Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Is there going to be a thread started about how campsites are only used by people who sit behind windbreaks?
They're a load of too. Not had a noticeable number of fellow campsite users stay within the confines of the site's boundary.
Start one

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not from me. I have a 6 mtr PVC. Always use my own facilities, ok not the same luxury as home but very acceptable. As I have dyed before each to their own.
Our shower is better than the one at home

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Why would you go to the bother of having to fill a water tank up and empty it and why wouldn't you use the facilities that you have paid for the luxury of using? Do you use the onsite toilet? I really don't see the difference. I would only use the MH shower if there was not an alternative.
My wife has some mobility problems that mean it takes a little time to ā€œkick startā€ in the mornings. The ability to roll out of bed, step into the shower, then dry off without leaving the motorhome is a blessing. Not to mention in times of pi....pouring rain and/or snow.

If we are paying for a facility that we donā€™t use, please accept our subsidy with good grace. (y) ;)

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
On a site now where block is closed.We use our own bathroom anyway.Those very heavy towelling dressing gowns nah....and have seen people drive to a blockšŸ˜ŸšŸ˜ŸšŸ˜Ÿ

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
My wife has some mobility problems that mean it takes a little time to ā€œkick startā€ in the mornings. The ability to roll out of bed, step into the shower, then dry off without leaving the motorhome is a blessing. Not to mention in times of pi....pouring rain and/or snow.

If we are paying for a facility that we donā€™t use, please accept our subsidy with good grace. (y) ;)

Of course! But I don't think you were being critical of those who do use on site facilities.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You forgot to mention the Crocs. Dressing gown and crocs. Jeeves would certainly have a word or two to say.
O.K. You have convinced me that it is a fashion faux pa.

I will abandon the dressing gown in future and just stick to the crocs.o_O

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Posted on another thread, then thought it worthy of its own.

Why is it people with onboard facilities donā€™t use them. Surely in this day and age 99% of motorhomes and caravans are self contained. Toilet blocks should only be for campers. One of my pet hates people walking about campsites in dressing gowns. Each to there own.
I drove through Ellesmere Port today and saw a young woman get out of her car in a dressing gown and slippers at 2pm šŸ˜‰

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am not complaining about this camp which I suppose is the same as thousands of others, or for paying for stuff I have no intention of useing, it was our choice because we wanted to walk into GT Yarmouth, probably the last time we shall be here after many years of visiting the town and used to love it when the kids were young, just can't understand why anyone would choose a holiday like this with a motorhome, might as well have a caravan.
But if anyone is reading this that havnt been to France , don't wait a moment longer, you just can't know what you are missing.
Other countries are available.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If Iā€™m on a campsite with nice facilities I will use them but my feet will not touch the shower floor. I walk there in my crocs, wear flip flops in the shower and then put my crocs back on. I donā€™t want to leave grass/sand or mud in the shower or bring viruses out. I do wear my dressing gown to the shower block first thing in the morning or last thing at night, why on earth not, itā€™s not Waitrose!

On the other hand I will use our loo and shower, itā€™s just that we have a PVC with a trigger shower head and a small tank. Itā€™s a bit of a palaver wiping the cubicle down, draining it and getting it dry, including the lovely clingy curtain when itā€™s cold and wet.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
.. just can't understand why anyone would choose a holiday like this with a motorhome, might as well have a caravan.
But what is a "holiday like this" you think is being chosen?
Just checking we're not back to "all campsite users stay with their vehicle" trope (y)

edit: a typo :eek:

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
(since before covid as we've been at home since March)

If the site facilities are acceptable I will use them - generally once the cleaning is done (an afternoon shower just feels decadent somehow) and we usually use the site loos during the day so as not to have to do the cassette as often - but in bad weather or if the site facilities are not up to standard then we have our own on board.

Using the van shower means there is a lot of wall and screen and floor to dry after use. I have tried using a shower mat in the shower to keep the feet of the next occupant dry but then there is a shower mat to get dry as well. Perhaps plastic bags over socks should be insisted on.

I tend to wash my hair in the sink using the shower sprayhead rather than in the shower as it is easier to clean out hair from the sink than get down on my poor old worn out knees to do the shower drain. A proper strip wash does the job on days when one doesn't want (or can't be bothered with the clear up after) a full shower.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Last night we stayed on basically a car park outside an Italian supermarket ... Strangely enough we showered etc in the van. Today were on a luxury 5 star site.. and can you believe it... We will be using the facilities.. don't think we'll be wandering around in dressing gowns tho
Surely it's up to the individual .. personally I'd rather have someone in a dressing gown walking past than a posse of anklebiters screaming and banging

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
Sorry, but we're part of the dressing gown parade...
Currently using our facilities to take pressure off them for campers etc but otherwise slip the dressing gown on and head for the facilities.
I dont really care what others think although I accept its not really a good look.
Nicer to get dressed at home and less likely to end up with wet clothes. Also makes me quicker so others can use the shower.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back