Travel inside Spain - warning (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The new State of Emergency declared in Spain permits regional authorities to ban travel between regions, see BBC

MHomers intending to cross regional boundaries will need to check.

Geoff

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
The new State of Emergency declared in Spain permits regional authorities to ban travel between regions, see BBC

Geoff

The BBC needs to get its fact right, The Government want to avoid a lockdown such as they did at the start of the Pandemic and wish to keep passage between regions other than those already in lockdown because of a heavy amount of Covid cases.
They have altered the Curfew now 11.00pm to 6.00am and this can and may vary between regions at their own will.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The BBC needs to get its fact right, The Government want to avoid a lockdown such as they did at the start of the Pandemic and wish to keep passage between regions other than those already in lockdown because of a heavy amount of Covid cases.
They have altered the Curfew now 11.00pm to 6.00am and this can and may vary between regions at their own will.

The BBC piece says

"Under the emergency measures, local authorities can also ban travel between regions, Mr Sánchez said."

So what did the BBC get wrong?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
The news is really to state that the central government is further delegating the decision making to local leaders and imposing a curfew from 11.00 to 06.00.

The BBC also forgot to mention that the curfew can be modified by local leaders - in my region it will be 00.00 to 06.00; plus, most regions currently permit travel and the infection curve seems to be flattening - possible green shoots of good news.

As mentioned, it would be wise to check before travelling; however, local leaders are keen to keep / be open - NB where areas such as Zaragoza are closed you can still traverse these areas to reach desired destinations

I hope that helps.

Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea P65
Exp
Since 2018
Some regions of Spain have introduced ”perimeter lockdowns” effectively prohibiting travel into or out of that region for non essential travel. The Guardi Civil say this means you can still transit through such a region if you are (and can prove) you are heading for your home residence eg: To Bilbao and the ferry beacause you reside in England But not the other way just because you want to spend winter in the sun on say the Costas. The situation is changing all the time across not just Spain but the world.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Some regions of Spain have introduced ”perimeter lockdowns” effectively prohibiting travel into or out of that region for non essential travel. The Guardi Civil say this means you can still transit through such a region if you are (and can prove) you are heading for your home residence eg: To Bilbao and the ferry beacause you reside in England But not the other way just because you want to spend winter in the sun on say the Costas. The situation is changing all the time across not just Spain but the world.
You just have to plan a route around them.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I read this morning44 towns and cities sealed off. Pedro Sanchez asking government to sanction a State of Emergency across the country until May 9th. Spaniards to stay at home as much as possible. 1 million infections since the start of the outbreak. Sounds ideal.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I read this morning44 towns and cities sealed off. Pedro Sanchez asking government to sanction a State of Emergency across the country until May 9th. Spaniards to stay at home as much as possible. 1 million infections since the start of the outbreak. Sounds ideal.
Sounds very much like the UK to me and many other countries.BUSBY.

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
France is doing even worse in terms of numbers of infections:
France 1.4m & currently 602 per 100k
Spain 1.04m & currently 394 per 100k
UK 873k & currently 405 per 100k.

Though of course, those are the total infection numbers since the start of the pandemic - I believe the greatest proportion have recovered in all these countries.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Though of course, those are the total infection numbers since the start of the pandemic - I believe the greatest proportion have recovered in all these countries.
The more testing the more will be found..BUSBY.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

And lets not lose sight of the fact that even these "terrible " figures are less than 1%

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
This is all getting so confusing isnt it? Basically, can we get down to the Costa using the old roads in December? That's what concerns me
As it currently stands yes.

Check UK/ Spain gov websites, el pais (News website) & N332 (Facebook page) as initial sources of information updates in the interim.

Listen to people who are actually there (in Spain), on route to Spain (or who have just done it); or, who live in the region of Spain where you are heading - rather than the man in the pub/Google/ and ‘I heard’ or ‘read’ (where you can’t verify the source; as it’s most probably likely to be just noise)

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
This is all getting so confusing isnt it? Basically, can we get down to the Costa using the old roads in December? That's what concerns me
I started a thread in the Spain section here

asking for info from people with actual first hand experience of travel through Spain atm.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Geoff

Please see the thread I started

It is NOT a state of emergency but a 'state of alarm' which is substantially different

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
This is the headline tonight : here’s a link: https://inews.co.uk/author/jaymi-mccann
Curfew imposed in Spain as national state of emergency declared over soar in virus cases

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said the decision to restrict free movement on the streets of Spain between 11pm and 6am will last until May

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
This is the headline tonight : here’s a link: https://inews.co.uk/author/jaymi-mccann
Curfew imposed in Spain as national state of emergency declared over soar in virus cases

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said the decision to restrict free movement on the streets of Spain between 11pm and 6am will last until May
It's a bit out of date being yesterday afternoons report ?

1 million infections since the start of the outbreak. Sounds ideal.

France has also now surpassed 1million & passed spains total as well.

Nothing has changed yet as the state of alarm is for 15 days at the moment & hasn't been voted on to extend to the full 6 months.+ any type of closures will be done by individual regions as required & if necessary.

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
I have just (yesterday) come from Spain back into France. I did it at Irun/Hendaye and there was no sign of any check, but I had read online that the Spanish province of Navarra was "closed" as described above. However there is about 10km of Spain/France border from the coast inland before it hits Navarra. So as things stand, even if it is true that entering Navarra is not allowed, you can still drive the Basque coast road in.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Please always remember the victor writes history and statisticians use truth to tell lies effectively.
Look at the 1918 pandemic progress and waves, the worse is like yet to come if the pattern is repeated.
Use your own good judgement not the BBC brainwashing system.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Please read what I said - I read (the prime minister) is asking the government to sanction a State of Emergency. Really appreciate it if you put it into context.

Sorry,,, burt I can only take the context as presented.. A comment on other posts.. There is nothing else indicated as to what context you speak ?

Bottom line is, its all semantics anyways.. So if you believe I took your post the wrong way I am sorry..
I am reporting what the Spanish are doing / saying, not what some jorno looking for a headline has written..

As a by the by here is what a state of alarm means:

What is the state of alarm? Under the Spanish Constitution, once it has been activated the government can:

1. Limit the circulation or presence of people or vehicles at determined times or in determined places, or oblige them to comply with certain requirements.
  2. Temporarily requisition all kinds of assets and impose mandatory services.
  3. Temporarily take over and occupy industries, factories, workshops, operations or commercial premises of any kind, with the exception of private households, informing the relevant ministry of such actions.
  4. Limit or ration the use of services or the consumption of essential items.
  5. Issue the necessary orders to ensure supply for the markets and the functioning of the services of production affected by article (4).
What’s more, the state of alarm works in a similar way to Article 155 of the Constitution, which allows the central government to suspend a region’s devolved powers. All civil authorities, regional and local police forces and other civil servants are placed under the orders of the competent authority as per the decree. The central government is able to require “extraordinary services,” according to the law.

The government can implement a state of alarm should there be “serious alterations to normality.” Among the cited situations is a health crisis such as an epidemic, although the coronavirus situation has now been classed as a pandemic.

The conditions for a state of alarm are:

1. Catastrophes, disasters or public misfortunes, such as earthquakes, floods, urban or forest fires and major accidents.
  2. Health crises, such as epidemics and situations of serious contamination.
  3. The paralyzation of essential public services for the community [...].
  4. Situations of shortages of essential items.
The first and only time that a state of alarm was declared since Spain returned to democracy in the late 1970s was in 2010, when air-traffic controllers staged a wildcat strike, causing travel chaos

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back