Valeting (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
In atticipation of the great get away, sometime in the near future, have any members looked at having their motorhomes professionally valetted?
I can do mine apart from the roof, not so steady on a ladder now!!! I have had a couple of quotes of £150. What do members think, is this about right or a bit expensive?
It is a pvc conversion so not a coachbuilt or aclass. Many thanks for any & all replys. Safe journeys everyone. Ken

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
In atticipation of the great get away, sometime in the near future, have any members looked at having their motorhomes professionally valetted?
I can do mine apart from the roof, not so steady on a ladder now!!! I have had a couple of quotes of £150. What do members think, is this about right or a bit expensive?
It is a pvc conversion so not a coachbuilt or aclass. Many thanks for any & all replys. Safe journeys everyone. Ken
Put it this way...if I was doing it I would want £150👍 I personally think that’s a fair price to pay.

I see you have a van conversion, are you talking about having outside and inside done ?

OP
OP
intokenny
Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
Put it this way...if I was doing it I would want £150👍 I personally think that’s a fair price to pay.

I see you have a van conversion, are you talking about having outside and inside done ?
The more i thought about it the more it seemed ok. Just the outside, i can do the inside myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Fun member down south (sorry can't remember his name) did the RV over two days, £500 I think.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Depends how well it's done. The E Europeans at my local car wash charge £45 to do the outside including roof but that doesn't get rid of black streaks or all of the dirt and mould on or around vents and grilles.
I expect my window cleaner earns £150 on a fine weather day.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I’ve been considering this and normally that price includes polish.
My reservation is that some external valeters use a pressure washer and for me that’s a no no.

OP
OP
intokenny
Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
Depends how well it's done. The E Europeans at my local car wash charge £45 to do the outside including roof but that doesn't get rid of black streaks or all of the dirt and mould on or around vents and grilles.
I expect my window cleaner earns £150 on a fine weather day.
Yes, i take your point, but this is by a professional.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes, i take your point, but this is by a professional.
Sounds good to me. It's hard graft and I would rather pay 150 quid to have it done once a year, twice at most.
TBH, in the current situation I'd be more than happy to pay if I was at last able to go away on my magic carpet.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Before lockdown I use to have a firm come once a month and do 4 vehicles at home.
They washed and dried the outside and did a full valet on the insides.
First time visit they also polished the bodywork
They use to make a very nice job and charge £140 for the 4

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I have a PVC and last year I bought the Thule ladder holder to use with our existing telescopic ladder. I moved it around the outside of the van placing it at arms length and once ladder strapped on, felt very safe going up and down.

Going up yourself lets you examine the roof and all the stuff on top.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
The valet in this post #1 gets quite a lot of shout outs on MHF
Tempted to use him myself after my only partial success at the DIY valet.
£65 - £270
- the cheapest has a simple wax finish.
No internal work at the mo

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
The valet in this post #1 gets quite a lot of shout outs on MHF
Tempted to use him myself after my only partial success at the DIY valet.
£65 - £270
- the cheapest has a simple wax finish.
No internal work at the mo
Mike does a fantastic job, He done a rejuvenation valet on my 8.2m van 2 years ago he spent about 9 hours on it supplying all materials £270 well spent and i never broke into a sweat.
we stayed on Bridge House Campsite at Lechlade and Mike came to site. Lovely site couple of hundred metre from the River Thames.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Another question to ask is how long will it take? If it’s a days work including materials it’s a reasonable rate. If it’s two days work you have a bargain.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
when selling my parents the valeted quoted £120 inside only that was to get the corners done that to be honest I could not be bothered to do , pointless , from the off it was clear he had never valeted a MH, so ended up doing it myself £80 for a really poor service and to get rid of him. As for the roof local hand car wash may do it for you but look on the 'opps' thread and there is a lovely pic of Riverbankannie's van she could set up a business I'd pay her :giggler:
quotes went from £80 to £180 so I picked middle ground

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Wouldn't trust mine to anyone, besides I enjoy doing it and it keeps you close and personal to every mark and enables you to pre-empt a possible fault. We have just finished polishing ours can be done in a day but we spread it over 3 mornings. Its always kept clean but then we have the advantage of keeping it in a hutch. Once I stopped working we always did our boat, then the RV and now the Morelo. If you are not in a rush and who is at the moment its a great job, very fulfilling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back