LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
The boss (who hates a class vans) said the pic of the front with painted mirrors is the best a class she has seen
She said that if I bought a new one then at least I would stop doing work on it, didn't bother to tell her you already started working on it ?

Lovely van ?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
So the aforementioned 10 series fridge, freezer and gas oven on top,

View attachment 390120

View attachment 390121

And then back to the important stuff, a nicely laid out services locker with Alde boiler and service point for fluid change, water pump and drain valves all nice and warm next to the boiler.

Martin
Hi Martin,
Your pump is installed like mine. I was installing a filter in the kitchen water line and I recognised that a flood in this compartment would short the water pump. The connection of the pump is clamped to the floor of the locker where 10mm of standing water would create a problem. So I re-routed the conduit and mounted it on the back wall higher up.

Michael

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK back to proper details, the roof was pretty filthy so up there at 7 this morning before it got windy again,

IMG_3313.jpg

It looks quite sparse really and I am sure I could get some more solar up there, we have 4x130watt panels so 520w total and not even sure if we need more although I always say you can't have too much, notice it is a bit tidy with no cables as all the solar install goes into the roof, that is what persuaded me to go for their expensive panels over doing it myself, and you get the Buttner solar pro computer with hall sensor so dead easy to add more now as long as the cable passes through the sensor ring. These panels are designed to add another directly into the junction box on the panel so if I decide to go for more it should still be neat and tidy.

Obviously the big lump in the middle is the air con unit and takes surprisingly little power running easily off the inverter and Lithium batteries, the other rectangular thing to the right is the vent off the fridge/freezer the round thing is the gas oven vent and then the WiFi booster aerial, not sure I would have put it right next to two vents so will keep an eye on it.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That's interesting about additional panels going into the junction box on the panels. I asked for some more and they said an additional 2 would be ideal. I now understand why. They split the 4 into 2 banks so will add one to each bank.
I installed my comms roof stuff in the same place as it's an easy route down above the oven and into the corner by the door as that antenna is a pipe through you are limited in options to install it.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Very nice I to wonder if you would ever change your van.
Here's to many happy days and nights hope I can have a tour one day. I never look in them at shows. As I know I won't be having one soon.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That's interesting about additional panels going into the junction box on the panels. I asked for some more and they said an additional 2 would be ideal. I now understand why. They split the 4 into 2 banks so will add one to each bank.
I installed my comms roof stuff in the same place as it's an easy route down above the oven and into the corner by the door as that antenna is a pipe through you are limited in options to install it.
If he had gone for two panels that would have been one cable run and one controller so I would only really upgrade by one, so 4 allows a simple upgrade of two more plus it would need two big controllers at 430watts each so that would be 780 on the roof?

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Very nice I to wonder if you would ever change your van.
Here's to many happy days and nights hope I can have a tour one day. I never look in them at shows. As I know I won't be having one soon.
We look in everything especially the ones we can’t afford:giggle: I think that’s how we ended up with This one on the drive, at Dusseldorf last year Jen said “I’m sick of looking let’s just order one”

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

At some stage, when you have stopped fettling, you need to change the 'signature' at the bottom of your posts, as you have got it haven't you?;):giggle:

I am getting more impressed with each post and pic.

Geoff
All done Geoff (y) thanks for the reminder, one more then.

34754F93-38E1-4894-9174-0DD9FEA1AD8E.jpeg

Material choice for cushions and the curtain things.

Martin

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
All done Geoff (y) thanks for the reminder, one more then.

View attachment 390573
Material choice for cushions and the curtain things.

Martin
I’m not too fond of the kitchen roll material look....?

And with given how much these motorhomes cost you’d think they would come with a steering wheel...?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We look in everything especially the ones we can’t afford:giggle: I think that’s how we ended up with This one on the drive, at Dusseldorf last year Jen said “I’m sick of looking let’s just order one”

And that’s why my wife isn’t allowed in the ones we can’t afford.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
And with given how much these motorhomes cost you’d think they would come with a steering wheel...?

I'd have thought for the price you'd have got a steering wheel :rofl: :rofl:

Steering wheels are soo yesterday. It’s all joysticks now chaps. ?

Ian

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Only just caught up with this thread, many congratulations Martin and Jen enjoy every moment in a lovely Motorhome looks well worth waiting for.!
maybe could go in MORELO forum now .

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I seemed to be locked out of the forum for the last two days but didn't really matter as I have jobs to do, and have been starting at 7am:LOL: shelves and drawers are all lined with the anti-slip matting now, messed around working out where everything is going to be stored but not really come to a conclusion yet but can't start till I get the gel backed commercial grade carpet for the garage and lockers (tomorrow now), making a floor template for interior carpets, a bit of a shame as it has really nice cushion floor but we like carpets.

Spent hours trying to understand how stuff works and how to reset the built in tyre pressure monitors, managed to get some presets into the radio and set up the phones for hands free and CarPlay.

IMG_3337.jpg

And polished the wheel trims, these are a special order rather than alloys and so much better looking and practical in my book.

Oh been to the weigh bridge as well(y) 6360kg so thats 1135kg payload left after all the options have taken close to another 1000kg, front axle is pretty heavy at the moment at 2660kg so I am on a diet or I might have to swap the lithiums for lead acid to get the cantilever affect, no thinking about it I will just fill the garage with toys.

Martin

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Took mine to the weighbridge yesterday (ok ok I went to work in it) and it’s full of diesel fresh water and gas, and the garage has all the crap in it, awning, chairs, Webber bbq spare wheel and loads of other crap, all clothes in and all non perishable foods, basically 98% ready to go and minus Mrs Westy at 60kg

GVW 4250kg
Front 2100kg
Rear 2400kg

Actual GVW 3880
Front 1790kg
Rear 2060kg

So I’m well happy with that👍👍

Can I upgrade the maxi chassis further? And what would it entail?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Took mine to the weighbridge yesterday (ok ok I went to work in it) and it’s full of diesel fresh water and gas, and the garage has all the crap in it, awning, chairs, Webber bbq spare wheel and loads of other crap, all clothes in and all non perishable foods, basically 98% ready to go and minus Mrs Westy at 60kg

GVW 4250kg
Front 2100kg
Rear 2400kg

Actual GVW 3880
Front 1790kg
Rear 2060kg

The simple answer is I don't know as never had anything to do with Fiat chassis, I will guess that you would get a bit more with air suspension and different tyres depending what are on now of course.

Martin

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

GVW 4250kg
Front 2100kg
Rear 2400kg

Actual GVW 3880
Front 1790kg
Rear 2060kg

I thought the Maxi chassis on our PVC that we just sold could be plated to 4500KG but then again my head is full of useless stuff so I wouldn't believe a word i say :)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
funflair Martin the wheels really do look lovely, can I ask what antislip you used for the drawers?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

GVW 4250kg
Front 2100kg
Rear 2400kg

Actual GVW 3880
Front 1790kg
Rear 2060kg

Maybe worth a separate thread in the appropriate forum to achieve results and not confuse this thread :unsure:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
funflair Martin the wheels really do look lovely, can I ask what antislip you used for the drawers?
Its like the black stuff you can get from Halford for tool boxes etc, but this comes from Boyes a local to use cheap shop and it in the haberdashery 800mm wide and sold by the metre so economical to use.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back