Trouble connecting with Huawei mifi - SOLVED! (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
In Tunisia at the moment, so took the trusty Huawei mifi to allow our ipads and iphones to acces t’internet and use whatsapp for free text and phone calls to family and friends.
Went to a local phone shop with mifi and iphone, got a sim and tried to connect. i was there an hour and it just WOULD NOT connect.
Each time I tried to set up the profile it wouldnt save it. The SIM worked fine in the shop owner’s Samsung Galaxy.
I gave up and went back to the hotel thinking I would start a thread on MHF because somebody would know what was wrong.
Before I did that though Intried connecting with my iPad and it connected forst time with the settings 8 had tried numerous times in the shop!
The problem seems to be a bug in the EE app on the iphone that came with the mifi and which I use to connect.
So, if you are struggling to connect with an iPhone, use something else!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why are you using an app to connect to the MiFi signal.
You just search for the MiFi signal and connect via your phones WiFi screen entering the MiFi password.
Just connected this way to mine....Took 3 seconds.

Or is this another iPhone quirk that makes buying one a waste of time

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Iphone..... Pffffft.
Just found Huawei phone - great.
All the best to Gwen.....
Yep... Better than Apple.

Huawei has deployed its products and services in more than 170 countries, and as of 2011 it served 45 of the 50 largest telecomsoperators.
Huawei overtook Ericsson in 2012 as the largest telecommunications-equipment manufacturer in the world, and overtook Apple in 2018 as the second-largest manufacturer of smartphones in the world, behind Samsung Electronics.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Bigger than Apple, but, Is bigger better? I like my Huawei mifi, but would never have an android phone.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
but, Is bigger better?

only in a willy waving contest .. ;)

Android user >>

tenor.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Why are you using an app to connect to the MiFi signal.
You just search for the MiFi signal and connect via your phones WiFi screen entering the MiFi password.
Just connected this way to mine....Took 3 seconds.

Or is this another iPhone quirk that makes buying one a waste of time
It was my first time with the mifi in Tunisia so I had to go through the set up process to get it connect to the Ooredoo network. THAT was the process that I couldnt complete on the iPhone, but which worked first time on the iPad.
Once the setup process was complete the iphone connects OK.
Nothing to do with the iPhone itself, its the crap set up software supplied by EE who I bought the mifi from originally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back