Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013

What is MiFi?​

1638936744064.png
MiFi devices are small, wireless devices that let multiple users and mobile devices share a mobile broadband internet connection.

Most networks and some broadband providers sell MiFi devices on a monthly contract or a pay as you go basis, so you can pick a plan to suit your needs. If you’re going abroad in your motorhome you can a lot of money on data charges by purchasing a local data sim to fit into the Mifi.

Feb 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift 694

What is MiFi?​

View attachment 564140MiFi devices are small, wireless devices that let multiple users and mobile devices share a mobile broadband internet connection.

Most networks and some broadband providers sell MiFi devices on a monthly contract or a pay as you go basis, so you can pick a plan to suit your needs. If you’re going abroad in your motorhome you can a lot of money on data charges by purchasing a local data sim to fit into the Mifi.
That explains a lot! Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2021
Thame UK
Funster No
MH
boxer compass 140
Exp
A newbie solo
Has any one tried the Falcon multi 4g router have the chance off a unused one thanks

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I've had a mifi for years and used a 3 "Internet With Legs" sim in it very successfully. The only niggle I had was I seemed to lose data even when I wasn't using it so had to remember to switch it off when not in use.
But I've recently found that I can do better cost-wise using my smartphone as a hotspot and adjusting my data plan to meet my requirements.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks for reminding me, I found a spare MiMo puck type antennae for a Mifi or router in the shed yesterday. Must give it a clean and advertise it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back