Visiting Port Meirion, where to park a motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We are approx 8 miles from Port Meirion, and would like to visit the place. Do you know if, or where, we can park out 30ft RV as near as possible to this place?

Thanks,

Craig

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Went there last week but in a friends car, did not stop to park as it was raining so we have left it for another day. I did notice however that there was a large car park near the entrance where we could park our van and also they must cater for coaches.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Out of interest I just had a look on Google earth and the car park looks okay to take large vehicles so I don’t believe that you will have a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Out of interest I just had a look on Google earth and the car park looks okay to take large vehicles so I don’t believe that you will have a problem.
Yes I studied Google earth too, car park seems OK, but the roads to it are a bit vague.

Thanks,

Craig

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Tour coach's use the carpark so you should be OK with the access roads.
Unless things have changed the carpark is free and covered by admission to the village.
Take a walk further into the grounds, following footpaths we found a very old pet cemetery in the woods complete with engraved headstones.
The village is interesting but there's more to it than 'the prisoner'

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
There has been talk of an informal aire available soon, don't know how correct that is but the last time I was there there were a couple of German vans who looked as though they were settling for the night.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We did manage to park there in an Autotrail, but that was about 8 years ago, so things could have changed.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
If you cruise around the carpark in street view two motorhomes appear.

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have googled the roads and car park and I see 2 Motorhomes in there. I will go and see what transpires. If coaches get in, I can. Thanks for all you replies.

Craig

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We went to Port Meirion today in the RV, and there are no problems whatsoever getting there, as the road system is one way in, and one way out.

The people at the end of the 'IN' road, will direct you to the top car park where you could park 50+ juggernaughts, so no problems with a 30ft RV. 45ft coaches frequent this place daily.

An interesting, and unique place to visit, and unusual to say the least. We spent the whole day there, breaking off to return to the RV for dinner, and back in afterwards.

£10.50p for seniors, and you can enter and exit as many time as you wish (on foot). This is why we returned for dinner in the RV.

Craig

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We went to Port Meirion today in the RV, and there are no problems whatsoever getting there, as the road system is one way in, and one way out.

The people at the end of the 'IN' road, will direct you to the top car park where you could park 50+ juggernaughts, so no problems with a 30ft RV. 45ft coaches frequent this place daily.

An interesting, and unique place to visit, and unusual to say the least. We spent the whole day there, breaking off to return to the RV for dinner, and back in afterwards.

£10.50p for seniors, and you can enter and exit as many time as you wish (on foot). This is why we returned for dinner in the RV.

Craig

It's been about 15 years since our last visit. Good to know we can get our 'van in.
We're not quite seniors yet. How much for the parking or is that included in your ticket price?
Davy

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It's been about 15 years since our last visit. Good to know we can get our 'van in.
We're not quite seniors yet. How much for the parking or is that included in your ticket price?
Davy
Parking is free! and they are very happy to have motorhomes there. Makes nice change. Adult tickets for you young ones is £12.

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back