Apr 24, 2017
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europia NG5
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all

I have looked at the above at the Newbury show and spoke to Jim who recommended the endless Breeze. Just wondered what others think. we are traveling to Spain for 4 weeks and need some form of cooling in the back while traveling as well as when we are parked up overnight so don't have to have windows open.

Thanks

Tracey, Martin & Archie

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Transcool,is useless, sit directly in front full of ice and it may cool u down,but that's all,
Endless breeze,I haven't tried,but here in Spain with transcool u will roast

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's another one that some others like too which I think is sold by RoadPro for about £35, personally I've had an Endless Breeze and found it too noisy to leave on overnight so sold it.

https://www.outdoorbits.com/endless-breeze-fan-p-78.html

IMV the Transcool is overpriced for what is basically a fan blowing air which is cooled by water/ice in a tray I believe, so if I had to get one I'd go for the RoadPro one:

Amazon product ASIN B00KJGRLJI
There is also this:

Amazon product ASIN B00LX7C0NO

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Endless Breeze every time. You do need to create air flow though so windows or vents need to be open at either end of the van as a minimum.

Any kind of evaporative chiller (which is what Transcool is) is a waste of time. They didn't work 25 years ago and they don't work now. Their only selling point was, and I assume still is, that they're cheaper than real aircon.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We love our Endless Breeze despite it being rickety, quite noisy and looks like it was built in whatever the Americans call a garden shed. It really works!

p-c

Free Member
Sep 13, 2013
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40 years
Hi
I am very pleased with the endless breeze, not too noisy on the lower setting. We often rest it in front of the kitchen window when cooking, as an extractor.
Overnight I use a couple of USB fans, about 6" diameter, I think, fitted at the foot end of the bed they just move enough air. Rigged to switches at the headend of the bed to easily turn off.
Regards
p-c
PS. A bit like this found on google
https://nextdaycomponents.co.uk/sho...MI7OPe0qKU2wIVTUkZCh0JwghiEAkYASABEgJ8hfD_BwE

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Aircon is better

Real aircon is better without a doubt.

Nobody should ever make the mistake though of believing that Transcool, or anything similar, is in any way shape or form air conditioning no matter what they claim.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We love our Endless Breeze despite it being rickety, quite noisy and looks like it was built in whatever the Americans call a garden shed. It really works!
Agree entirely - looks and feels a bit rickety and appears it might have come from the 1960s - but it does indeed work very well.

Not too noisy to use overnight on the lowest setting.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
For travelling open the rear of a rooflight to its lowest position - you won't believe the difference in airflow through the van. In cold weather it also vastly improves the van heater. Stationary I wouldn't be without the Omnivent. Set to move air out of the van and with a couple of windows open it shifts a lot of heat.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Load of wossies, we moan about the cold so go to a hot country and moan about the heat.......

Feel the pain, take the heat and man up....

Or go to Scotland.....:D2

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I think the endless breeze has been discontinued. We have the PK Green one which we used for the first time last week. Normal amount of noise and worked well with the air flow coming from a few turns opening the Omnivent.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Endlessbreeze should come supplied with ear defenders and bolts to fix it to the floor or worktop , heap of expensive crap

Sold it and we now use a 12inch desk fan running from a small inverter.. plenty of air flow, almost silent, oscillates .. circa £15

Fan war erupts :LOL:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
in my old ambulace it has a fan built in the roof , blows in or out, blow you out of the van if you dont hold on(y):)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Endlessbreeze should come supplied with ear defenders and bolts to fix it to the floor or worktop , heap of expensive crap

Your experience, I know they did have a batch of out of balance ones and I think you may have had one of those. The current ones are quiet, especially so on speeds one and two where frankly I don't understand how it can shift so much air so quietly using so little leccy. Expensive, yes. crap? Certainly not, rather its superb.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Having had a good look I think Transcool is a product Arthur Daley might be trying to flog on some market. L

It's based on a very old idea. Real air-conditioning is expensive so somebody came up with the idea of "evaporative cooling" as a cheap alternative, the concept being that the fan blows air over ice or cold water or whatever which gives a cooling effect. It may do if you replace the ice every 5 minutes and sit right in front of the fan but that's about it.

About 20 years ago or so the idea was pushed hard as a viable alternative for homes and offices and a lot of people fell for it because it was cheap. There were an awful lot of units ending up in the skip pretty quickly.

Transcool is just some enterprising person miniaturising the kit, doing some fancy marketing and punting out to the motorhome and boating community in the same way - you don't need aircon, our miracle device will do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. Needless to say it will do nothing of the sort, the concept isn't any better now than it was 20 years ago.

I'm quite surprised so many people are falling for it this time round actually.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We have sold loads of Endless Breeze fans over the years, and never had a single issue

We did have two from our very last delivery, that people complained about (I suspect having read about the issue on Fun) (Munchenshausen Vibration by Proxy lol)

The “ Vibration” was so severe we issued a refund immediately and sold them straight on to the next people in the queue lol

We personally have two and use them every Summer, one on the floor for Shadow our dog, and one for us.

We also have four thermostatically controlled Fantastic Fan roof vents, and twin Air Con, but we tend to use the Endless Breeze more.

I think CLS still have some and I would 100% recommend anyone to get one

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Your experience, I know they did have a batch of out of balance ones and I think you may have had one of those. The current ones are quiet, especially so on speeds one and two where frankly I don't understand how it can shift so much air so quietly using so little leccy. Expensive, yes. crap? Certainly not, rather its superb.

Not just me who thinks this.. a lot of American buyers are not overly impressed either, .. but in any case, I try to give and honest and frank review of anything I buy.. if it's good, I sing it's praises, if not I say so, and why, I don't down something just for the sake of it.

if the quality justifies expensive I'm more than happy to pay, and often do, wife is always saying she could buy such and such cheaper.. but I want quality and happy to pay the premium to have it. .. but IMV that is not the case with Endlessbreeze.. for me it was endless noise and vibration.. that's not good enough for a fan that costs circa £80 .. can't see how that can be justified, I bet they ship them from China at £20 or less

A £15 desk fan from Argos is far quieter, moves plenty of air, and draws no more current.. albeit it requires a small inverter if off EHU.. granted, that may not suit everyone

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
am i looking at the right thing £300 for a fan:Eeek:
Yes,I bought 1 few years back at Peterborough,just a fan with a ice holder,I already said,sit directly in front of it,np,but that's all,DONT BUY

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
when i worked at an electrical wholesalers we had a similar floor standing thing on trial it was ok but not much different than a normal fan but the biggest fail with it was the smell after a while , the mat thing smelt to high heaven , just couldnt stand it and it got skipped.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back