Unbelievable Motorhome Story In Th News (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just maybe, he had too much on his mind, if he had previously killed his wife and in his torment was just driving on the wrong side of the road, not a suicide, but an accident. :unsure:
I am not condoning his actions, just another possible explanation,. It really needs a statement from the lorry driver to confirm the possibility of suicide.
If it was on a straight road, I can understand the suicide explanation, if rounding a bend, then there is a possibility of being on the wrong side of the road in error.
Not when he's driving up the wrong side of a motorway ... he must have known he was doing that as its not easy to access the wrong side without passing signs to tell you that you are going the wrong way!

I originally thought it could simply be that he was accidentally driving on the wrong side forgetting he was abroad, but not when it's a motorway.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Not when he's driving up the wrong side of a motorway ... he must have known he was doing that as its not easy to access the wrong side without passing signs to tell you that you are going the wrong way!

I originally thought it could simply be that he was accidentally driving on the wrong side forgetting he was abroad, but not when it's a motorway.
Actually it's easier than you think on a motorway abroad when wanting to turn left where the dual carriagway requires you to cross over to the far carriageway turning left onto it. When the oncoming traffic is light or non existent it a lapse of concentration could unfortunalely enable a driver to simply turn left against oncoming traffic. Many years ago my dad made the same mistake when leaving a hotel driveway that accessed a dual carriageway near Lockerbie. Fortunately I shouted a warning before he turned, again no oncoming traffic seen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Jim are we related?
I have considerable sympathy for the lorry driver for I have been in that position.
minxy i once drove on the wrong side of a very quiet road in France
Movan I understand what you are saying having worked with a number of people suffering sustained abuse.

Jim we are related because I wish what you said on that lovely man President Trump

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We don't know what went on before... Maybe his wife had spent years abusing HIM, threatening HIS life, holding a knife to his throat when he was in bed, raping him, starving him, locking him in cupboards... and he just snapped and didn't even realise he was driving into a lorry. Life is rubbish for some people behind closed doors and it may sound like a ridiculous scenario.. but it's what some live with everyday and no escape for one reason or another.

Please can we wait for the facts to come out before we judge this tragedy.
Far too sensible movan. Let's all rush to judgement based on a Daily Mail story of all things!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim are we related?
I have considerable sympathy for the lorry driver for I have been in that position.

On the strength of what we've been told. I have considerable sympathy for the wife and the lorry driver and none for the murderer. If that is not the story, then my view might change, but until it does, and if he is guilty, then I hope it bloody well hurt.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

He could have been out of his mind with grief and not realised he was on the wrong side of the road, was his wife murded or did she die of natural causes. My guess is that at some point the news may report what actually happened.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Gotta say Jim I find your attitude a bit un-Jim. I would only ever wish pain on someone who hurts children or animals. I am a 'hang em on high' sort of person but at least make it quick and painless.

Sad story all round.
What if it was one of your kids driving the lorry?:cry:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
So much PC about people who don’t give a flying fork, If he was alive i‘d shoot the fecker, what’s wrong with that, perhaps someone stole his chips when he was a kid, never nice, especially if your hungry, affected me for years, could never share my chips after that, barstewards, I still get tears in my eyes when I walk past a chippy, but not so much these days as they’ve stopped selling pickled onions.:rolleyes:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
He could have been out of his mind with grief and not realised he was on the wrong side of the road, was his wife murded or did she die of natural causes. My guess is that at some point the news may report what actually happened.
If it was all an accident it will not appear in the news again, it's not sensational enough. :oops:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
If it was all an accident it will not appear in the news again, it's not sensational enough. :oops:
Maybe maybe not, whatever happened there are families that will have lost loved ones you have to feel for them as well.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Then when the truth comes out we will all hang him high but until then let's look at all the scenarios.

I just hope some funsters arn't on a jury if I'm up in the dock for something I didn't do... I'd have no chance..

Oh just a sec.. Mmmmmm:unsure:
I have been on a Jury..... and all convicted, they did not stand a chance (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have been on a Jury..... and all convicted, they did not stand a chance (y)

I was sent for once but when they learned of my history, they said I was permanently excused.... I think they thought I would put my black hanky on my head should certain types of crimes come up. :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Then when the truth comes out we will all hang him high but until then let's look at all the scenarios.

I just hope some funsters arn't on a jury if I'm up in the dock for something I didn't do... I'd have no chance..

Oh just a sec.. Mmmmmm:unsure:
Joy darling, you’d have the jury hugging trees quick as a flash!(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Actually it's easier than you think on a motorway abroad when wanting to turn left where the dual carriagway requires you to cross over to the far carriageway turning left onto it. When the oncoming traffic is light or non existent it a lapse of concentration could unfortunalely enable a driver to simply turn left against oncoming traffic. Many years ago my dad made the same mistake when leaving a hotel driveway that accessed a dual carriageway near Lockerbie. Fortunately I shouted a warning before he turned, again no oncoming traffic seen.
When we've been using motorways abroad there have always been signs telling you to 'stop' if you attempt to go the wrong way.

Jim are we related?
minxy i once drove on the wrong side of a very quiet road in France
That is easily done and hubby has done it for a second or two in the past but it's not the same as doing it on a motorway.

That's a question I have too ... how did his wife die? What doesn't stack up is that he had her in the vehicle for a few days so if it was all 'innocent' surely he would have got help rather than try to drive with her in the still in the vehicle as there's no way he would be able to get back to the UK with her like that? I doubt he was thinking 'correctly' - whether this was because he'd killed her or not could have had a great influence on his subsequent actions. However you look at it though its all very, very sad.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
When we've been using motorways abroad there have always been signs telling you to 'stop' if you attempt to go the wrong way.

That is easily done and hubby has done it for a second or two in the past but it's not the same as doing it on a motorway.

That's a question I have too ... how did his wife die? What doesn't stack up is that he had her in the vehicle for a few days so if it was all 'innocent' surely he would have got help rather than try to drive with her in the still in the vehicle as there's no way he would be able to get back to the UK with her like that? I doubt he was thinking 'correctly' - whether this was because he'd killed her or not could have had a great influence on his subsequent actions. However you look at it though its all very, very sad.
Minxy agree with you and there are stories you hear is one headline: Husband slept in same room as wife's body for six days it could have been reported so differently to get a sensationalised story (which the press often are criticised for) .

The reported story is about a couple in a foreign country and probably no social support network so who the heck knows what really happened.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If someone I was travelling with, died, and was a brit for example, I would try to drive them back to the UK if I was abroad and take the consequences at the UK border. I appreciate in this instance the wife of the driver was French. But he may have been trying to get her back to France.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If someone I was travelling with, died, and was a brit for example, I would try to drive them back to the UK if I was abroad and take the consequences at the UK border. I appreciate in this instance the wife of the driver was French. But he may have been trying to get her back to France.
I think it’s pretty much illegal everywhere in Europe to move a dead body without notifying the police

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We don't know what went on before... Maybe his wife had spent years abusing HIM, threatening HIS life, holding a knife to his throat when he was in bed, raping him, starving him, locking him in cupboards... and he just snapped and didn't even realise he was driving into a lorry. Life is rubbish for some people behind closed doors and it may sound like a ridiculous scenario.. but it's what some live with everyday and no escape for one reason or another.

Please can we wait for the facts to come out before we judge this tragedy.
I was going to say something similar ....no one knows what led up to this

I guarantee if it had been the wife driving and the husband dead many more would have assumed she was previously abused etc

Probably the facts will never all be known

Any any other source rather than the daily fail would have been good

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I dunno there was a couple killed in a motorhome in the UK doing exactly that last year or the year before ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back