Vets in EU - research project list (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
This thread aims to ultimately provide a database of vets across the EU that Funsters can use to obtain EU Pet Passports and subsequent rabies boosters. For this we need your help. :Smile:

Particular info that we would like to obtain from vets includes:

1. Can you copy over details of current rabies vaccinations into a new Pet Passport? Or do you require a further rabies booster before you can issue the passport?

2. Do the rabies vaccines that you use have a 3-year duration period?

3. How much do you charge to issue a Pet Passport?

To obtain this information without pestering the same vets over and over, we have come up with a ‘Project List’ as set out below.

Please would any Funster willing to help with this research choose a region from those listed, and then post in this thread which region they have chosen. Within this region please email 2 or 3 vets and ask the questions listed above. Unless fluent in a particular language, it will probably be easiest to look for vets that can speak English - maybe by checking for Google reviews that mention this fact. Thank you.

France

DCEFAF0D-4988-4EF4-A5A3-39ACFD508E5C.png

1. Bretagne
2. Normandie
3. Hautes-de-France
4. Pays de la Loire
5. Centre Val de Loire
6. Ile-de-France
7. Grand Est
8. Bourgogne Franche-Comte
9. Nouvelle Aquitaine
10. Auvergne Rhône-Alpes
11. Occitaine
12. Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur

Belgium

460CF142-4963-4F49-B7AE-B46C76FE86D2.jpeg

1. Flanders (West & East)
2. Antwerp & Limburg
3. Brabant (Flemish & Walloon)
4. Hainaut & Namur
5. Liege & Luxembourg

Netherlands

BB8758DA-753B-463C-B99D-F63187BADA84.png

1. Friesland, Groningen & Drenthe
2. North Holland, Flevoland & Utrecht
3. Overijssel & Gelderland
4. South Holland & Zeeland
5. North Brabant & Limburg

Germany

B1031819-3EC8-4AA3-ADDD-23AE28A9B510.jpeg

1. Schleswig-Holstein & Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
2. Lower Saxony
3. Brandenburg
4. Saxony & Saxony-Anhalt
5. North Rhine-Westphalia
6. Hesse & Thuringia
7. Rhineland-Palatinate & Saarbrucken
8. Baden-Wurttemberg
9. Bavaria

Austria

1D633E16-CEAB-4824-9B8A-7CE8C9455DD4.png

1. Lower Austria & Burgenland
2. Upper Austria & Salzburg
3. Styria & Carinthia
4. Tyrol & Vorarlberg

*** For the moment I have not included Portugal in the list as we already have several reports of suitable vets. I have also omitted Spain as, unless there are odd exceptions, they only seem to give annual rabies boosters instead of 3-yearly. And Italy is omitted because it is a bureaucratic nightmare!

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Know one in the Nouvelle Aquitaine region one hour south of Limoges will email him today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Please note that you don’t already have to know vets in the various regions to take part. If you Google ‘Vets in .......’ whatever region or area, you’ll get a map showing their locations.

C4D4722C-2FB8-40CA-87CB-662741BC27F2.png

You can then zoom in and pick 2 or 3 likely ones to email, using Google Translate if necessary.

If this is going to work, we are going to need rather more than the 3 Funsters who have volunteered so far ........

As I stood back awaiting the rush for regions (that hasn’t yet happened), I will now bag my favoured region of Germany - Bavaria.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
maz Result back from North Brabant, Netherlands:
Practice name: Dierenartsencombinatie Zuidoost
They have several practices in North Brabant.
All is legal, at all vets. The rabies shot is transferable to another passport and it's not necessary to have another shot. Normally they use Nobivac which lasts for 3 years, but you have to check. The passport costs 10 euro and the visit 37, because for a new passport the vet has to check the dog!...but the visit is the price per visit and per dog

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
As I stood back awaiting the rush for regions (that hasn’t yet happened), I will now bag my favoured region of Germany - Bavaria.
You may be interested in a map I created last year for when Germany was a new touring place and we could all help each other out.

I created the map of google maps and then was able to share it with several other funsters. We had aires, bergs, beaches, weinguts, summer luges and vets.

If you want a link send me a pm with your email address (preferably a gmail address) to see what it is like and whether it is of any use to you.

You can obviously normally zoom in and out and behind each sign is the info such as sat nav details maybe a photo and costs etc. Phone numbers for vets and recommendations for your project. Vets were the grey pawprint and were all very highly recommended
1613134084638.png

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
maz Result back from North Brabant, Netherlands:
Practice name: Dierenartsencombinatie Zuidoost
They have several practices in North Brabant.
All is legal, at all vets. The rabies shot is transferable to another passport and it's not necessary to have another shot. Normally they use Nobivac which lasts for 3 years, but you have to check. The passport costs 10 euro and the visit 37, because for a new passport the vet has to check the dog!...but the visit is the price per visit and per dog
That’s great info - many thanks. (y)

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
I have e mailed three vets in Normandy asking for the information. I will post results as I receive them. The three are La Mailleraye Sur Seine, Buchy and St Mere Eglise. I have used all three in the past for the worming prior to the return to the UK, all three were very good and not expensive.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I have e mailed three vets in Normandy asking for the information. I will post results as I receive them. The three are La Mailleraye Sur Seine, Buchy and St Mere Eglise. I have used all three in the past for the worming prior to the return to the UK, all three were very good and not expensive.
It recently occurred to me that a possible reason for not receiving a reply from La Mailleraye could be that it is I believe a small satellite office of the branch at Bourg-Achard, about 15/20 minutes away, and as such may not have an OV allocated

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I have received a very rapid reply from one of the Bavarian vets, Dr Jochen Eichelberger in Herrieden.

1. It is not possible for them to transfer over existing vaccination details. A dog will need another rabies booster. This confirms what I had managed to glean about Germany from a couple of websites.

2. Their rabies vaccines are valid for 3 years.

3. Cost for the Pet Passport itself is around €12, plus around €30 for the rabies vaccination. So around €42 in total, which I think is pretty good value.

This vet also has an English language option on his website which makes things easier. :Smile:

https://www.dr-eichelberger.de/en/

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
I've had a reply from a vet in Baden-Baden, Center for Animal Health,
(info@tierarzt-baden-baden.de)
Im Rollfeld 58, 76532 Baden-Baden.
They can issue a new EU pet passport for around €65 but must give a rabies vaccination (approx €25) in order to issue a new passport.

It seems to be becoming clear that, yes German vets can issue new EU pet passport but cannot transfer existing in-date rabies vaccination details but have to re-vaccinate as a condition for the issue of a new passport.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Reply from a second Bavarian vet, Dr Klaus Landgraf in Ansbach.

1. They can only issue a Pet Passport if they have administered the rabies vaccination themselves.

2. They use rabies vaccines valid for 3 years.

3. Cost for Pet Passport plus rabies booster is around €65, inc consultation.

https://www.dr-landgraf.de/

So further confirmation of the need for German vets to administer a further rabies booster before issuing a Pet Passport.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Reply from Vet at Montreiul;

They will issue a French passport but only after having seen your dog in consultation.

The rabies vaccination consultation, is 46 € and the vaccine is valid for three years.
Thanks for that, Phill. (y)

Did they say whether they can copy over existing vaccination details, or do they always require another rabies booster before they will issue a Pet Passport?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for that, Phill. (y)

Did they say whether they can copy over existing vaccination details, or do they always require another rabies booster before they will issue a Pet Passport?
I did ask that question, but I did not get a direct answer.

I will try and get a clearer answer on that. Although I suspect they were unsure about putting the reply in writing.

I will see what I can get.

Reactions: maz

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
I’ve had a reply from the vet at Buchy in Normandy.

Good afternoon,
This is possible for us to deliver a EU passport. The price for a passport is 12 euros.
Only the vet that has vaccinated the pet against rabies could copy the proof of vaccination in a new passport (either it's a UK one or a EU one). Once we deliver a new EU pet passport, each time a rabies vaccine or booster is administered to the pet, the proof can be written in both passports.
We have two different vaccines at our use, one of them with a 1-year duration for the first vaccination and one of them with 3-year duration, this is to be adapted according to your pet's needs.
For more information you can go to the french brexit site : https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil/vous-etes-britannique-en/Animaux-de-compagnie.html or the UK one : https://www.gov.uk/bring-pet-to-great-britain

I hope I have answered all your questions.
Have a nice evening
The vet team

The reply below is from the vet at St Mere Eglise, I’m not going to push him, I will just await the reply.

Hello,

I asked an official vet (working for the government) if an address in France is required for the delivery of a french pet passport.
I'm waiting for the answer. As soon as I've got it, i will let you know.

Best regards

Cordialement, la clinique vétérinaire Plain Cotentin.

SCP Simon - Chauvet - Boittin
25 <Broken link removed>
02 33 21 01 31
veto.sme50@yahoo.fr

I have heard nothing from the vet at La Mailleraye yet.​

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Reply from Vet at Montreiul;

They will issue a French passport but only after having seen your dog in consultation.

The rabies vaccination consultation, is 46 € and the vaccine is valid for three years.
That's good news! Montreuil is our regular stop :giggle:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back