Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (5 Viewers)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Another great evening at Twin Lakes with the Chinese Raffle. One of the young single ladies won a ' Sculp yourself a boyfriend'. It was obviously meant to be.
Thank you to Garry for donating the final prize, an envelope with 50E in it. And thank you all for making it a great evening and raising over 100E for the Air Ambulance.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Many thanks to Graham & Jean and all their helpers for a fantastic few days at Twin Lakes - our 2nd visit in 2 years - despite the inclement weather Funsters ability to enjoy themselves shone through every day with a great varied programme well supported by all. Was great to meet old friends again and make many more new ones. Next year's dates are in the diary!
Ps found blue sky and sun at St Jean D Angely :) Dave & Viv x

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Does the €3 per person for Nevilles quiz go to the Air Ambulance?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Tried to get around everyone to say ta ra this afternoon missed a few so ta ra to those we didn't get to see, special thanks to Graham and Jean for all their efforts, Dirk for the Music quiz (sorry I missed tonight's)! Ronald for his loud voice, boules, hog roast and general nice demeanour, Belinda for stopping him cheating at pool, Gary for letting us use his vehicles and his generally don't worry attitude, Shamus and Missus for being so laid back he's practically asleep, Roger for beating me at pool, all the funsters for making it a fun meet especially me old muckers Ken, Lynda, Ron and Jeanette for quizzes and pisses!! And all round comeraderie, for Dave and especially Sandra who has triumphed over adversity and demonstrated there is life after two new hips (proud of you San) and if I've missed anyone sorry and see you soon! Loved it

Simon and Marg

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry that our plans have changed and we've headed for the sunshine so will miss this meet. Hopefully next year we will get to you. X

Reactions: JaG

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We could have done with you on the three song titles tonight Simon, we were pipped at the post by Ronalds team combined with Ali & Tim and Julie. Another cracking evening but very nippy tonight here at Soumeras. (y)

Forgot to mention our team was made up of Dave & San and Ron & Jeanette. Well done guys.

Thanks again to Garry for providing the leg of pork and to Ron & Belinda for serving up the delicious food and providing the impromptu sweet.

Also congrats to Mo on her %%th birthday and sharing her gooy cake with everyone present.

Finally congrats to our quizmaster Dirk on his birthday and a big thank you to him for a great quiz once again.

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Thanks for the few days Graham, @JaG it was lovely being there again.... I gave my fees to @canopus as you were out so I'm sure you got them ok.... and thank you Lynda (I think(n)) you made us welcome..(y):)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Graham and Jean @JaG for a lovely couple of days, and sorry that we left a couple of days early. We decided to head south to find the sun with the @Mousy s.

As usual we had a good time and even won Neville's quiz with @Ali n Tim and Garry @Smith and Sharp ! Hope the sun shines for the remainder of the rally. :)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
On the boat tonight - plan to arrive at Twin Lakes on Wednesday for a couple of nights :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The MHF meet ends officially this coming Wednesday (20th), however there are one or two who are staying on a little longer.

Reactions: JaG
Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just to say thanks again to @JaG for hosting this meet, we have really enjoyed our first trip abroad in the motorhome.
Cost €34 for the vets with us supplying the tablets but the vet gave Holly a proper examination, teeth, pointy thing down ears (technical term) thermometer up rear end (Holly not amused)
Now on a nice Aire in Roullet with Tommy, sorry don't know his forum name.
Just a warning, we couldn't get on to the N10 due to the slip road being closed because of road works, had to throw a left a few hundred yards further on, follow signposts to Angouleme and join N10 a few miles further on. @canopus

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks to Graham and Jean for a pleasant few days at twin lakes. A pity the sun did not shine for too long. Nice to meet up with fellow funsters even for a short time. Trust Dave and Sandra enjoy their travels home. Xxx

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks also to Graham & Jean we had a great time despite the rain. Sods Law its now sunny and we are on the road. We also couldn't join the N10 to head north at Montlieu la Garde so had to hang a left a bit further on and then head in a generally northern direction until we picked up the N10 further up just below Barbezieux-St-Hilaire.

Now on the private Aire (Bois du Chaudron) at Ste Maure-de-Touraine. Need to get a few miles under our belt tomorrow in order to meet the Vets appointment in Rue on Friday. We have done a shop and filled up hopefully, we can get a flier in the morning.

Thanks one and all for a very memorable meet.

Ken, Lynda & Jess

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
IMG_0123.JPG
Now on an Aire at Pont du L'arche a few miles outside Rouen right on the bank of the Seine, going to stay here till Friday then make for Cite Europe.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
In camping essi on ile de re met Peter c 10 at les Amis but went a bit further in (nothing to do with Peter) wanted a bit " rougher" so went to Essi just had a beer or two with @ShiftZZ small world!

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Thank you @JaG and Ken/Lynda although we only managed to bring you the sunshine for the last couple of days we really enjoyed the smashing site and the our neighbours :) Thanks again.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just had a stroll round Pont de l'Arche with the dog and what a beautiful olde worlde town it is. Going to have a real explore tomorrow.
Would you believe it there is a vets 50 yards up the road, could have got Holly done here.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to Graham & Jean @JaG for organising this meet :) We were late arriving but had a really good time despite the rain and hailstones:Eeek: The last couple of days were better so we were able to meet up with old and new friends @Dazzlin @canopus @roncab (sorry we didn't get to say goodbye) @Kevan :cheers::wine:etc.
Now on the Aire in Blaye and had a walk round the Citadel. Heading to Contis Plage tomorrow continuing south:RollEyes:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Only popped in for a couple of days on our way South - 1st time at a funsters meet or rally big thank you to Graham for "showing me the ropes" and welcoming us to the meet - nice to meet some friendly fellow funsters - off South tomorrow plan to stop at Moissac for a couple of days then have 3 weeks wandering around between Avignon & Beziers :)

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 187148 Now on an Aire at Pont du L'arche a few miles outside Rouen right on the bank of the Seine, going to stay here till Friday then make for Cite Europe.
Lovely to see your van on a french aire and glad you and Sandra have enjoyed your first french trip ,hopefully we will be there next year!!

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
This was our first too and had a great time Thankyou Graham and Jean. Ken and Linda and everyone else we met and hopie to meet again. Thanks to Roger for helping me fish in the comp. Love it so Nigel says thats my Christmas sorted!
Parked in perfect spot on Mantagne S G (thanks Ken). See everyone next year.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Well, our Twin Lakes Meet officially closed yesterday, and what a fab time we had. We loved every minute of it especially seeing everyone with smiles on their faces even though it rained almost every day. :Eeek:
Something that many may not have noticed - the clouds parted for every event we did, though it was too close for comfort after the Dog show lol.
Even more incredible was the fact that you raised 1,300 Euros for the Air Ambulance. :france::france::france::france::france::france::france::france:When we get home in November the 14kg of shrapnel will be sent away for conversion to GBP and the rest will be changed to GBP by ourselves. It will be officially presented by the end of November and will be posted here.
Thank you to @canopus, Mick and Pam and every Funster who helped make this meet such a success. :cheers:
Next year's meet is 5th to 19th September 2018, and will be advertised in late November.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
S
Just to say thanks again to @JaG for hosting this meet, we have really enjoyed our first trip abroad in the motorhome.
Cost €34 for the vets with us supplying the tablets but the vet gave Holly a proper examination, teeth, pointy thing down ears (technical term) thermometer up rear end (Holly not amused)
Now on a nice Aire in Roullet with Tommy, sorry don't know his forum name.
Just a warning, we couldn't get on to the N10 due to the slip road being closed because of road works, had to throw a left a few hundred yards further on, follow signposts to Angouleme and join N10 a few miles further on. @canopus
So pleased you both had a great time .bet you will be back in France as soon as you can @daveandsan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back