The Dressing Gown Brigade (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Who said anything about the van not being fit for purpose? You can't tell me that you can have the same shower in your van as you could in your house or in the campsite shower block.

Why go on a campsite and pay for facilities that you don't intend to use, or worse judge others for using facilities they have paid for?
That is the big thing with a few other threads at the moment, on the opposite tack , why do we have to pay for what we don't need or want.?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Posted on another thread, then thought it worthy of its own.

Why is it people with onboard facilities don’t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.
Why so judgmental? I use the shower block and toilet facilities in preference to using the one in the MoHo. However recent Covid issues means my preference is to use the onboard facilities but will revert once a vaccine 💉 is available that way there is less cleaning and emptying to do whilst on Holliday.

what’s wrong with dressing gowns or onesies?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Why so judgmental? I use the shower block and toilet facilities in preference to using the one in the MoHo. However recent Covid issues means my preference is to use the onboard facilities but will revert once a vaccine 💉 is available that way there is less cleaning and emptying to do whilst on Holliday.

what’s wrong with dressing gowns or onesies?
. Not being judgmental just asked the question why?

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
That is the big thing with a few other threads at the moment, on the opposite tack , why do we have to pay for what we don't need or want.?

You don't have to though, you chose to use the campsites with the facilities, no one forces you.

Equally how do you propose that they charge alternatively? Only possibility might be toilet or shower tokens but as the sites are businesses it will just lead to increased 'base' prices.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Quite happy to use my van's facilities and they've been great during this Covid stuff. The convenience of the onboard toilet is the real luxury of having the van. But in a PVC they are small, and I am a bit rotund, there is also a finite water supply and I do like to get drenched when showering. If I am on a site with good and clean amenities, especially shower, I'll take a walk. But I'd never wear a dressing gown on that walk.
I’m with you on the shower and drenching normally there is plenty of hot water and probably use more than the Truma would supply, so showering in the MoHo is more of a splash and dash

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Quite happy to use my van's facilities and they've been great during this Covid stuff. The convenience of the onboard toilet is the real luxury of having the van. But in a PVC they are small, and I am a bit rotund, there is also a finite water supply and I do like to get drenched when showering. If I am on a site with good and clean amenities, especially shower, I'll take a walk. But I'd never wear a dressing gown on that walk.
Yes, you always looked to be more of a silk smoking jacket sort of person. :whistle2: A terrible look when wearing crocs:Eeek:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You don't have to though, you chose to use the campsites with the facilities, no one forces you.

Equally how do you propose that they charge alternatively? Only possibility might be toilet or shower tokens but as the sites are businesses it will just lead to increased 'base' prices.
Don't want to get into this on this thread as there others running, but simply like France, you either park up free or very cheap, then pay extra for whatever else you use such as water, electric or emptying, simple.

Deleted User
I have always used the toilet and shower in all the vans I have owned. Why own a van if it is not fit for purpose.

I am of the opinion that there is a basic difference in attitude towards this topic depending on the background before motorhoming ie camping (tents) or hotel type holidays.
I am from a camping background, mostly tents and a few caravans, borrowed motorhomes and one campervan, none of which have had what I would call a shower room fit for use so using site facilities is the norm.
If I ever did get a caravan or motorhome with a decent shower room I would still use site facilities unless they were substandard and then I wouldn't be there long.

I look upon the campervan as a mobile bed, cooking facilities and basic toilet, not as a mobile hotel room.

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
Don't want to get into this on this thread as there others running, but simply like France, you either park up free or very cheap, then pay extra for whatever else you use such as water, electric or emptying, simple.

It's all a bit hypothetical anyway because most people like using the facilities onsite from what I've seen! In Europe there is the option of both models. Campsites still exist.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I don't own a pair of crocs. Am I missing out?
You could browse the designer range and decide for yourself.......

Sod the comfort....I wouldn’t even answer the phone in them! 😂😂😂😂

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Posted on another thread, then thought it worthy of its own.

Why is it people with onboard facilities don’t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.
If your on a site with good facilities why carry water to your van and then carry waste away? As for dressing gowns it just makes life simpler,,no hopping on one leg to get your pants on.BUSBY.😁

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Try it,,as I said it's easier than balancing on one leg BUSBY.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
They even do FUN Crocs

SmileyClog-Chinatown.jpg

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
You forgot to mention the Crocs. Dressing gown and crocs. Jeeves would certainly have a word or two to say.
Crocs are good. Use them in the shower to avoid direct foot contact with the shower floor.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Seems to be a lot of intolerance of owners of smaller or less optimally laid out motor-homes.

We've a MH that's great for making daytrips easier - a portable cafe & loo.
For campsite visits we did pre-covid-19 we used site facilities rather than our onboard ones,
During covid-19 we opted to reduce the load on the site's facilities and use our own.

What seems a small changes soon involves a lot more filling & emptying. :eek:
We'll put or onboard facilities into the "nice to have as a backup" category ASAP

We do use our cooker most days - a logic gap. :eek:

edit: oops. strayed off topic as didn't mention a dressing gown - as it happens I don't use one. Just simple light loose sports attire. ;)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Is there going to be a thread started about how campsites are only used by people who sit behind windbreaks?
They're a load of too. Not had a noticeable number of fellow campsite users stay within the confines of the site's boundary.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back