What pi$$ed you off this week (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When I found that I had an Amazon Prime membership that I knew nothing of and that it was costing me another £79 to continue.
They actually asked me why I hadn't used it. I got on to customer services but it was in the USA they said get on to UK site,, but HOW do you do it it is virtually impossible to get to speak to somebody. Rephrase that, it is impossible . I managed to stop them taking another years worth out of my bank. Then I wrote a snotty letter to an address for Amazon UK I found stating I did not know what it even was and certainly did not want it. I also pointed out that they had TAKEN 2/3 of my weekly pension from my account and that I wanted it back.
I GOT IT REFUNDED. success, so I am not so p***ed off now. It must have be taken up by default as I certainly did not want videos or music. BUT it is fixed now. I would have carried on complaining to all those bodies that do support the public with complaints had it not been refunded. The 'poor old pensioner' works sometimes.Even if it did take 5 months to get back.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Being told that there is a 5 month wait for warranty work to be commenced on my van (including a faulty/leaking gas isolating valve) didn't exactly fill me with joy.

But that's buying British for you (y)
5 months for a situation that would be considered immediatelt dangerous in a housei would be livid and considering legal action

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That bastard that tried to key my car today in Sainsbury's car park.

Complete loser - couldn't even do that properly.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
missing turn of from benlemadenas for caboppino ended up 25 klicks past it on toll road explain later she thinks we are lost ps i now we are

Attachments

• prie de la rouz 892.jpg
    prie de la rouz 892.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 22
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
When I found that I had an Amazon Prime membership that I knew nothing of and that it was costing me another £79 to continue.
They actually asked me why I hadn't used it. I got on to customer services but it was in the USA they said get on to UK site,, but HOW do you do it it is virtually impossible to get to speak to somebody. Rephrase that, it is impossible . I managed to stop them taking another years worth out of my bank. Then I wrote a snotty letter to an address for Amazon UK I found stating I did not know what it even was and certainly did not want it. I also pointed out that they had TAKEN 2/3 of my weekly pension from my account and that I wanted it back.
I GOT IT REFUNDED. success, so I am not so p***ed off now. It must have be taken up by default as I certainly did not want videos or music. BUT it is fixed now. I would have carried on complaining to all those bodies that do support the public with complaints had it not been refunded. The 'poor old pensioner' works sometimes.Even if it did take 5 months to get back.

Hi Gwaygway,
I just had a similar payment of £5.99 out of my bank by direct debit to amazon uk to do with Prime , so I sent an email and did a live chat online with them , they got back to me on the mobile number I'd left with them , the same day & money was put straight back into my a/c with in 3 days.
Terry

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nothing yet, but I suppose it is only Thursday.:)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Actually I tell a lie.

Drivers who don't use their indicators.

Why?:mad:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
This pissed me off:-

I found out last evening in the local, that Darren (Daz to us all) A Single guy I've known for Years, drinks in my local. 62 years old Coach driver, Went to Thailand for a Holiday right after Christmas. Second day into his stay, riding an Motorbike, (wearing crash helmet too), get side-swiped by a Local. Very badly injured, "Flat-lined" Twice!, brutal facial injuries. But the real Bummer is HE is now completely BLIND, with no prospect of recovery. His brother reckons he will recover physically, But he has no chance of ever Driving again. The saddest thing is, he and I spent hours in the Pub Talking Motor-homes, He loved my Old R-V, and he eventually bought a Hobby, Loved it, and was looking forward at the end of this coming "season" to retiring and taking the M-H to Europe, and just "Wandering" Because as he said he had travelled all over Europe Mostly with Rock bands etc; BUT he hadn't SEEN much of it.

You NEVER know, Do You?

Pete

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Water packed up completely today ! Full tank, pump running just not appearing from taps!! Not dumping, no leaks ( I can see or feel) But just reading above post tells me what the f,,,k have I got to moan about !!

Good luck Pete, I hope daz makes the best possible recovery he can mate !! All the best. Ian !!!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
All the bloody French / Germans etc filling up small town aires with their huge trailers removing the car from the trailer and taking up 3 spaces on the aire so we can't park! Selfish bar stewards!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
ye
All the bloody French / Germans etc filling up small town aires with their huge trailers removing the car from the trailer and taking up 3 spaces on the aire so we can't park! Selfish bar stewards!

Maybe they should be FORCED to "A" frame:whistle::whistle::D:D(y)

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Pi--ed off trying to fly my new R C powered glider. Set it up as the book says and off to the large open park. First large push off ended in 7 mtrs flight and smash into ground. C of G not right I thought so moved battery back 30mm. Same thing on second try. Third try after putting 25 grams of weight on tail very tight loop smash into ground and smashed both 750mm wings beyond repair. £120 plane in the bin. Back to using the small half size powered glider for 3 hours flying. Cant get any of the larger planes to fly. I do get lots of dog walkers watching and dogs chasing the plane when flying low about 6mtrs up.

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
pi$$ed off trying to find the electrical drain on battery of a LDV maxus (not MH). use it every day and its fine. leave it for a day and it is dead. i'll be damned if i can find what is draining it.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Actually I tell a lie.

Drivers who don't use their indicators.

Why?:mad:
Was behind an old women this morning, had her wing mirrors pulled in plus her back window was frosted up, and didn't use her indicators

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Pi--ed off trying to fly my new R C powered glider. Set it up as the book says and off to the large open park. First large push off ended in 7 mtrs flight and smash into ground. C of G not right I thought so moved battery back 30mm. Same thing on second try. Third try after putting 25 grams of weight on tail very tight loop smash into ground and smashed both 750mm wings beyond repair. £120 plane in the bin. Back to using the small half size powered glider for 3 hours flying. Cant get any of the larger planes to fly. I do get lots of dog walkers watching and dogs chasing the plane when flying low about 6mtrs up.
Weight to front it improves the stability never to the back unless it is so badly made as not have a sensible Cof G. Tailplanes do not lift up they lift down to counteract the nose weight., Try it. but check by holding the wingtips at mid chord and see what happens first should be slightly nose down.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Me, the loss of my 8 year old girl king Charles cavalier spaniel. She developed rapid breathing similar to a summer pant , but no tongue out. She seemed happy however, went for her walk, wagged her tail as usual, ate her food. Sunday night /Monday morning, panting increased, we stayed up all night with her and were due to see the vet at 0830. Never made it, she died in the arms of her mom, 7 in the morning. I just made it to the main room to hear her final gasp, some blood and fluid come from her mouth, that was it, she was gone. We had full cover insurance, money not an issue, but we failed to react quick enough, lost our dog, and now suffering the immense guilt associated with our failure. I buried her in her favourite spot in our garden on Tuesday morning, even left her some food and water for her onward journey. I visit her every day and say "hello", and ask forgiveness, that is how much we loved her. My missus is totally shot away by it all, we expected another year or two from her. So for all of you funsters who have dogs, and lots of you do, please heed my story, I would not want another person to go through what we are currently living with. Thank you for listening.

Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
Me, the loss of my 8 year old girl king Charles cavalier spaniel. She developed rapid breathing similar to a summer pant , but no tongue out. She seemed happy however, went for her walk, wagged her tail as usual, ate her food. Sunday night /Monday morning, panting increased, we stayed up all night with her and were due to see the vet at 0830. Never made it, she died in the arms of her mom, 7 in the morning. I just made it to the main room to hear her final gasp, some blood and fluid come from her mouth, that was it, she was gone. We had full cover insurance, money not an issue, but we failed to react quick enough, lost our dog, and now suffering the immense guilt associated with our failure. I buried her in her favourite spot in our garden on Tuesday morning, even left her some food and water for her onward journey. I visit her every day and say "hello", and ask forgiveness, that is how much we loved her. My missus is totally shot away by it all, we expected another year or two from her. So for all of you funsters who have dogs, and lots of you do, please heed my story, I would not want another person to go through what we are currently living with. Thank you for listening.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
@scottie I'm so sorry to hear that.
Try not to feel guilty, you didn't cause her to die, it was the illness or injury. She died knowing she was loved.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@scottie I am so sorry for your sadness.... Please remember that with grief comes guilt and the death of a pet is no difference ... they are part of our family. We always think 'what if' or 'if only' but the outcome may have been the same. We are only human and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Sending you and your family a hug .. :(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@scottie Sorry to hear about your dog. Don't be guilt ridden. There might have been an underlying problem that the vet might not have been able to cure. Think on the good times and good life you gave her.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ok the pharmaceutical companys:(

Just watched a TV program re cure for hepatitis C. Wait for it....it's unbelievable this. They want £35000 fir a course of 4 months that cures the condition. You can join something on line. Talk to a doctor in Australia via skipe, and they send you the coarse for £750...it makes my blood boil!!!:Eeek:

Rant over...have a nice weekend!

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Ok the pharmaceutical companys:(

Just watched a TV program re cure for hepatitis C. Wait for it....it's unbelievable this. They want £35000 fir a course of 4 months that cures the condition. You can join something on line. Talk to a doctor in Australia via skipe, and they send you the coarse for £750...it makes my blood boil!!!:Eeek:

Rant over...have a nice weekend!

Sorry, are you saying that there are two prices - £35K for 4 months or £750 for the coarse?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back