What pi$$ed you off this week (1 Viewer)

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
french woman just south of paris [in an aire] knocked my scooter into the side of camper riping waste pipe of and damaging panel GRRRR

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
War!!!!!

Why do governments s readily want to send young people off to kill other people? If everyone had to spend some time on the front line they might just learn what a bloody business it really is!

So this week the US and UK have bombed parts of Syria and 'regrettably' killed many Syrian soldiers. Now unnamed forces have bombed an aid convoy and we are all outraged!

Regret, outrage? Whatever, mums, dad's and children die.

When we watch news footage of the Italian earthquake and the collapsed buildings our thoughts turn to those who may be trapped and dying in the rubble.

When we see similar footage of towns and cities bombed flat there seems to be little thought of what has happened to the people who live there.

What's the term? Collateral Damage?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
People who buy a shower , remove the pressure relief device to repair theirs and then return it leaving it for some unfortunate person to buy......ME.....:mad: :swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I think the attitude of some rush hour drivers pisses me off. it is getting worse than ever it was. Nobody will give a centimeter, the only way to make progress in traffic is to be assertive, then all those who wont give a centimeter get the hump because they are now behind you. Not that this bothers me but it displays human nature at it's worst.

Just got back from France and the first thing I noticed after getting off the ferry was how inconsiderate we are on the roads, hardly anyone uses the inside lane and the middle lane hoggers are nose to tail and won't won't let you out:swear2::swear2:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just got back from France and the first thing I noticed after getting off the ferry was how inconsiderate we are on the roads, hardly anyone uses the inside lane and the middle lane hoggers are nose to tail and won't won't let you out:swear2::swear2:
And me @wizzer59 I felt very uneasy driving on the motorway,couldn't over take slow wagons as middle/outside lane hogged ..secondly got off ferry only to find the M3/A34 junction shut for roadwork.!!!! What ! This is the main junction for all north bound traffic from the south ..blxxdy ludicrous...

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Fiat are top of my shit list this week
EGR valves
Throttle bodies
Throttle regulators
Water corrosion
Shit design
Leading to confusing fault codes engine mangment lights on
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ and more £££££££££££££££££££££££££
Rant over

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Fiat are top of my shit list this week
EGR valves
Throttle bodies
Throttle regulators
Water corrosion
Shit design
Leading to confusing fault codes engine mangment lights on
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ and more £££££££££££££££££££££££££
Rant over
Do I understand that you are not having a good week ?? Lol

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
People who, on joining a Motorway from the slip road, think they have the right of way over people already on the Motorway.

Charging down the slip road and forcing their way in even if the vehicle in the inside lane is unable to move across owing to overtaking vehicles. It causes "panic" braking with the consequent risk of a tail end impact.:mad:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Do I understand that you are not having a good week ?? Lol
Understatement
Plus
2 tires for trike more £££££££££££££:eek:

Blinds fitted to front room windows that look like a 2 year old made and fitted them
Funny thing is bloke who fitted them recons there nowt wrong with them ya right Elaine went red in face and put him right :mad:last seen heading up drive with blind after issuing full refund :coffee:

And to crown of the week of HER :oops:who is in charge and never wrong has decided to refit all kitchen and recons it could be a good idea (y)to remove wall from kitchen to dining room that I wanted to take out 25 years ago :mad:
Not enough room for ££££££££ signs

Now of to garage to cry somemore
I may need to back to work :cry:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
People already on the motorway who don't ease off to create a gap for a vehicle joining from the slip road. Attempting to join a motorway from a standing start at the end of the slip road causes danger for everyone. :)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
People already on the motorway who don't ease off to create a gap for a vehicle joining from the slip road. Attempting to join a motorway from a standing start at the end of the slip road causes danger for everyone. :)
And that is the problem.:)

Have you ever tried "easing off" on the M6 particularly on the stretch between Sandbach and Knutsford?

New exhaust and rear bumper needed when the guy behind is too busy playing Pokemon GO or texting to see your brake lights.:cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And me @wizzer59 I felt very uneasy driving on the motorway,couldn't over take slow wagons as middle/outside lane hogged ..secondly got off ferry only to find the M3/A34 junction shut for roadwork.!!!! What ! This is the main junction for all north bound traffic from the south ..blxxdy ludicrous...
Move further north gentlemen, it's not as overcrowded as the sarf :)

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Had stroke Sunday morning. Just out of hospital. Cant drive for 1 month plus so 2 trips in van not lost às Ann wont drive van. Very angry man at mo as healthy dont do drugs fags booze not fat outside on 2 wheels a lot.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"

So true!!!(n)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
And that is the problem.:)

Have you ever tried "easing off" on the M6 particularly on the stretch between Sandbach and Knutsford?

New exhaust and rear bumper needed when the guy behind is too busy playing Pokemon GO or texting to see your brake lights.:cry:
By easing off I meant lifting off the throttle - it's normally sufficient.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
By easing off I meant lifting off the throttle - it's normally sufficient.
It would seem some people do not know the rules of the road. People joining a motorway are at a junction waiting to join the main carriageway. They should wait for a clear space to pull out. It is not up to the vehicles already on the main carriage way to make a space for them to pull out into. Just easing off the gas in an HGV can, particularly if on an incline take a long time to get back up to speed.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Had stroke Sunday morning. Just out of hospital. Cant drive for 1 month plus so 2 trips in van not lost às Ann wont drive van. Very angry man at mo as healthy dont do drugs fags booze not fat outside on 2 wheels a lot.
Sorry to hear that. Look after your self and hope you get out and about soon.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Life just ain't fair is it? A good thing you weren't out on your 2 wheels at the time...
Wishing you a quick and full recovery and a not too frustrating recuperation.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years

Hope all is improving with you.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Hope you make a full and fast recovery.

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Went to fill up before setting off, no power and white smoke!
Fuel pump and also water pump leaking. £1100 later decided not to go.
But it could have gone in the south of Spain, and we'd still be sitting there with two dogs.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015

The Highway Code says: -
  • give priority to traffic already on the motorway
  • check the traffic on the motorway and match your speed to fit safely into the traffic flow in the left-hand lane
So nothing there about people already on the motorway easing off. There always used to be a rule that you should never cause another vehicle to change speed or direction in any aspect of driving.​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back