Vets in EU - research project list (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Martin

Its Carn Vet Clinic Malin Road, Gort Glebe, Carndonagh, Co Donegal F93 VH98. Telephone no.

Sonja
Hi Sonja

Just contacted the vet in Carndonagh and got this reply.

To issue an EU pet passport you will need photographic ID for yourself & proof of address of an Irish residence

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Sonja

Just contacted the vet in Carndonagh and got this reply.

To issue an EU pet passport you will need photographic ID for yourself & proof of address of an Irish residence
That's strange could you use the campsite or address you are staying at? I'm lucky and have a house over there. If you had bought a dog or rehomed one in Ireland you wouldn't have an Irish address, but you would need a passport to bring it back.
I wonder what they would say if you rang them.

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
That's strange could you use the campsite or address you are staying at? I'm lucky and have a house over there. If you had bought a dog or rehomed one in Ireland you wouldn't have an Irish address, but you would need a passport to bring it back.
That’s a good point about what would happen if I bought a dog there. I did reply and ask about a campsite address. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I have had a further response. They have contacted Department of Agriculture and confirmed I do not need to have Irish / EU residency. Just need to work out when we can go now. Ireland seems to be opening up on 7th June and hopefully we will get an announcement this week from Johnson.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have had a further response. They have contacted Department of Agriculture and confirmed I do not need to have Irish / EU residency. Just need to work out when we can go now. Ireland seems to be opening up on 7th June and hopefully we will get an announcement this week from Johnson.
Don't suppose you want to 'temporarily' adopt 2 other doggies do you and get EU PPs for them for us? :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

IanB2

Free Member
Jun 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
just looking
The question as to whether you can obtain an EU pet passport using a UK residence address is key, and would be worth adding to the original list of questions to vets?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The question as to whether you can obtain an EU pet passport using a UK residence address is key, and would be worth adding to the original list of questions to vets?
Hi Ian and welcome to the Fun!

:welcome3:

The answer is that yes, you can use a UK residence address to obtain an EU pet passport (I did just this recently in France) but some vets ask for a local campsite address instead. Neither of which is difficult to comply with. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Hi Motörhead Fun
Did you make any progress in getting your dog an EU pet passport?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back