Coachbuilt

Jim

Ringleader
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Posts
41,875
Likes collected
165,695
Location
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
1
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Since 1986
Coachbuilt motorhome - A motorhome that is built on a regular automotive manufactured van chassis.
 
Coachbuilt motorhome - A motorhome that is built on a regular automotive manufactured van chassis.
So that means the original van cab is present but nothing (visible) behind it except the motorhome manufacturer's bodywork?
 
Coachbuilt motorhome - A motorhome that is built on a regular automotive manufactured van chassis.
So I think I've 'got' 'A class' & 'C class', but what is 'B class'?
 
So I think I've 'got' 'A class' & 'C class', but what is 'B class'?

A Class - fully coachbuilt inc the cab. Huge windscreen.
B Class - A panel van conversion (PVC). Not coachbuilt. Might have a pop up roof.
C Class - a hybrid of A and B. Coachbuilt hab area but retains the base van’s cab, doors, windscreen, but not roof.
 
A Class - fully coachbuilt inc the cab. Huge windscreen.
B Class - A panel van conversion (PVC). Not coachbuilt. Might have a pop up roof.
C Class - a hybrid of A and B. Coachbuilt hab area but retains the base van’s cab, doors, windscreen, but not roof.
Excellent and finally got it clear, thank you very much.

Although the ABC doesn't fit with my concept of logical but I won't argue - do you or anybody know how these classification names arose??
 

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Forum posts reflect the views of individual users and not MotorhomeFun.
MotorhomeFun does not endorse or verify user-generated content.

Back
Top