Vet in Bruges happy to issue EU Pet Passport to Brits (2 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
The worming treatment has to be done each time that you return to the UK - between 1 and 5 days before return. The vet mentioned at the start of this thread administers 3-year rabies vaccinations.
Thankyou Maz and that’s really good with the 3 year rabies vaccination when I had my 3 doggies done in Spain in feb theirs was a a yearly one so due again in February🙄good excuse though to go back to Spain next year🥰

Reactions: maz

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Good morning can I ask once the rabies vaccine has been given how long after it can we travel back to the Uk julesac85 is my sister and we’re looking to go and get her 2 doggies passports but due to work commitments wouldn’t be able to stay for more than a week if we got them this year. Couldn’t we used the AHC certificate to return with rather than the passport as with having the rabies vaccine done here in the Uk before travel know they would be safe to travel but how would this work with recording the worm treatment for coming home sorry for the long message just trying toget as much information as possible before we book vets and the euro tunnel so any information is very much appreciated 🥰
I haven’t just ignored you. Your question had been answered before I read your question. '
We had our vet enter worming treatment on both AHC and new pp. We only presented pp at French Pet-passport control to “prove” new pp worked. No problem getting through.
The only query we have ever had is when we left in Apr this year, our dogs had only just had thier rabies booster. AHC cannot record whether this is a booster or first one so the vet advised us to ensure we carried our old UK issued pp to confirm it was a booster. We were queried on it at uk pet-passport control, but could prove it was a booster.
Another fault of the AHC. But we don’t have to worry about that any more👍

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We traveled back after 4 days of getting EU PP. Pet check in looked in old UK PP to show dog was previously covered for rabies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
I haven’t just ignored you. Your question had been answered before I read your question. '
We had our vet enter worming treatment on both AHC and new pp. We only presented pp at French Pet-passport control to “prove” new pp worked. No problem getting through.
The only query we have ever had is when we left in Apr this year, our dogs had only just had thier rabies booster. AHC cannot record whether this is a booster or first one so the vet advised us to ensure we carried our old UK issued pp to confirm it was a booster. We were queried on it at uk pet-passport control, but could prove it was a booster.
Another fault of the AHC. But we don’t have to worry about that any more👍
never thought for a moment you had ignored us 🥰this will be my sisters dogs first passport so they havnt got an old Uk one. But will see if the vets will record the worming treatment on their AHC and the new passports if they do we will return with new passports so can get checked if not will return using the AHC as have been advised that it’s not a problem returning to France/spain if the worming treatment isn’t recorded in the new passports. The main query was how long after issuing the passports can they come home due to having to have another rabies vaccine as unfortunately the timescale is just a week but they will be having the rabies vaccine here a month before travel and the AHC within the 10 day timescale and know they will have to have annother one when issuing the passports. Thanks for the tip with old passport as I’m returning in January to get our 3 little doggies their rabies boosters and yes agree lots of faults with the AHC our friends AHC was not filled in correctly so wasnt allowed to use it but that’s a different story😳thanks again for help🥰

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
We traveled back after 4 days of getting EU PP. Pet check in looked in old UK PP to show dog was previously covered for rabies.
Thankyou they havnt got an old Uk passport so we’re hoping we can either use the passports if worming is recorded in it or just the AHC if not to come back 🥰

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
never thought for a moment you had ignored us 🥰this will be my sisters dogs first passport so they havnt got an old Uk one. But will see if the vets will record the worming treatment on their AHC and the new passports if they do we will return with new passports so can get checked if not will return using the AHC as have been advised that it’s not a problem returning to France/spain if the worming treatment isn’t recorded in the new passports. The main query was how long after issuing the passports can they come home due to having to have another rabies vaccine as unfortunately the timescale is just a week but they will be having the rabies vaccine here a month before travel and the AHC within the 10 day timescale and know they will have to have annother one when issuing the passports. Thanks for the tip with old passport as I’m returning in January to get our 3 little doggies their rabies boosters and yes agree lots of faults with the AHC our friends AHC was not filled in correctly so wasnt allowed to use it but that’s a different story😳thanks again for help🥰
It’s a blessing when youv got them so as your not constantly paying stupid amounts of money every time you go away glad you’ve got yours sorted and glad mine is as-well just need to get the sisters n bro in laws dogs sorted and we can show them how amazing taking the motorhome to Europe is🥰

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I’m hoping the vet answers the part about how long the vaccine lasts. If so we will factor into our next visit over the channel.

Thanks for the reply’s we’re reading as many of the threads as we can find the Uk rabies will be done a month before travel but very much doubt they will transfer this onto the new passports and will give them another one which they will record on it when having the passports done.
My only concern is after obtaining the passports and then having the worming treatment recorded on the AHC and use that to return home the passports won’t show that they have had the worming treatments so would this cause any issues using the passports when wanting to come back into the eu Thankyou again for any info 🥰
I got an EU passport today from a Belgian vet. She refused to enter/transfer the rabies from the AHC which was one year into the 3 year validity.
I got another rabies jab from her which has a year validity - she said that applies to Belgian jabs - it’s a shame they don’t do 3 year ones like the UK.
I intend to get worming done in France on return in 2 weeks time. I see no reason why this vet should not enter the worming on both the new PP and the AHC I used to get over here.
The existing rabies jab is valid so I could just use the AHC to return but will ask border control to check the PP.
This vet in Mons, maybe easier than Bruges unless it is on outskirts, In Mons, it is on outskirts, plenty of parking outside and 20 mins from Strépy- Theiu free overnight and good doggy walks.

Jul 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elldis Autoquest
There is no time period. We had ours issued when we went out then returned to the uk after staying for 29 days.
So could they have the rabies vaccine and then return 3 days later to the uk as I believe in Spain you have to stay for 4 weeks before returning, this will be our first trI’m and they will have one rabies injection before we go so not sure if that counts as the first one mean they have to stay longer

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
So could they have the rabies vaccine and then return 3 days later to the uk as I believe in Spain you have to stay for 4 weeks before returning, this will be our first trI’m and they will have one rabies injection before we go so not sure if that counts as the first one mean they have to stay longer

if they have a current rabies vacc and that was done more than 21 days ago then there is no wait for the booster vacc to be effective. the 4 weeks in spain can only be after the original vacc, it is only for the original vacc or if the original expired before the booster was given is there a wait period of 21 days.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Phill D beat me to it. If you have managed to get to the EU on an AHC, but the EU pp issuing vet insists on giving another 1 or 3 year rabies jab, then I would suggest you get back to the UK on the AHC as you need 21 days between the rabies injection and travelling. The EU pp will show that their jab is the first the dog has received. When you travel to the EU next time, you shouldn’t have any snags.

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
I got an EU passport today from a Belgian vet. She refused to enter/transfer the rabies from the AHC which was one year into the 3 year validity.
I got another rabies jab from her which has a year validity - she said that applies to Belgian jabs - it’s a shame they don’t do 3 year ones like the UK.
I intend to get worming done in France on return in 2 weeks time. I see no reason why this vet should not enter the worming on both the new PP and the AHC I used to get over here.
The existing rabies jab is valid so I could just use the AHC to return but will ask border control to check the PP.
This vet in Mons, maybe easier than Bruges unless it is on outskirts, In Mons, it is on outskirts, plenty of parking outside and 20 mins from Strépy- Theiu free overnight and good doggy walks
Phill D beat me to it. If you have managed to get to the EU on an AHC, but the EU pp issuing vet insists on giving another 1 or 3 year rabies jab, then I would suggest you get back to the UK on the AHC as you need 21 days between the rabies injection and travelling. The EU pp will show that their jab is the first the dog has received. When you travel to the EU next time, you shouldn’t have any snags.
Thankyou it’s really appreciated 👍 that’s what we will do🥰

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
This vet in Mons, maybe easier than Bruges unless it is on outskirts, In Mons, it is on outskirts, plenty of parking outside and 20 mins from Strépy- Theiu free overnight and good doggy walks.
Annie, I got a 3 yr Rabies jab for our dog this last June from Dr Christine in Mons, it was running out in September anyway so good timing

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Annie, I got a 3 yr Rabies jab for our dog this last June from Dr Christine in Mons, it was running out in September anyway so good timing
She was insistent that Belgium one only one year! As others have said, she seems to make it up as she goes along.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Belgium does do 3-year rabies vaccinations.

9F17B478-3E0E-4C57-950D-69753E0A2E51.png

Source: https://www.health.belgium.be/en/an...imal-keeping-and-transporting/travelling-pets

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Now, does anyone know a vet near Calais that will use own wormer. I have a Droncit with me 🤣

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
Edit to above, went to look at the stamp and the label from the vaccine. It was Nobivac which says 3 years on the chart above
So looked at the dates and she has written valid to 2025 on the PP. How odd. She spoke perfect English so not sure what went on
Anyway alls well that ends well 🤣happy bunny hereView attachment 678369
That’s great🥰

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now, does anyone know a vet near Calais that will use own wormer. I have a Droncit with me 🤣
Not sure how close you mean but we used the vet at Buchy.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Edit to above, went to look at the stamp and the label from the vaccine. It was Nobivac which says 3 years on the chart above
So looked at the dates and she has written valid to 2025 on the PP. How odd. She spoke perfect English so not sure what went on
Anyway alls well that ends well 🤣happy bunny here
Good result after all. (y)

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Anyway alls well that ends well 🤣happy bunny hereView attachment 678369
We have an appointment on Tuesday with the vet in Brugge, Ollys current vaccination runs out in January so good timing. Emailed her today and she stated their rabies vaccine lasts 3 years.👌

Attachments

• 20221014_160749.jpg
    20221014_160749.jpg
    865.2 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We have an appointment on Tuesday with the vet in Brugge, Ollys current vaccination runs out in January so good timing. Emailed her today and she stated their rabies vaccine lasts 3 years.👌
Please let us know how you get on. :Smile:

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all just thought I would update you regarding getting my sisters (julesac85) dogs passports early December we have been in touch with this particular vets today who has confirmed they give the 3 year rabies vaccine and they will also record the worming treatment in both their AHC and the new passports for return home 🙌😍 also my 3 chihuahuas who have passports who’s rabies vaccine expires in February 23 will give them a 3 year vaccine at same time as the worming treatment👍 so all 5 dogs are booked in at the same time🙌They couldn’t have been more helpful nor you guys on here Thank you everyone we will keep you updated on how we get on🥰

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
20221025_142127.jpg

Olly had his appointment with the vet in Brugge this morning.
All went well passport issued along with a 3 year rabies vaccination and tapeworm treatment as we are heading back on Thursday.
The appointment cost €67 and she said she is busy with travellers from the UK.
Can highly recommend if your looking for a passport for your pet, her practice is in a residential area and street parking is OK only a 5 min drive from the aire at the bus station.
Kenny.

Attachments

• 20221025_142127.jpg
    20221025_142127.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
View attachment 680671
All went well passport issued along with a 3 year rabies vaccination and tapeworm treatment as we are heading back on Thursday.
Can highly recommend if your looking for a passport for your pet, her practice is in a residential area and street parking is OK only a 5 min drive from the aire at the bus station.
Kenny.
That’s excellent news - thanks for your update. (y)

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
View attachment 680671
Kenny.
That’s absolutely brilliant news🙌🐶🙌we’re all booked in for 6th December thanks for updating us we will do the same 🥰can I ask what aire you used we are hoping to make our way to parking kanaaleiamd in Bruges 🥰

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
That’s absolutely brilliant news🙌🐶🙌we’re all booked in for 6th December thanks for updating us we will do the same 🥰can I ask what aire you used we are hoping to make our way to parking kanaaleiamd in Bruges 🥰
We used this one screenshot taken from search for sites. Closest one we found to the vet and only a 15min walk to the old town.👌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221025-173504_searchforsites.jpg
    Screenshot_20221025-173504_searchforsites.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 24
Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
We used this one screenshot taken from search for sites. Closest one we found to the vet and only a 15min walk to the old town.👌
Thankyou for that👍 it gives us another option 🙌
this is a screenshot of the one on campercontact
thanks again😍

Attachments

• A109DB59-B3BD-4659-9C4B-9A4FB42EF0FB.png
    A109DB59-B3BD-4659-9C4B-9A4FB42EF0FB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!