Unbelievable Motorhome Story In Th News (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
If he where contemplating that sort of thing. He could have just driven off a high cliff or something. It was not necessary to risk taking the life of an innocent driver as well. I suppose that aside. He has probably save the rest of society a shed load of money, with trials and the cost of keeping them locked up.?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Awful story,seems he put the truck driver and others at risk too. If it is true, let's hope he took a while to die
Whilst agreeing with the sentiment of the poor truck driver being injured probably both physically and mentally I think it's wrong to wish torture even self inflicted on anyone. The full facts aren't know at present and may never be even if in the worst case scenario I wouldn't wish a slow death on him.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
If he where contemplating that sort of thing. He could have just driven off a high cliff or something. It was not necessary to risk taking the life of an innocent driver as well. I suppose that aside. He has probably save the rest of society a shed load of money, with trials and the cost of keeping them locked up.?

Exactly!

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We had a spate of people jumping in front of trains here a few years ago. Very selfish too. The drivers and passengers must have suffered severe mental issues.
Why couldn't he have just locked himself in a fummy garage.?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I said if it's true. If it is, yes I'd wish pain on him. Lots of it.
Gotta say Jim I find your attitude a bit un-Jim. I would only ever wish pain on someone who hurts children or animals. I am a 'hang em on high' sort of person but at least make it quick and painless.

Sad story all round.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We had a spate of people jumping in front of trains here a few years ago. Very selfish too. The drivers and passengers must have suffered severe mental issues.
Why couldn't he have just locked himself in a fummy garage.?
If a train driver is unlucky enough to have 2 jumpers in his job driving the train he is put out to grass.

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
Gotta say Jim I find your attitude a bit un-Jim. I would only ever wish pain on someone who hurts children or animals. I am a 'hang em on high' sort of person but at least make it quick and painless.

Sad story all round.

Hmmm - I'm with Jim. I can't change my sentiment on someone's 18th birthday. I agree - lock people away for ever who do very bad things, but should apply whether victim is 8, 28 or 88....

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Lets face it, IF you gotta do it what's wrong with the concrete road furniture?. They still hit them even with Armco round them. Without committing hara kirri

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hmmm - I'm with Jim. I can't change my sentiment on someone's 18th birthday. I agree - lock people away for ever who do very bad things, but should apply whether victim is 8, 28 or 88....
Or bring the death penalty back?. 90pence bullet. Verses over 40 grand a year at the last count. In my view no contest.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
This thoughtless, selfish bastard must have died instantly. Hope the wagon driver survives to live hopefully a near normal life.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
This thoughtless, selfish bastard must have died instantly. Hope the wagon driver survives to live hopefully a near normal life.
Totally agree. Unfortunately the wagon drivers life, given the trauma of the incident, is unlikely to ever be the same.

Toby28

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
Pembrokeshire. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
This is a sad story, you have two people dead and one seriously injured.
While I do not in anyway condone what he did by driving into another vehicle I can't believe that some are wishing 'Lots of pain' onto another human being whatever the circumstances.
Surely there is enough pain in suffering in the world without wishing more.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just maybe, he had too much on his mind, if he had previously killed his wife and in his torment was just driving on the wrong side of the road, not a suicide, but an accident. :unsure:

Maybe he just found his wife, who'd been murdered by a one-armed man who he was chasing when he crashed. :unsure:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We don't know what went on before... Maybe his wife had spent years abusing HIM, threatening HIS life, holding a knife to his throat when he was in bed, raping him, starving him, locking him in cupboards... and he just snapped and didn't even realise he was driving into a lorry. Life is rubbish for some people behind closed doors and it may sound like a ridiculous scenario.. but it's what some live with everyday and no escape for one reason or another.

Please can we wait for the facts to come out before we judge this tragedy.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Maybe he just found his wife, who'd been murdered by a one-armed man who he was chasing when he crashed. :unsure:
I am not condoning his actions, just another possible explanation,. It really needs a statement from the lorry driver to confirm the possibility of suicide.
If it was on a straight road, I can understand the suicide explanation, if rounding a bend, then there is a possibility of being on the wrong side of the road in error.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am not condoning his actions, just another possible explanation,. It really needs a statement from the lorry driver to confirm the possibility of suicide.

I was just being silly. The one armed man was from the Fugitive :D

I've said all along IF it was Murder-Suicide.. But as you say there might be much more to it. But as it stands, he has no sympathy from me

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We don't know what went on before... Maybe his wife had spent years abusing HIM, threatening HIS life, holding a knife to his throat when he was in bed, raping him, starving him, locking him in cupboards... and he just snapped and didn't even realise he was driving into a lorry. Life is rubbish for some people behind closed doors and it may sound like a ridiculous scenario.. but it's what some live with everyday and no escape for one reason or another.

Please can we wait for the facts to come out before we judge this tragedy.
That scenario if far to close to home, It was happening (not obviously anywhere near as theatrical) to one of our Doctors. Not too many years nor very far away. He had, had years of an abusive relationship until his sons left home. After which he upped and left. He sadly died under the knife during a simple operation some years later. His patients raised enough money in his memory to fund several Defibrillators.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I was just being silly. The one armed man was from the Fugitive :D

I've said all along IF it was Murder-Suicide.. But as you say there might be much more to it. But as it stands, he has no sympathy from me
Yes, I realised where the one armed man was from, the original fugitive was on TV in the 60, s, it ran forever, rather like the fugitive himself.
The report states that the authorities, only believe it was suicide. It also states on another report that he was driving on the wrong side of the motorway, not just on the wrong side of the road. Other vehicles must have seen him. Fortunately the ruck driver, although badly injured is alive and in hospital. No doubt he will have a story to tell.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
, It was happening (not obviously anywhere near as theatrical) to one of our Doctors. Not too many years nor very far away. He had, had years of an abusive relationship until his sons left home. After which he upped and left. He sadly died under the knife during a simple opertion some years later.
That scenario if far to close to home

I know. . I have someone very close to me (woman abused). She would have been done for murder had she killed him whilst he was asleep... But it was the only time she stood a chance to stop the abuse.... but she didn't, likewise to your friend because of a child.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
I am watching a story of long term abuse unfold and it is very, very close to home, its an awful thing to discover. Evil has many faces and abuse can suddenly come to a head in an eruption of pent up suffering, very difficult to imagine to normal people. Whatever this guy went through though, the gap between his wife's death and his apparant suicide is the peak of that evil, it succeeded didn't it.
A bloody awful end of his existence and very sad , but the lorry driver is the next phase. It will have probably ruined his life in many ways and the evil will move on.
It has sat on my shoulder of late I am ashamed to say, but I just about steered clear and didn't let it in thankfully. Evil seems to be becoming its own pandemic at the moment, we need to see that I think.
Mind you, I pretty much agree with Jim.

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Just maybe, he had too much on his mind, if he had previously killed his wife and in his torment was just driving on the wrong side of the road, not a suicide, but an accident. :unsure:

We've all been there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back