What's New shifted (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Jim The click button was on the top blue banner and as I use that to find latest threads across the forum, it is very convenient to have that visible all the time, however this morning I see that it has been moved to a smaller black banner which doesn't appear unless I scroll right to the top of the thread I am on, which can be a pita if the thread is well down a page. Can it be moved back or is there a technical reason for the move

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Jim The click button was on the top blue banner and as I use that to find latest threads across the forum, it is very convenient to have that visible all the time, however this morning I see that it has been moved to a smaller black banner which doesn't appear unless I scroll right to the top of the thread I am on, which can be a pita if the thread is well down a page. Can it be moved back or is there a technical reason for the move
If you click the three horizonal bars left of the "Forums" button that brings up some options. Click on "new posts" and that appears to do the same thing as "what's new"

(The above I see on an Android tablet in landscape mode. Menus can appear different on different devices)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was thinking "I am sure something is different" :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you click the three horizonal bars left of the "Forums" button that brings up some options. Click on "new posts" and that appears to do the same thing as "what's new"

(The above I see on an Android tablet in landscape mode. Menus can appear different on different devices)
I agree that there are "work arounds" but I would have thought that the "new posts" button was one of the most used so needs pride of place.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Isn't that just on your phone or tablet?

I don't think so, it has changed on my laptop also.

I think Jim must have a Supermarket adviser working for him, they keep moving produce around so us Oldies cannot find it! :LOL:

PS> Thankyou to Devon Sue for highlighting the change, for 10 minutes I thought it was just me hitting a wrong button or something again!

When there are changes Jim, could they be highlighted in future please?

Last edited:

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have just found that if you click the drop down arrow on the Forums tab, What's New is now there.

It was still easier having it on the tab bar though.

Edited to say, all the items that are on the black bar if you are at the top of the page, move to the black Forums drop down option as you move down the page.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Don’t think anything’s changed on my iPhone X 🤷‍♂️
I just use the flash symbol for new stuff👍

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don’t worry guys there is going to be a lot of change over the next few days, the whole top menu will be disapearing as we move to a mobile like menu. Whereby the menu is summoned by clicking on a hamburger top left. There will be an always available What’s New though.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Merry Christmas, Jim ! (y)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Don’t worry guys there is going to be a lot of change over the next few days, the whole top menu will be disapearing as we move to a mobile like menu. Whereby the menu is summoned by clicking on a hamburger top left. There will be an always available What’s New though.
Please keep the blue banner with the envelope, bell, flash and search :xThumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't like the new layout, why fix something that ain't broke?

Exactly, see it everywhere these days.

Mostly because you only have your experience to consider, where I have to get it right for Apple, Android, and a host of others, with all the different screen sizes and resolutions. Please be assured any change costs me considerable amounts of time and money, so I dont do anything thats not necessary (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back