Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
I have finally rediscovered my Revolut card.
It has €250 in the € section and £5 in the Sterling side.
Do funds automatically get drawn from the € side in eg a supermarket in the EU or do I have to do something technical?
Tia
Jon

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The card will also take funds from one currency to the other if your purchase exceeds the funds in that currency.
Which is both useful and a pain if you bought at a good rate and inadvertently use it at a poor rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I have finally rediscovered my Revolut card.
It has €250 in the € section and £5 in the Sterling side.
Do funds automatically get drawn from the € side in eg a supermarket in the EU or do I have to do something technical?
Tia
Jon
If i remember correctly, it will draw money in the currency you are paying in first, but if funds are not available in that currency, it will transfer funds from one of the other currencys, if available.

For instance if you spent £100 in a uk supermarket with that card, it would automatically move money from your euro account into your stirling account before paying, or at least that is how it used to work.

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
If i remember correctly, it will draw money in the currency you are paying in first, but if funds are not available in that currency, it will transfer funds from one of the other currencys, if available.

For instance if you spent £100 in a uk supermarket with that card, it would automatically move money from your euro account into your stirling account before paying, or at least that is how it used to work.
There isn’t an automatic transfer.
What’s automatic is the currency with enough funds is used to pay. Local first.
If you’ve £15 and €30 but try to buy something that’s £18, you’ll spend from the euro balance.
Related, with the same fund split and no auto transfer ability, if you want to buy something that is €35 that could fail. I need to check that’s still the case. 🤔

Edit: checked: https://help.revolut.com/help/card-...urrency-balance-will-be-deducted-for-spending

The revolut card can’t use more than one currency per transaction 🙁

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Reading some of the help pages from the link above I noticed that you can't link a joint bank account to your Revolut account . Does this also mean that you cannot receive payments from a joint account ?

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Reading some of the help pages from the link above I noticed that you can't link a joint bank account to your Revolut account . Does this also mean that you cannot receive payments from a joint account ?

cant agree with that our bank account is joint and it is linked to the Revolut card in my name

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Well, that was a let down, ELeClerc refused my revolut card. I shall try somewhere else..
was that for fuel or in store?

common for fuel to spit it out but in store its just another card.

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Have used mine for a good few weeks now in Portugal and Spain. I transfer GBP onto my card then exchange to euros checking the rate offered. Only once declined, my bad as I set up a low limit and tried to pay for fuel which took me over the limit. Once I fathomed out I uped the limit and working again. I like the instant notification you get when making a purchase, great for when it’s in my wife’s purse. Can draw a max £200 currency and use the card for transactions up to £1k per month with no fees or charges. Saved all the HSBC currency transaction fees.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Have used mine for a good few weeks now in Portugal and Spain. I transfer GBP onto my card then exchange to euros checking the rate offered. Only once declined, my bad as I set up a low limit and tried to pay for fuel which took me over the limit. Once I fathomed out I uped the limit and working again. I like the instant notification you get when making a purchase, great for when it’s in my wife’s purse. Can draw a max £200 currency and use the card for transactions up to £1k per month with no fees or charges. Saved all the HSBC currency transaction fees.
We hav has ours since 2016, we use it every month to move money from UK to france, we regularly go over the £1000, and their charges are reasonable, but avoid transferring on weekends.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can link a debit card for a joint account, but not an actual bank account to transfer money into Revolut within Revolut itself. Instead what you have to do is pay into it from your bank account - click on 'change' next to debit card and it'll give you the info on how to fund it from a bank account.

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
I checked in the app. The rejected payment was noted, and a solution was proposed: either use PIN or unlock contactless payment via the app.
Done that, we shall see the result tomorrow.
Yeah I done that also didn’t work 🤷‍♂️ New card ordered but took 8 days to arrive. Good luck..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
Fortunately the card is seldom used, the account is mainly for paying invoices in €.
If it doesn't work I may fix it when we return in early December.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back