What would you have been up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
About now we should have been crossing the Pyrenees into France from Spain en route to Roscoff. Then over to Plymouth to visit elderly parents before spending May and June touring Scotland and NE England. Will hope to resurrect the trip next year.

Meanwhile, once the lockdown lifts in Spain, we'll look to spend some time in the moho up around the north coast again. Loved it there and always wanted to spend more time exploring. Can't see us being cleared to cross European borders for several months to come.

Stay safe, stay sane. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We would have been getting ready to go to Manchester ready for the birth of our third Grandson. The plan was that we would go there and take / collect the first Grandson to / from school whilst his Mum was in hospital (high risk pregnancy). That is now not possible of course.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Cleaning out the van after our Morocco trip - our return Tunnel booking was for yesterday. But of course that went a bit wrong and we did it two weeks ago.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We should be at Beamish for the steam weekend and then we had planned to have a few days unplanned travels.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Moving home !! and before anybody says "beyond Belief " we are forced to vacate our home as the people coming in have said "We are priority people" they come from some 100 miles away , and could if we "Breach the Contract" that was signed and we had a completion date before this BL**8Y Virus poked it's head up, we could be Sued for them to put their property in storage , pay for Hotels and out of pocket expenses we tried very hard to stay here but they have jobs up here and are insisting we get out. Such is life .

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I should have driven to my daughter’s yesterday to collect their dog. They should have flown to Ireland today for a week so I’d have been dog walking somewhere in Devon this weekend—- National Trust property, beach or Cockington maybe, definitely somewhere with a nice cafe. Instead it’ll be staying at home and having to walk in what I’m now calling the sh***y field nearby. Why can’t all dog owners pick up after their dogs ???????

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Moving home !! and before anybody says "beyond Belief " we are forced to vacate our home as the people coming in have said "We are priority people" they come from some 100 miles away , and could if we "Breach the Contract" that was signed and we had a completion date before this BL**8Y Virus poked it's head up, we could be Sued for them to put their property in storage , pay for Hotels and out of pocket expenses we tried very hard to stay here but they have jobs up here and are insisting we get out. Such is life .
I think it is at this time illegal to make you move and complete they will be beaching the lock down recalculation's call the police they will put the right are they key workers.
if not they cant make you move i would think and the moving company will be in breech i would think a call to ther local plod will sort that out out of your control they cant take action i would think
thay would be making you comit a crime at this time and that's illegal
bill

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Final checks before setting off next Friday for a 4 week trip. First week steady jaunt down through France and across into Spain for 2 weeks at Torre del Sol then spend last week traveling back home. Ho well never mind, fingers crossed, hopefully later in the year now.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I think it is at this time illegal to make you move and complete they will be beaching the lock down recalculation's call the police they will put the right are they key workers.
if not they cant make you move i would think and the moving company will be in breech i would think a call to ther local plod will sort that out out of your control they cant take action i would think
thay would be making you comit a crime at this time and that's illegal
bill
Sorry but, it's not Illegal and one is a Policeman and the other is a Policewoman , unfortunately for us the other 2 in the chain are School Teachers who I suspect are also priority people .It is recommended by Government not to move we don't want to as I have said but our Solicitor said your choice be possibly sued or move. we move 5 miles and no stopping and have been Self Isolating for 2 and a half weeks out of the way of Removal firm , wearing N95 masks and full Visors

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sorry but, it's not Illegal and one is a Policeman and the other is a Policewoman , unfortunately for us the other 2 in the chain are School Teachers who I suspect are also priority people .It is recommended by Government not to move we don't want to as I have said but our Solicitor said your choice be possibly sued or move. we move 5 miles and no stopping and have been Self Isolating for 2 and a half weeks out of the way of Removal firm , wearing N95 masks and full Visors
So you have Somewhere to go that not so bad good luck
bill

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
We would have been at Brownhills Motorhome show for the strictly come dancing weekend. Meeting up with old friends.

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Should be on the Ferry to Rotterdam for a 10 day
trundle around Holland and Belgium?,never mind
more important things to worry about .

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
This weekend we should be going 10 days in the Lake District walking .We would have been at THS at Grasmere rugby club.
Now it looks like I will be painting ☹oh joy.
I think at sometime I may just have to go and sit in the van with the door open and a cup of tea?.
I've done just that a couple of times already and its only week 2 of the Lockdown.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Of all places we should have been on a commercial site in Skegness within walking distance of the Embassy Theatre to see Joe Brown on Sunday. Then home on Tuesday to sign for our new home by the sea and sale of current home. Still got health though, so not so bad.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
We should have been on the Santander ferry on Tuesday ..so would have been at Bonterra Park for the month.... instead doing loads of jobs at home.... is there any member who has found more USB cables ,in their garage or house , than Amazon stock? :mad:
Yup, Oh Please! why do we keep buying them:banghead::banghead::doh::doh::doh::doh:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yup, Oh Please! why do we keep buying them:banghead::banghead::doh::doh::doh::doh:
We don't - well at least I don't. But every gadget comes with at least one cable, most of which are identical so I've tended just to keep using the same one.

Until, like Vanderek, I had a tidy up..........................................! Found loads of them!

OZeRV

Free Member
Jul 22, 2014
Cobram, 3644, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Funster No
MH
Aust bus conv., UK C
Exp
Since 1995
Jackie and I were due to play a music gig at the Wunghnu Tavern in northern Victoria (Australia) and then preparing to leave for Japan on Wednesday for our son's wedding. Instead, we're on shut down and doing gardening etc in our home in which we have moved back into after almost two years full time on the road.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Driving to Gatwick tomorrow before our flight monday to visit darling daughter in Bangladesh on monday.
Had an email from the GMC last night and I have been re-registered for the duration under emergency powers so I’m a proper Doctor again. I could decline but obviously I won’t, it was 3 years but they’ve just changed it in the last 48 hours to 5 years. More restrictions and supervision I expect and rightly so but let’s hope I can be of use, won’t hear more until next week which is frustrating as of course I am impatient to know more!

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Should have been at brownhills for the strictly dancing weekend. Hoping they get to rearrange it for later in the year. A night in the van on the drive instead.

Oozzie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Would have been sitting on the beach at Tavernes for the last 5 weeks, family business stopped us going otherwise we'd have been a long way from home when this virus kicked off.

I'm happy enough Skyping but the wife feels it's better to be self isolating at home, miles from most of our family who we can only Skype/Zoom, as it feels better.

Happy days, I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
To be honest, I would have chosen to sit at home, in the garden in the sunshine, away from the hustle and bustle of the roads at weekend

NOW, I am going to do EXACTLY the above but feel miffed that I haven’t chosen to do so but been TOLD to do so ??????

aren't we a funny lot . ??

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We would have been in The Lakes or Yorkshire or Perthshire or Paris, anywhere but home!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We would be 2 hours away from catching the tunnel to France, ready for 2 weeks Easter leave.??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back