VW Camper or PVC (2 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Pre 2007 Autosleeper Symbol,,,,if they do it with the childs bed in the roof,,(not sure but they did it on the Symphony) Toilet,shower,,good kitchen,,decent lounge ,,good beds and only 5.2 m,,,,We think its the perfect van,,but we are all different,,BUSBY:D2:D2

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh I agree if you buy wisely there's money to be made I sold my vw t4 trophy in February for £12k I paid £8k for it August last year.
My very first vw a 1963 split I bought for £725 in 1992 with full Mot
The last split I sold I sold for £26k in 2005
I've had 8 t4s in total

They hold value not because they are any more reliable etc they are just iconic and when folk can't get the older ones they buy the newer models
The only one that doesn't seem to have as much value is the T25 models the last of the rear engines ones, I had 4 of them too good space in them but never held as much value

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Oh I agree if you buy wisely there's money to be made I sold my vw t4 trophy in February for £12k I paid £8k for it August last year.
My very first vw a 1963 split I bought for £725 in 1992 with full Mot
The last split I sold I sold for £26k in 2005
I've had 8 t4s in total

They hold value not because they are any more reliable etc they are just iconic and when folk can't get the older ones they buy the newer models
The only one that doesn't seem to have as much value is the T25 models the last of the rear engines ones, I had 4 of them too good space in them but never held as much value
shame really as fit a golf /passat engine in the back and you have space and a good engine .
we used to fit loads of passat engines in them .
mind the 2.1 t25 was a great engine .
but a nice single port 1600cc perfect engine . took mine all over africa several times .
mind even the early 1200cc my dad took to turkey in 1962 was great. never missed a beat .
i arent a lover of t4/5 etc certainlt in the 90,s they were very troublesome cv jts . clutches , gear box, very often fuel problems on the diesel . glad i got out of it in 98.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
shame really as fit a golf /passat engine in the back and you have space and a good engine .
we used to fit loads of passat engines in them .
mind the 2.1 t25 was a great engine .
but a nice single port 1600cc perfect engine . took mine all over africa several times .
mind even the early 1200cc my dad took to turkey in 1962 was great. never missed a beat .
i arent a lover of t4/5 etc certainlt in the 90,s they were very troublesome cv jts . clutches , gear box, very often fuel problems on the diesel . glad i got out of it in 98.
Yeah with the T25 I had one 1600 air cooled one 1900 diesel and two of the 2.1 injections which could shift.

Have to say I loved my t4s though never had any issues with them and one had over 700,000 miles on it... Ex taxi from preston I converted to a camper lol

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Yeah with the T25 I had one 1600 air cooled one 1900 diesel and two of the 2.1 injections which could shift.

Have to say I loved my t4s though never had any issues with them and one had over 700,000 miles on it... Ex taxi from preston I converted to a camper lol
my first t25 was 1600cc air cooled it did hundreds of trips abroad bringing vw parts in to uk . but slowly. v reg
never liked the diesels . we did a cast ally adaptor ,adaptabug was our adaptor name usually fitted passat 1800cc pb engines then super chiped them upto about 125 bhp at the flywheel.
my 2.1 was magic but the 1800cc pb was even faster . not so good towing .
we could fit the pb engine in beetles but even better in the trikes . kernow trikes are us .
or was. volksupply was my main trade name .
we also fitted sheldon hightops and then later leisure drive roofs .
kernow campers was a side line . only got the 2.1 as vw gb gave me such a good discount not to import vws from nigeria . was a big thing at the time in late 80,s . nigeria made great vans . also pretoria used citreon v6 engine and gearbox . vwgb hated us for wanting to import them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back