody in their right mind wanting to go over the Channel / North Sea now or any time soon, even if the ports & tunnel terminus are open. Absolute madness & pure selfishness. It’s all I’m alright Jack, sod everybody else. :mad::mad: That’s how this bloody virus spread in the first place
What about refuelling, break downs, medical emergencies? How many other people are you putting at risk by your foolishness? It is & always has been a case of “how much can I get away with” for a lot people.
If this is aimed at me ,as I said we where thinking we might use the booking not definitely going to use it . We have looked at the madness that’s going on inside and outside shops at the moment ,the madness on the seafront near us hundreds of people with no social distance at all . The amount of people holding parties at home it’s just not working so if we and it’s a big if decide to go surely it would be safer for us ,armed with our negative COVID test to travel to Portugal . Filling up at contact less pumps and isolating on a nearly empty campsite ? . You do what you feel safe with and I wouldn’t dream of Criticising you but please don’t call me foolish.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Have just read all of this post and to be honest I just think it is posted to create conflict, argument and derision at this very challenging time.
This is only my opinion and obviously not a direct answer to the OP question.
As an answer to the OP and the question, I am not travelling ANYWHERE at present, as requested by the powers that be, whether I think they are right or wrong, they have asked for our Co-operation in trying to beat this damned virus.
Surely that is not difficult to understand or follow, is it?

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
A genuine question.
Are you not able to make the decision for yourself?
Why do you need the ratification of others to decide?
Are you looking for others to give you their blessing for you to travel?
Have you not read anything about the current situation both in the UK and as now is emerging, Europe?

OP
OP
Monty don

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Looking at all my options
Will decide soon
You will be the first to know

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I'm not going to take sides but listening and reading European news sites I suspect no European country will accept any of us. As said earlier tunnel and ferries will take bookings until told not to.
I've got no great scientific knowledge but I begin to wonder about just how easy it is to catch this dreadful virus by touch and not just by aerosol. A good friend even more obsessive than me, hasn't been to office since start, has totally isolated and masked on any contact, 43 years old and fit, hospitalised and fighting for life. It's stopped me in my tracks.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm not going to take sides but listening and reading European news sites I suspect no European country will accept any of us. As said earlier tunnel and ferries will take bookings until told not to.
I've got no great scientific knowledge but I begin to wonder about just how easy it is to catch this dreadful virus by touch and not just by aerosol. A good friend even more obsessive than me, hasn't been to office since start, has totally isolated and masked on any contact, 43 years old and fit, hospitalised and fighting for life. It's stopped me in my tracks.
I think it's touch..Watch people when out,,very few wash their hands and disinfect baskets when entering shops,,noticed till staff not washing hands between customers,,people using ATMs without wiping keys,pressing pelican crossing buttons , opening gates and climbing stiles, all bare handed.We wear gloves all the time and disinfect them every time we get home..Hope it keeps us safe..BUSBY.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
spitfire genuine honest question but has France started any kind of covid vaccinations yet? Or indeed anywhere in the EU?

OP
OP
Monty don

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000