Rally Twin Lakes - France 2018 (1 Viewer)

Mike and Nic

Free Member
Dec 31, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage van conversion.
Hi there, I'm afraid we are going to cancel our trip to Twin Lakes as my wife is waiting for medical treatment and we dont know when the date will be
Regards
Mike and Nic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi there, I'm afraid we are going to cancel our trip to Twin Lakes as my wife is waiting for medical treatment and we dont know when the date will be
Regards
Mike and Nic
Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything goes OK for your wife. There is always next year.

Orangefield

Free Member
Oct 25, 2017
Wednesbury West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A class
Exp
Hi guys,
My wife and I are having to pull the plug on our visit to Twin Lakes this year due to family business matter. It is something we were looking forward to, but unfortunately we have to withdraw from the meet.
We wish all of you a great time and maybe we can join you next year.

Best wishes Keith and Hilary (Orangefield)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi guys,
My wife and I are having to pull the plug on our visit to Twin Lakes this year due to family business matter. It is something we were looking forward to, but unfortunately we have to withdraw from the meet.
We wish all of you a great time and maybe we can join you next year.

Best wishes Keith and Hilary (Orangefield)
Thanks for letting us know. What a shame you cannot make it this year. Hopefully another time perhaps. twin lakes is a good site to visit if you are passing that way at any time.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi @JaG . Just to let you know we'll not be arriving until late Thursday 6th or sometime Friday 7th, but will still stay 7 nights (or maybe more - we'll see). What would you consider the latest time of arrival reasonable?
Thanks

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @JaG . Just to let you know we'll not be arriving until late Thursday 6th or sometime Friday 7th, but will still stay 7 nights (or maybe more - we'll see). What would you consider the latest time of arrival reasonable?
Thanks
Time of arrival is no problem up until just before darkness so we can pitch you up. I will alter your arrival dates and you are welcome to stay as long a you wish.
See you there. :france:

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi guys. Just to let you know that I finally worked out how to respond! Yes, I'll be there. I'm arriving in Caen lunch time Monday 3 September (on my own this year) so would be great to find someone doing the same trip so I can follow you!!!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi guys. Just to let you know that I finally worked out how to respond! Yes, I'll be there. I'm arriving in Caen lunch time Monday 3 September (on my own this year) so would be great to find someone doing the same trip so I can follow you!!!
Look forward to seeing you there. :france:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years

Race you

we arrive at Calais around 6am on the 3rd but we will be in our car not motorhome as we are going to our Static on site we love Twin Lakes so much

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Well ... I hesitate to say this ... we may well be in the area ... and may call in for a few days. Hope OK!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Well ... I hesitate to say this ... we may well be in the area ... and may call in for a few days. Hope OK!
Well...here's hoping all works out and you can make it. Be good to see you again. :france:.
As per normal you are welcome to stay as long as you wish. :cheers:

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Race you

we arrive at Calais around 6am on the 3rd but we will be in our car not motorhome as we are going to our Static on site we love Twin Lakes so much
Race you! You're funny. How many overnighters you doing and which area are you stopping?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're crossing Tuesday evening, stopping at Citie Europe then taking 2 maybe 3 days to travel down. We don't rush anywhere. You're welcome to travel with us if you wish.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Is it possible to just drop in and see if there is availability? (At this stage we havent a clue where we'll be at any specific time, just that the "plan" is to be heading down towards the Spanish border within the first 2 weeks of Sept.)
Thanks

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
We're crossing Tuesday evening, stopping at Citie Europe then taking 2 maybe 3 days to travel down. We don't rush anywhere. You're welcome to travel with us if you wish.
Thanks TerryL but my plan ATM is to arrive at Twin Lakes on 5 September. I'm booked on the 08.15 out of Portsmouth to Caen on 3 September so probably stop at the Nozay Aire between Rene and Nantes on 3rd then another stop (don't know where yet) on the 4th then to Twin Lakes for the 5th. If anyone else is doing this journey I would certainly appreciate being able to tag along. See you there, hope you have a good trip.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@New Dawn no worries, have a safe trip and see you there.

Is it possible to just drop in and see if there is availability? (At this stage we havent a clue where we'll be at any specific time, just that the "plan" is to be heading down towards the Spanish border within the first 2 weeks of Sept.)
Thanks

Whilst I'm posting on this thread @sciac2001 @JaG will be along later but there's plenty of room so there shouldn't be any problem with that. Hope to see you there.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks
Loads of room. You are welcome anytime.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Lovely thanks. As I say, family circumstances might demand that we run through France as quickly as possible but if not, hopefully we will call in. (We spent some time with you all a couple of years back. (Loved it!)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Request for Meet. Not long now....only 20 sleeps. :welc:
Does anyone coming have a karaoke setup we could use on the Fancy Dress evening, or know of how I get something for the laptop to use.
Also, if anyone fancies bringing a lump of some sort of cheese it will all help for the cheese and wine Welcome Evening. :notworthy2:
We will be bringing a supply of wine of course. :wine:
Thanks

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
@JaG If we choose to stay on day's either side of the meet would the daily rate be the same as for the meet, or as stated in your price list. Just wandering as we may have the opportunity to stay longer.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
@JaG If we choose to stay on day's either side of the meet would the daily rate be the same as for the meet, or as stated in your price list. Just wandering as we may have the opportunity to stay longer.
That is something you would have to ask the owner at the time however, those that stayed last year did get a favourable rate. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back