LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Why do people think it is acceptable to turn up at a beautiful Loch and p**s and s**t on the shore line.

It does make me wonder.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Makes you wonder who these people are. Also when you walk into a toilet cubicle and there's p**s and s**t everywhere. They walk amongst us!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've just been for a walk along a river in Swansea, absolutely stunning, wide, deep pools, narrow bits with rapids, large sandbanks, islands, sweeping corners and junk. Litter everywhere, a zillion Stella cans, fast food wrappings, furniture of varying descriptions. So sad that it's not appreciated by the plebs that litter it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You only have to listen to the poor unfortunates who have been victimised by the litter Police for "only dropping a fag end" to realise it is probably too late to drag public behaviour back to an acceptable level.

Every time we return to Britain we are horrified by the amount of litter on the roadside. God alone knows what foreign visitors make of us.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We stopped over In a picnic area in south Wales when we were on our way down to Pembrey . We have often stopped there for a picnic but never over night . I was disgusted to see rubbish every where took a few pics .
IMG_20170919_192748.jpg
IMG_20170919_192850.jpg
IMG_20170919_192828.jpg
IMG_20170919_192844.jpg
IMG_20170919_193334.jpg

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We walk the dog in a beautiful country park nearby which is situated next to a small industrial estate. Foreign lorry drivers often park up overnight and, just like the bears, they sh*t in the woods. Disgusting!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just been for a walk along a river in Swansea, absolutely stunning, wide, deep pools, narrow bits with rapids, large sandbanks, islands, sweeping corners and junk. Litter everywhere, a zillion Stella cans, fast food wrappings, furniture of varying descriptions. So sad that it's not appreciated by the plebs that litter it.
Wow ... you've been back to Wales! :Eeek: I thought you'd been permanently evicted from there! :rolleyes:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Went out on a bike ride with my son yesterday and on the way back we went down a lane I have not been down for years.

The local council as usual have rolled over and let travellers set up in a field (they now take up about three fields).
In the ditch outside were hundreds of empty bottles and bread bags full of rubbish..
I bet they throw them out as they drive away, No doubt they blame someone else....

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
right by the waters edge would be disgusting, but just where do people go

walkers on the west highland way are not going to be inundated with toilet options

lorry drivers and other road users have my sympathy, just finding somewhere to park is hard enough, find a a parking option complete with a loo would be longer odds than a lottery win o_O

yet another of the joys of motorhome ownership :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We walk the dog in a beautiful country park nearby which is situated next to a small industrial estate. Foreign lorry drivers often park up overnight and, just like the bears, they sh*t in the woods. Disgusting!
No it isn't. It's perfectly natural.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Walkers should carry a small trowel and dig a hole for the poo and put the paper into a resealable bag and take it with them until they find a bin. It's not too hard to do is it?

There is a book "How to sh1t in the woods"!!!!

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
A motorhome drove off in whitby leaving litter all over, we decided to clear it up as this is the sort of action that gets us a bad name and banned.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
--
there would appear to be a section of society,who delight in littering,i have seen it so often now that i am convinced that in their sick minds ,they are getting some sort of a kick out of "throwing their waste out the window".
society has gone soft, there would appear to be no existing deterrent that will stop these people.
at home the local council closed the motorhome aires- because they (the council)chose not to take on the outdoor drinkers and literers.
i do wonder if there exists in the uk -someplace -anywhere -where the local community has taken back their area??
Rant over -feel better now!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
IT amazed me at the motorway service stations on the continent, the number of men p***ing at the edge of the car park....the toilets were just a few steps away!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
IT amazed me at the motorway service stations on the continent, the number of men p***ing at the edge of the car park....the toilets were just a few steps away!

I had that last year on a saturday afternoon parked in a pleasant aire de repos in France & a Ferrari pulled up , driver got out climbed over barrier & had a p***. Toilets 20m away.

Reactions: DBK
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
sadly one of our lasting memories from our last trip will be of the huge amount of human waste we came across in laybys right through Europe and Scandanavia, we learnt not to stop in a layby that didn't have a loo, truly disgusting, I suspect it must be similar here but we have never seen so much before

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You're so right, plus the urine they seem to fill empty coke bottle with and simply throw the entire bottle in the ditches!!!!

It baffles me completely, in the last layby I saw them in, they could have emptied the contents and easily disposed of the bottles in the bin that wasn't 5 feet away from where they discard them under the bushes:(

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Because it's perfectly normal in Europe. Many countries used to have open air toilets in towns in ancient times.

Brits are very prudish.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
....what no doggy poo bags hanging on the trees for decoration? Or under the bushes? Lots of dirty habits out there.

Please will councils put litter bins in laybys .. only so much rubbish lorry drivers can carry with them .. :(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
All fauna, including dreaded humans, have been weeing and pooing on the surface of the planet for thousands of years.

Nature deals with it...

It's the millions of tons of concrete and tarmacadam, plastic and coal mines etc that do the real damage.

Just saying

JJ :cool:

Agree Jj .. re the poop etc ... why put dog poo in a plastic bag and hang it on a tree or under it? Why not flick it under a bush to let Nature deal with it ... but re other litter we need to push councils for litter bins .. quick email every time we are in a place that needs one only takes minutes and MIGHT work. Might.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Walkers should carry a small trowel and dig a hole for the poo and put the paper into a resealable bag and take it with them until they find a bin. It's not too hard to do is it?

There is a book "How to sh1t in the woods"!!!!
Well I for one ain't burying someone else's turds while out for a walk. :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back