What would you have been up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I would have been meandering down the N340 in time to pick up my wife on the 27th for her 3 week holiday.

Instead I'm holed up on the car park at the side of my house for a fortnight......actually its not a great deal different to what I would have been doing had I still been in Spain, just without the Sun, Sea and Sand and of course the cheap wine? :drinks::wub::drink:

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi we would have been packing up the motorhome ready to leave campsite in Benidorm to travel up to Santander to get ferry home on 4th April.Came home two weeks early through tunnel as ferry’s cancelled and camp sites closed,so this weekend decorating one of the bedrooms ?

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
We should have been on the Santander ferry on Tuesday ..so would have been at Bonterra Park for the month.... instead doing loads of jobs at home.... is there any member who has found more USB cables ,in their garage or house , than Amazon stock? :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
From sunday should of been up at Castleton CAMHC. Then to my parents who celebrate birthdays in April. Dad's yesterday (2nd April) mum's 17th April. So virtual catch up only this year. Humph ?

May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
This weekend we should be going 10 days in the Lake District walking .We would have been at THS at Grasmere rugby club.
Now it looks like I will be painting ☹️oh joy.
I think at sometime I may just have to go and sit in the van with the door open and a cup of tea?.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Would have been on our way down to Calp to start a tour along the coast for 3 months instead I will be up on the roof next door to sort out a leak happy days

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Our two daughters and 3 grandsons were due to arrive on Saturday and stay for the Easter holidays.......and to celebrate my birthday on Thursday....

Sadly not to be, birthday celebrations will be via FaceTime...its turns out I will have 3 birthday cakes (y) the Beauty Terrorist and my two daughters are all baking the identical cake.... bit worried about 3 x 58 candles!!!!

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Just bought new (to me) Hymer from Germany....waiting for DVLA so can get number plates made up then onto Channel Tunnel and turn right for the spring and summer then back for Wimbledon.....will probably just spend the next 3 months cleaning it now and writing letters to the DVLA asking why my V55 hasn’t turned up...Hey Ho..

Deleted User
Well, the big start to our season of fun is here.....not :(

I was due to go to the C&CC Folk section meet at Evesham where campers from all over the country would have congregated to make merry.

There were to have been so many singing, dance, musical instrument and craft workshops over 5 days that I struggled to choose.

Oh well, there's always next year to look forward to....

Where were other Funsters planning on going?
I feel for you as I know how important music is to some folk.
All the local sessions have been cancelled, weekly ceilidh band practice cancelled, and moving forward the Feis at Ullapool cancelled along with other folk festivals and music weekend workshops. When we get through this, which we will, then there is going to be some some great sessions and any coming up festivals that have survived will be just a great celebration of music, roll on on those days.
I really feel sorry for a lot of professional folk musicians who don't much much money to start with but have basically lost all there income. I have posted this link before but just shows how much the Scottish musicians are supporting each other and continuing to play music.

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
I'd of been in Wolverhampton doing an archery competition, first proper one of the year.
The entire outdoor 2020 season is scrubbed for now :(

Bosbus

Free Member
Feb 27, 2020
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
B584
Exp
since 2015
We would have been driving up to Fishguard today to catch the ferry tomorrow to Ireland. As singers we this last year and made lots of singing friends around Cork. Had lots of sessions fixed up - ah well- we'll just have to learn some more songs and drink Guinness at home!
www.boscastlebusker.com

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp
I would have been at a Heelwork to Music workshop and practicing for a Heelwork to Music competition I had booked for on April 19th, on Saturday, and a Rally Obedience trial on Sunday (involves mostly sitting about drinking tea and chatting between rounds!) Meanwhile we are getting on fairly well with the van conversion there being nothing else to do, so when we're cleared to go we might actually have a mobile home to go somewhere in. Don't much care where! I love where I live but it does feel a bit like Groundhog day at the moment.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We should be on our 30 day trip just now and today we had planned on visiting the Blue Mountains in Australia, as its Lorraine's birthday tomorrow we had booked a Lodge up there for a couple of nights. On Monday which is our 30th anniversary we had booked to walk the Sydney Harbour Bridge, now we're stuck in Dumfries and will end up divorced before Monday :rofl: :rofl: Especially if she doesn't like the new Hovver I've bought her :rofl::rofl:

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Just back from 5 months in Spain & Portugal. This weekend should have been a family reunion Curry Night at our sons. Nevermind just freeze the curry for a few months. ?

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Was planning to go out this weekend ... :giggler:

images.jpg

Pete

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
We would have been collecting grandchildren in MHome, as son was going to Spain and then we were taking them to Lakeside Park near Louth for Easter. Ahh well we will just have to have Easter in MHome on our drive and dream about what we could have done. We now have plenty of Easter eggs to eat between us. May living the dream be with you. Smudger55

Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
This weekend I would have taken the opportunity to start getting the MH ready for a weeks tour of Kent to ensure all will be hunky dory for our 6 week tour to Europe in May. Fortunately I haven’t booked a tunnel crossing or even planned a route once there so I still something to look forward to later in the year, even if means taking an extra pullover.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We would have been halfway to Venosc in the Moho for our ski holiday in Les Deux Alpes. Always another time. I have put the bedding in though..makes a great isolation pod or somewhere to escape to if it all gets too much indoors :LOL:

rick brind

Free Member
May 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
hymer a class
Exp
6 years
We would have been enroute to our friends campsite in Peringord until after easter then leaving the MH there off on the bike to tour Italy for a couple of weeks :rolleyes:?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Should have been walking the first day of the Dalesway on Saturday with my brother and nephew. I would then have caught the bus home and met them again on Monday at Ribblehead in the motorhome. We were going to stay at the Station inn. I was going to walk up Pen y Ghent on the way there. Then a walk up whernside on Tuesday.
Never mind the hills will be there when we have dealt with this virus and we will do it then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back