Rally Thetford Bash is all go !!! (5 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We had a fab time as usual. Thank you Robin and Hilary for Marshalling and allowing me a spot near the action. Nice to see the amount raised for the air ambulance. Really nice to catch up with friend's and the Spanish contingent. Sorry if the furry ones annoyed anyone.

Look forward to hearing what John has lined up for next year.

Sonja

chris vickers

Free Member
Mar 7, 2018
holbeach
Funster No
MH
aclass
Exp
Theford bash was our first meet , met lovely people and was made to feel very welcome , and hey ho if i upset anyone by winning the mini moped racing better luck next year :LOL::LOL: . had a great time , thank you all

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Just to add my thanks to @Jaws & @meanders for an excellent rally and good fun, the sunshine helped as well,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We are now home and started re-supply for next trip. Thankyou to John, Maureen and the family. And of course not forgetting the lovely and very hard working Robin and Hillary for such a great meet. looking forward to 2019 Thetford bash. Oh and Brenda recons if wimbledon can have henman hill, thetford bash has got Jaws hill overlooking the moped racing track

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
I would like to add my sincere thanks to John @Jaws and Hilary and Robin @meanders for their hard work which gave us the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic weekend.
Great times, great company and great FUN! (y)

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
I would also like to thank @Jaws and Maureen for the planning involved in a great weekend, also Hilary and Robin for there great marshalling for the event. We met some really lovely people and look forward to meeting up again at another rally in the future, thanks again to all that made us so welcome

Sep 15, 2013
East Grinstead
Funster No
MH
A Class
A very big thanks to John for organising and to everyone who made it such a great weekend. Not sure how John arranged it but it seams there were storms all around but not at The Rugby club.

Michael

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Many thanks to John and Maureen for yet another great Thetford Bash, to Robin and Hilary for doing such a wonderful job Marshalling and to everyone who donated to the auction which is such a good cause. Thanks to all the funsters new and old for a great time. Fabulous to hear that £1853.81 was raised :)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
We left Thetford this morning & we finally had rain @ 3am this morning, another great vacation thanks to @Jaws & we will defiantly be back again next hopefully with a trailer attached so I can bring the bike & a few toys ;)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
DSC00031.JPG
DSC00036.JPG

Some of the Fun

Some of the motorhomes
DSC00023.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

The ride out and a Funster got the wrong idea about bikes didn't you @JaG

DSC00001 (2).JPG

AND of course the Auction where everyone gave so much money
AND How many Plastic Spanners did @Jaws sell ?????

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
A huge :ta:to @Jaws and the rest of the helpers for a brilliant weekend, and also thanks to the ladies for cooking the Sunday lunch ,it was lovely.
The hard work from you all was much appreciated
Cheers :drinks:
MicknMew

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Well only one ... but we sold it 5 times !
If it is the plastic spanner I donated, it is specifically designed so that it tightens the gas joint to the right torque and prevents overtightening and crushing the rubber washer!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If it is the plastic spanner I donated, it is specifically designed so that it tightens the gas joint to the right torque and prevents overtightening and crushing the rubber washer!
It is indeed.. And it took the place of the 'candle' that has been sold 40 or 50 times over the years...
Amazingly, we will have another plastic spanner up for grabs next year.. (y);)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thanks to John and family for their input. Also to Robin and Hilary.
As usual a superb time was had.
Even @Dawn B was in a mellow mood !

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We was sorry to not get to the bash. Untill Monday. They got my van fixed so I could get to the bash. Most of you had gone , but had a great time with a couple of funsters . So now my van is up and running again we will be back. Thanks to @Jaws For his help. Did he buy the bottle of scotch I put in. lol So see you all soon.

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
I know John thanked the band on the night, but I feel it would be remiss of us not to mention Martin, John, Tony and Lyndon who in the absence of the Funster Band provided the music on Saturday night.

These are local nonmembers, who provide their services, foc, locally for various community clubs and charity events.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I know John thanked the band on the night, but I feel it would be remiss of us not to mention Martin, John, Tony and Lyndon who in the absence of the Funster Band provided the music on Saturday night.

These are local nonmembers, who provide their services, foc, locally for various community clubs and charity events.
And lets also not forget how good the music was. Thanks due to you and your lovely lady for making it happen! :clap:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Also w

Also worthy of mention are the auctioneers, one of whom was Richard (Scotties ) him self and the other a band member..
By stepping in to the job neither had a chance to have a break and meant they were working flat out for the WHOLE evening..

Absolutely bang up job guys and errrr..... girl !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Right folks...
All monies distributed..

I transferred £1653 over to East Anglia Air Ambulance, which along with the £200 that was sent to Dave and Poly ( @toledo ) to help towards replacing the Karaoke kit which was used as Fun meets takes care of it all ( bar, as admitted to elsewhere, 81p which I nicked for a can of cola !)

No doubt in the fullness of time EAAA will send a certificate through saying thank you

All donations have been made in the name of Motorhome Fun :)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And N A A have sent a nice letter and certificate as receipt for the money you generous lot helped to raise :)

upload_2018-7-16_8-31-42.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back