Rally Thetford Bash is all go !!! (3 Viewers)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Home and partly unpacked. Thanks ever so much to @Jaws and @meanders (Mr and Mrs) for organising such a great meet.
We and Nelson had a great time.
Sorry to those we didnt get to say goodbye to but John wanted to get home before dark, which we did...just.
@Theonlysue; @AlynRuthBH; and lovely Sheba the rescue GSD’s owners. Lovely to meet you all and Hope to see you all again soon.

Catherine, John and Nelson x

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Home and starting to unpack , many many thanks must go to @Jaws and @meanders for their hard work in organising/running this rally, not forgetting of course the excellent disco @Tibbo, and the entertainment on Saturday night before the auction.

We have had a lovely time, & have renewed/met some lovely funsters including some who were from our neck of the woods @fullfat! Had a fab time in the club-house, and Alb had an enjoyable time on the mini moto's. Lovely to chat with @Sundowners - think this may be going to cost us some money!! @CCC - sorry we & @Antique didn't get to say cheerio before we left - but best wishes & looking forward to seeing you again soon

Keep up the good work everyone - keep the "fun" in motorhome fun - hope to catch up again with everyone soon xx

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Jaws, many thanks for arranging a great meet and raising funds for such a good cause....

Great time had and looking forward to next year.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Great rally as usual
Stephanie is looking forward to next year if only to race peds :ROFLMAO:
We enjoyed out little trip where Thetford was the finale - only 62 nights and 2018.3 miles or so

Reactions: JaG
Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Back home for us two now. Many thanks and a round of applause to Jaws et al for organising a great event. Had a thoroughly good time as Oscar said meeting a few we already knew along with some new interesting ones.

Liked:
Clubhouse/bar
Friendly welcome
Site space, location and layout
Organised events
People
Shopping at peoples vans!

Disliked:
Toilet emptying - yuk
Distance from town/shop

Good experience and we’d definitely do it again.

Again many thanks to all who worked harder than we did (Wouldn’t be difficult as we did nowt but talk eat and drink in the sunshine).

Bravo

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Thanks John for a lovely meet and a great thanks to Robin & Hilary for all their hard work and chocolate for the kids at the ped race.
Ray & Joy

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Another great meet at Thetford, special thanks to @Jaws for organising the event again for such a great cause, @meanders for marshalling and @Tibbo for providing the music in the bar.
Hope to see you all next year.
Dave and Kathie

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Just a quick one to say a HUGE Thank you to @meanders for faithfully manning the Checkpoint all weekend, their help and advice and for rescuing us from Thetford (y) , of course thanks also to @Jaws for excellent organisation.

I must admit that over the weekend I realised why all F1 Drivers and Superbike/Moto GP riders can hide behind a matchstick, it's all about power to weight ratios... I'm on a diet for next year, I 'recon I can take at least 10th (my target is to be able to hide behind a large tree :whistle: )

DSC_0456.JPG

Thank you to all members of the "far corner crew" for helping with Bannock's social skills "development" :rolleyes: When we got to Lyndon Top to meet up with @Drexxer for the first time in... ohhh around 6 years, Bannock was really NOT that interested in what the other dogs around him were up to, he just wanted to chill...!!! (Lyndon Top, wow what an awesome site!)

Hope to see you all at Thetford next year, if not before.

Nice one @Jaws

Cheers
Bannock, Red and Chris.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Back home and unloaded. Many thanks to @Jaws, John and Maureen for organising such a fab event. Also thanks to @meanders for excellent marshalling and to @Tibbo for the music shows.
It was lovely meeting up with old friends and making new ones. Loved the entertainment, and especially the roar off in the serious buggy to Tesco's. See you all next year.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Attention all WORKERS... !!!

Just to let you know some of us are still here and enjoying the late evening sun. :D

(y)(y)(y)

This Hobgoblin is lovely.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Right..

Time to get a bit serious..

As far as I can work out ( and there is still some working out to do, but I think all the big stuff is covered ) you guys have managed to
raise a very impressive £1853.81p

If the figures are right, £1653 is going to EAAA ( East Anglian Air Ambulance ) which Maureen and I will be taking to the offices and presenting to them on behalf of Motorhome Fun, £200 going towards funding something else closer to Fun ( all will be revealed ), and I nicked the 81p for a can of pepsi on the way home !

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Jaws though we weren't there we were thinking of you and Maureen over the week. sounds like everyone had a awesome time, what a great amount of money you raised, enjoy your next trip.
Carol & Eddie x

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Clare and I would also like to add our thanks to the all the organising team with @Jaws and @meanders in particular if we may too please. Our second ever rally was another top notch event.
Thank you
Clare and Steve

Shiny Paul.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2017
Thaxted, Essex.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
30 years of weekends away motor racing.
This weekend was our first Motorhome fun rally and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute, huge thanks to @Jaws @meanders and the rest of the team for organising a great event.
We were made to feel very welcome and we are already looking for the next rally.
Paul and Corinne.

Screenshot_2018-05-29-10-55-51.png

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!! We have something new planned for next year !

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Given the earlier history lesson ...... Tank racing? :rollingeyes:

Not dangerous at all to those inside the tanks?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Left Thetford this morning and now home, getting ready for the soul meet.
Thanks to @Jaws @meanders and everyone else that helped make it another great rally.
Met with several new members (y)(y) and it was nice to hear good feedback that they were enjoying the FUN rally.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Met with several new members (y)(y) and it was nice to hear good feedback that they were enjoying the FUN rally.
Feedback seemed positive, but if anyone felt left out or has any criticisms that they don't want to post publicly, please start a conversation we us to pass on your thoughts. John, and indeed Fun, can only improve if we know where things haven't gone well. I promise no attributive comments will be passed on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back