What pi$$ed you off this week (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sorry, are you saying that there are two prices - £35K for 4 months or £750 for the coarse?

same course of tablets (3 months - 12 weeks) £35000 here £750 Australia..

You have started me OFT AGAIN!!!!!!!My blood pressure man!!!!!!:D

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@scottie
Sorry to hear about your dog.

Believe me, when we lose our pets we all feel guilt about "what if".

Even when all reason says we did everything we could, and you sat up all night with her, we still think we should have done more. I know I have always felt that way.

You seem to have done everything any reasonable person could. Try not to dwell on that "what if" but remember the good life you gave her, and the pleasure she gave you.

Our dog is ten years old and arthritic. As a large dog we know we won't have her for many more years and I am dreading the day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
same course of tablets (3 months - 12 weeks) £35000 here £750 Australia..

You have started me OFT AGAIN!!!!!!!My blood pressure man!!!!!!:D

Must be contagious - not my blood pressure has risen at the thought of this ....

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
No wonder NHS on the brink:(

The reason they are on the brink is linked to why I'm peed off this week / month / year: I know that they do a good job generally but some Drs missed something that I thought was clear and obvious (and it turns out it was clear and obvious) and now I've got months / years of recovery rather than a few weeks :swear2:.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
@scottie as you live in chandelers ford, it could easily have been the sudden canine death syndrome also known as alabama wilt. the warm winter has lead to cases happening all through since last summer

if you look it up, you will see that it started in one or two areas like sandringham forest in norfolk but has been gradually spreading out with more hotspots of multiple cases. chandlers ford being one of many areas

sadly there doesnt seem to be a cure as vets cannot identify what causes it. affected dogs generally die within 48 hours of the infection and nothing you can do would have stopped it happening

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@TheBig1 thank you for posting the above. I hadn't heard of it but have googled and come up with this from the new forest council website. Broken Link Removed Only a couple of weeks ago we took the dog to the forest for a walk. Never saw a warning sign at all. Thank you again.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Returning to the car and finding that someone thought it funny to put a screwdriver to the fNS tyre.

I've got a personilised plate relating to 'THE JOB' I did and at first I thought that that had highlighted to the lowlife my previous occupation but, No.
Apparently in Tavistock, Devon there is a bloke on my former colleagues radar, (been arrested already) that takes a delight in doing it.
Apparently he's married and in his 60's???

His wife won't be married if I catch him.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@TheBig1 thank you for posting the above. I hadn't heard of it but have googled and come up with this from the new forest council website. Broken Link Removed Only a couple of weeks ago we took the dog to the forest for a walk. Never saw a warning sign at all. Thank you again.
There was at least one more case week before last in chandelers ford. There really should be more publicity about it. Meridian tonight did a piece about it last year, but as this is a national problem, the main news channels should feature it

just too many people unaware of the hidden menace and it breaks owners hearts

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Returning to the car and finding that someone thought it funny to put a screwdriver to the fNS tyre.

I've got a personilised plate relating to 'THE JOB' I did and at first I thought that that had highlighted to the lowlife my previous occupation but, No.
Apparently in Tavistock, Devon there is a bloke on my former colleagues radar, (been arrested already) that takes a delight in doing it.
Apparently he's married and in his 60's???

His wife won't be married if I catch him.
there was a guy in bournemouth that used to do multiple cars every time he struck. he stabbed tyres on 20+ cars outside a bingo hall a few times. ultimately he was caught when a policeman hid in a church yard watching a regularly hit road. Turned out it was a local teenager with no friends and angry at the world. just got a slapped wrist, but at least the damage stopped
cost us 2 tyres and a couple of sets of wiper blades and arms, so we got off lightly to some folk, where he had stabbed all 4 tyres on their car on more than one occassion
when caught he had a stanley knife and a sharpened screwdriver in his pocket

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
there was a guy in bournemouth that used to do multiple cars every time he struck. he stabbed tyres on 20+ cars outside a bingo hall a few times. ultimately he was caught when a policeman hid in a church yard watching a regularly hit road. Turned out it was a local teenager with no friends and angry at the world. just got a slapped wrist, but at least the damage stopped
cost us 2 tyres and a couple of sets of wiper blades and arms, so we got off lightly to some folk, where he had stabbed all 4 tyres on their car on more than one occassion
when caught he had a stanley knife and a sharpened screwdriver in his pocket

The only upside to this for me was the restoration of faith towards my fellow man in the form of the Tyre Co. that got me out of trouble (Kia's don't come with spares (I know I know).
Tavistock Tyres by the side of Tesco's on Plymouth Road (No connection with me)
Walked in, within five minutes a smartly attired and well communicating young man had returned with me to the scene of the crime, took the wheel off and had it replaced in no time at all. Pleased to recommend them.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi GWAYGWAY.
Thanks for info on C of G Will Give that a go when I have glued the smashed wings togeather. Went to large model shop yesterday and spoke to man in the know. Because the wings are swept forward it is difficult to get this right I was told. Think I will set it on fire and chuck off cliff. Crash and burn. Get another glider and start again.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Grrrrrrrr What happened to nursing being a caring profession.... small things matter.

Often go for scans and hate the things ... terrified of the narrow tunnel and feel as though am buried alive in there and try to keep my eyes closed and my breathing and heartbeat under control... normally succeed as the person in charge of the machine speaks in the short silences between the machine whirring and banging and they normally say things like ... 'you are doing very well. This next one is for ten minutes and then I will talk to you again... Try and relax.' . . and they do this until the full hour or whatever is over.

THIS TIME .... utter bloomin' silence and more silence and more silence inbetween the whirring and banging and I was terrified .. I didn't know if I had been left alone in my coffin or what was happening. When I came out my heart rate was ridiculous and I was unable to stand. I know, because they had told me, that a heart attack can happen although very rare... and I was just totally scared as already had probs with blood vessel in brain....

All it takes is for the person doing the job to just THINK what they would be feeling.. I am not young but I dread to think what people older than me would have felt like ... no wonder my 94year old mother pushed the emergency button when she was in.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh Joy @movan I feel for you... Thank goodness I've never had to go in one of those machines but I can't imagine it's one of those things that gets easier with 'practice'.
Here, have a hug
smileys-embrace-hug-902607.gif

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh Joy @movan I feel for you... Thank goodness I've never had to go in one of those machines but I can't imagine it's one of those things that gets easier with 'practice'.
Here, have a hug
smileys-embrace-hug-902607.gif
Hi darlin', yes it does get easier every time .... up until this time when I vowed when I got out NEVER AGAIN..... Thanks for the hug. :) :) xx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I didn't win the thirty two million pound lottery.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think the attitude of some rush hour drivers pisses me off. it is getting worse than ever it was. Nobody will give a centimeter, the only way to make progress in traffic is to be assertive, then all those who wont give a centimeter get the hump because they are now behind you. Not that this bothers me but it displays human nature at it's worst.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time

and I was just totally scared as already had probs with blood vessel in brain....

I've had a 3 scans now. As I'm a tad caustraphopic (sp?) I got by ,by closing my eyes and counting slowly to myself.
It helped

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Had quite a rough week last week as being a warden of a stadium, the Maire came to visit me , telling me gypsies were tying to find fields to settle on, and I 'd better shut the gate all the time!

Phoned my boss to let him know, and since then , had to go in and out all the time ( being as well a child minder, I let you imagine the hassle...put the toddlers in their high chair, open the gate, let the person in if badge ok, shut the gate, go back home, let the children out their high chair .etc... all day long!!)

Then , fed up, ran away and spent the week end at Parc Verger...yeepiii! Thanks to all by the way! Enjoyed every minute spent with each of you!

Had a splendid week end...came back home and then it all started!

Phone calls from angry people who could not enter the stadium, people from the Mairie complaining they had not found their keys and so I was responsible that they had to cut the fence to let the football players in. Also the man (employed by the Mairie) in charge of the keys who was on duty all week end could not be found ! And it was all my fault! I should have said I was off!

ERRRR….. excuse me, I am NOT employed by the Mairie, my employer is Latécoère, and I have nothing to tell you about my days off, hey ho… and if you don’t know where YOUR employees are, or what they’ve done with YOUR KEYS…. Certainly not MY FAULT!

Grrrrrrr , rant over!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
This pissed me off:-

I found out last evening in the local, that Darren (Daz to us all) A Single guy I've known for Years, drinks in my local. 62 years old Coach driver, Went to Thailand for a Holiday right after Christmas. Second day into his stay, riding an Motorbike, (wearing crash helmet too), get side-swiped by a Local. Very badly injured, "Flat-lined" Twice!, brutal facial injuries. But the real Bummer is HE is now completely BLIND, with no prospect of recovery. His brother reckons he will recover physically, But he has no chance of ever Driving again. The saddest thing is, he and I spent hours in the Pub Talking Motor-homes, He loved my Old R-V, and he eventually bought a Hobby, Loved it, and was looking forward at the end of this coming "season" to retiring and taking the M-H to Europe, and just "Wandering" Because as he said he had travelled all over Europe Mostly with Rock bands etc; BUT he hadn't SEEN much of it.

You NEVER know, Do You?

Pete

No.....indeed! I was having a grump in my post but I do prefer to be badly talked to by some silly people than to be deaf!

Me, the loss of my 8 year old girl king Charles cavalier spaniel. She developed rapid breathing similar to a summer pant , but no tongue out. She seemed happy however, went for her walk, wagged her tail as usual, ate her food. Sunday night /Monday morning, panting increased, we stayed up all night with her and were due to see the vet at 0830. Never made it, she died in the arms of her mom, 7 in the morning. I just made it to the main room to hear her final gasp, some blood and fluid come from her mouth, that was it, she was gone. We had full cover insurance, money not an issue, but we failed to react quick enough, lost our dog, and now suffering the immense guilt associated with our failure. I buried her in her favourite spot in our garden on Tuesday morning, even left her some food and water for her onward journey. I visit her every day and say "hello", and ask forgiveness, that is how much we loved her. My missus is totally shot away by it all, we expected another year or two from her. So for all of you funsters who have dogs, and lots of you do, please heed my story, I would not want another person to go through what we are currently living with. Thank you for listening.

Very sorry for your loss, but I am sure you've done your best. If we could know what each sign means , we would all be vets.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Grrrrrrrr What happened to nursing being a caring profession.... small things matter.

Often go for scans and hate the things ... terrified of the narrow tunnel and feel as though am buried alive in there and try to keep my eyes closed and my breathing and heartbeat under control... normally succeed as the person in charge of the machine speaks in the short silences between the machine whirring and banging and they normally say things like ... 'you are doing very well. This next one is for ten minutes and then I will talk to you again... Try and relax.' . . and they do this until the full hour or whatever is over.

THIS TIME .... utter bloomin' silence and more silence and more silence inbetween the whirring and banging and I was terrified .. I didn't know if I had been left alone in my coffin or what was happening. When I came out my heart rate was ridiculous and I was unable to stand. I know, because they had told me, that a heart attack can happen although very rare... and I was just totally scared as already had probs with blood vessel in brain....

All it takes is for the person doing the job to just THINK what they would be feeling.. I am not young but I dread to think what people older than me would have felt like ... no wonder my 94year old mother pushed the emergency button when she was in.

As far as I am aware scans are not carried out by nursing staff however that does not excuse the lack of undrstanding and care you received. dont like enclosed spaces, and found the short time i was in a scanner quite distressing.
Gripe of the day, there is all this stuff to take to the tip dear, can you do it while I play golf?

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
having to repair my side valance after a nice french lady knocked my scooter of it,s stand and into the side of the camper can,t be ar--ed to take a [photo] it will look as good as new when done [hopefully]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back