Today's the day (5 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Don't know, I could do it just to confuse folk but Jen thinks I should stay as is so will see, We have a MORELO forum and I am "PALACE polisher"

Martin aka "confused

Martin

I was going to comment on your username of 'funflair'

I think you are so widely known on different forums as 'funflair' that it would be a mistake to change on those forums, not least because you have aquired a lot of knowledge of the builds of upmarket MHs and some people might want to PM you for advice, but would have lost you with a name change.

Also, if somebody remembers a post of yours they might have difficulty tracking it.

By all means start on Morelo with a different username, because they do not know you there as funflair.

Just my opinion chum.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

I was going to comment on your username of 'funflair'

I think you are so widely known on different forums as 'funflair' that it would be a mistake to change on those forums, not least because you have aquired a lot of knowledge of the builds of upmarket MHs and some people might want to PM you for advice, but would have lost you with a name change.

Also, if somebody remembers a post of yours they might have difficulty tracking it.

By all means start on Morelo with a different username, because they do not know you there as funflair.

Just my opinion chum.

Geoff
Can’t fault your logic Geoff, it just gets a bit complicated for me, I might forget who I am ;)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So onwards and upwards, got some carpet for the garage and lockers,

F4C76132-7172-49CF-AF73-6BC590F4AE38.jpeg
513013D4-2A24-40DC-AA72-4C14B62BF30C.jpeg

Couple more to do still but getting there.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So onwards and upwards, got some carpet for the garage and lockers,

F4C76132-7172-49CF-AF73-6BC590F4AE38.jpeg
513013D4-2A24-40DC-AA72-4C14B62BF30C.jpeg

Couple more to do still but getting there.
Ooh, I do believe I recognise that choice of carpet Martin. I just can't remember from where though. :LOL:

Love the wheel trims BTW. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ooh, I do believe I recognise that choice of carpet Martin. I just can't remember from where though. :LOL:

Love the wheel trims BTW. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Its certainly very similar Jock, I might have the slightly cheaper version from Franks factory flooring. WE have something nice and plush for the interior:giggle:

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Don't know, I could do it just to confuse folk but Jen thinks I should stay as is so will see, We have a MORELO forum and I am "PALACE polisher"

Martin aka "confused

I agree with Jen😁!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So still sat on the drive and playing nicely, not even slept in it yet, well our drive slopes so I would have to use the jack to level it so that would be something else tested.

Anyway Lithium/Solar I read all the time that Lithiums are efficient at charging and will suck all the power solar can give, I have been surprised that with our 520w of solar I don't see more than 20 amps going into the batteries and this has made me question why MORELO use the Buttner PP controllers rather than the MPPT ones and I do wonder if I would get more amps with the MPPT, anyway will answer that eventually unless Michael sallylillian changes his first and lets me know;)

Anyway yesterday I put the air-conditioning on for Jen to mess around inside, left it on for a few hours and then also forgot to turn off the lights last off last night so battery capacity this morning 256ah from 320ah total, just had a look at 12 midday and it's all back to full so thats 64ah replaced which I am quite impressed with (y)

Martin

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The 20amps, is that all that the batteries need...? The controller I would of thought will determine how much to put in.... as demonstrated with the 64ah going in this morning...

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The 20amps, is that all that the batteries need...? The controller I would of thought will determine how much to put in.... as demonstrated with the 64ah going in this morning...
The 20 amps is the max I have seen so far off the controller even though I have been pulling 60 amps from the batteries to make the controllers push as much as possible, the 64 this morning is ah so cumulative.

Martin

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Don’t know where I’ve been for the last two weeks, only just caught this thread well done you two, you finally got what you wanted, well apart from all the stuff your going to change on your brand new van!:giggle: Hope you have years of happy motoring, we can now talk about your next van... the Vario:LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So the curtains, well panels or whatever they call them were pretty cheap and not really a colour that set off the rest of the decor so we thought we would have a change but can't make up our minds what colour so,
IMG_3373.jpg

And, as we couldn't afford the factory carpet we bought some at our local shop and have just finished fitting it, sore knees but only one cut that drew blood(y).

IMG_3368 2.jpg

Martin

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Just out of interest how much did they want for factory fitted carpets? Given what you will have paid ( no do not want to know) I would have asked for them thrown in or cancel the sale!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just out of interest how much did they want for factory fitted carpets? Given what you will have paid ( no do not want to know) I would have asked for them thrown in or cancel the sale!
Factory carpets €990 on the price list, would have been discount off that but it wasn’t a deal breaker in the grand scheme.

Martin

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
And if I had gone for the factory carpets I would not have some leftover to build this step so my little legs can reach the pedals without dangling in mid air :LOL:

View attachment 398053

Martin
Wanted to give you three emojis, laughter, love it & nice one.

loving the personalisation of your lovely holiday home on wheels👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looking good Martin, only just caught back up with the thread I've not been getting any alerts.

I too would query the position of the MIMO aerial it should have clear space around it to avoid signal reflections.

The main reason to buy a new van is so you can have fun doing all the mods. When we got ours while waiting 4 weeks to get it registered I worked nearly every day on it for the 4 weeks and still working on it 3 years later.:LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looking good Martin, only just caught back up with the thread I've not been getting any alerts.

I too would query the position of the MIMO aerial it should have clear space around it to avoid signal reflections.

The main reason to buy a new van is so you can have fun doing all the mods. When we got ours while waiting 4 weeks to get it registered I worked nearly every day on it for the 4 weeks and still working on it 3 years later.:LOL:
You are right Lenny its certainly occupied the last few weeks of lockdown,

Just tried the bikes and scooter for position,

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

I don't quite trust their tie down rails so will put my own stainless steel ones through the floor with penny washers underneath.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So still finding something to mess about with ;)

I wasn't convinced that the Buttner PP solar regulators were the best as they are not MPPT so I swapped one for a Votronic 430 MPP,

IMG_3425 2.jpg

Treated myself to a clamp DC ammeter,

IMG_3430.jpg

That off the Buttner PP,

IMG_3429.jpg

And that is off the Votronic(y) so just over +10% but in low sun the improvement is even greater, of course I have not based my conclusions on just one set of readings;)

I will order another Votronic when they are back in stock and the two Buttner controllers will be for sale, the price will reflect the fact that they are not quite as good as the Votronic but a good solid controller all the same.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And then for a bit more entertainment Avtex connected series smart TV and soundbar,

IMG_3431.jpg

Two days work so far and still not finished;) what you been messing about at I hear you ask? Well I decided that there was just enough room in the cupboard for the soundbar to go on the bottom of the TV and still retract, well there is but I forgot about the connectors sticking out off the back of the soundbar:LOL:

IMG_3432 3.jpg

I had to alter the bracket to push the soundbar further forward but the HDMI plug is still sticking out the back,

IMG_3436 4.jpg

And it does all get quite close:LOL:

There is a wire that pulls the lid closed once the TV is away on its lift mechanism BUT the lid hits the soundbar and it all does pear shaped before it closes so that will be another day perfecting that;)

And what I didn't mention was that I fitted an omnidirectional aerial right up in the top corner of the cupboard so that it gets a signal through the fibreglass front cap without the alloy roof skins shielding it, https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en/gb/Supergain-Ballade-AnalogueDigital-TV-Antenna/m-3346.aspx
it's only a dinky little thing but seems to work quite well on Freeview but we will have the Wi-Fi as well for catch up and TV when we are abroad.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back