Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Seen, then lost, but back again, is a black top ribbon with “new posts” on it (y)
1671790306941.png

Edit: if you scroll down, the black bar slides off.
Unlike the blue ribbon that is fixed.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
On my android phone I don't see any difference. I can access What's New directly with a single click in three different ways - from the top bar, from the black rectangular button, or the lightening flash icon.

Screenshot_20221223-101006.png

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Mostly because you only have your experience to consider, where I have to get it right for Apple, Android, and a host of others, with all the different screen sizes and resolutions. Please be assured any change costs me considerable amounts of time and money, so I dont do anything thats not necessary (y)

Save yourself some time & money and just do Android.

That's the reason why Lidl & Aldi make money and are cheaper. Less confusing choice than other big Supermarkets.

(Your new adviser must be from one of the 'Big Four' Supermarkets?) :LOL:

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Mostly because you only have your experience to consider, where I have to get it right for Apple, Android, and a host of others, with all the different screen sizes and resolutions. Please be assured any change costs me considerable amounts of time and money, so I dont do anything thats not necessary (y)
When I worked for a well known mobile phone network, their testing department had a set of mobile phones for testing any system changes. Every phone currently offered by the network plus all previous models sold by them were kept.

Part of the skill when specifying testing for a development was deciding which handsets would need to be used, balancing capturing every problem and fixing them against the constant need to launch before rival networks.

Jim probably also has the complication of the website being run across multiple servers so that any changes have to be propagated across them whilst we are all still using them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I have a Blue flash at the top of my page on my Laptop?
Oh! What browser & OS are you using?
I only have the flash on iPhone. The bigger iPad screen loses it. Part of that could be "Force Desktop View" type setting or just the available space 🤷‍♂️

No flash on Win 10 & Edge yy

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Oh! What browser & OS are you using?
I only have the flash on iPhone. The bigger iPad screen loses it. Part of that could be "Force Desktop View" type setting or just the available space 🤷‍♂️

No flash on Win 10 & Edge (y)

I have Window 8, upgraded to Windows 10 (I often have to give permission to Edge?)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
On my android phone I don't see any difference. I can access What's New directly with a single click in three different ways - from the top bar, from the black rectangular button, or the lightening flash icon.

View attachment 699484
And if you rotate the device for a landscape view? 🤔

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I have Window 8, upgraded to Windows 10 (I often have to give permission to Edge?)
Thanks.
Just a quick check, you’ve the circled icon:
1671791641121.png

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
.........where I have to get it right for Apple, Android, and a host of others, with all the different screen sizes and resolutions.
Well done Jim . As an example, just think of how many other websites are fine on a laptop or tablet, but awful on a phone, and vice versa.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
On my android phone I don't see any difference.

Not a lot will change on a phone. The idea is to bring the performance and convenience that mobile users enjoy already to all of the other machines, but there are a lot of them. However, almost 70% of our users browse on a phone. Of those, 65% are on Apple machines

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
The “What’s New” button on the top blue banner has been my daily go-to. In fact, I keep a tab open specifically for this page. The refresh button doesn’t refresh the page though, it only refreshes properly when the “What’s New” button is pressed.

I‘d love to see it retained on the blue banner if possible. If it’s a matter of available space, maybe one of the other buttons could make way for it?

Browsing on iPad.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm using the new system while we work on it, Mobile users will not see any difference, but here are a few screenshots from larger machines

This first one, without the blue and black menus on the top its so much tider and easier to navigate. Note the big always visible. "Whats New" next to the hambuger menu

1671798379387.png

Click on the menu hamburger and a menu flies out, just like it would on a phone and disapears when you choose an item.
1671798458572.png

On really big screens you can have a narrow menu always showing

1671798626550.png

Or how it is now on my 27" iMac. The full menu out permanently

1671798669817.png

Its a work in progress and should be ready soon. We also plan to have a switch on the top menu to switch from this to a dark mode and back again quick and simple.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I'm using the new system while we work on it, Mobile users will not see any difference, but here are a few screenshots from larger machines

This first one, without the blue and black menus on the top its so much tider and easier to navigate. Note the big always visible. "Whats New" next to the hambuger menu

View attachment 699514
Yes but!
I have to go back to the top of the page to see it 😞

When it was on the blue bar, it travelled down the page with me.

(IPad)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thanks.
Just a quick check, you’ve the circled icon:
View attachment 699490

No, I do not have one of those. Sorry if I caused confusion, I thought we were talking about the blue strip/flash underneath.

Can I show my computer ignorance again and ask, I am assuming the 'hamburger' menu Jim talks about, are the 3lines to the left of the blue bar, before Merry Christmas?

Is that correct? :unsure:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
No, I do not have one of those. Sorry if I caused confusion, I thought we were talking about the blue strip/flash underneath.

Can I show my computer ignorance again and ask, I am assuming the 'hamburger' menu Jim talks about, are the 3lines to the left of the blue bar, before Merry Christmas?

Is that correct? :unsure:
(y) yes the 3 lines are the burger menu (because it looks like a burger).
Phew. Mystery solved 🤣

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
No lightening flash on my iPad whichever way up I hold it. Never heard of hamburger menu until today. Learn something new everyday. I did think something was different this morning but couldn’t have told you what and as I had been changing my email address in my profile I sort of blamed that! Now I know different.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Apart from the whats new button moving from a button on its own to the sub menu, nothing else has changed yet.

Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337
Finding the new layout a PIA ..I have to scroll back up the page after reading a thread to see the menu/header ...:oops: very user unfriendy for no gain in user use🤬

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The number of items in the classified section, also seems to have disappeared?
One now has to click it to see if anything has been added. :unsure:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Finding the new layout a PIA ..I have to scroll back up the page after reading a thread to see the menu/header ...:oops: very user unfriendy for no gain in user use🤬

This isnt a new layout, the menu is fixed, its where it has always been.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We'll be working on this over the next few days, loads of things will change, move, disapear, reappear. When I say I've finished, if you don't like it, then have a good old moan, but moaning now is pointless.

I understand things moving or disapearing is a PITA but its not the end of the world, and most sites of our size would shut to do this. Merry Christmas. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back