The Dressing Gown Brigade (2 Viewers)

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
What I donā€™t understand is how unflattering a look it is. The wearer might not care, but for the rest of us poor souls who happen to catch a glimpse of these ā€œvisionsā€ marching across the site is not something I pay my fees to see. Generally not a pretty sight, and once seen is not easily erased over your corn flakes.
As already said, you wouldnā€™t leave the house like that, but happy to inflict on fellow campers!

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
What I donā€™t understand is how unflattering a look it is. The wearer might not care, but for the rest of us poor souls who happen to catch a glimpse of these ā€œvisionsā€ marching across the site is not something I pay my fees to see. Generally not a pretty sight, and once seen is not easily erased over your corn flakes.
As already said, you wouldnā€™t leave the house like that, but happy to inflict on fellow campers!
I sincerely hope your comments made regarding what you pay your site fees for and what you see on site are very much tongue in cheek reactions, to these begowned visions?
Personally, I find the variety and mix on a site very easy to get along with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Don't leave the house like that???Have a look on the school run or Tesco in a morning ,šŸ˜šŸ˜ BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I sincerely hope your comments made regarding what you pay your site fees for and what you see on site are very much tongue in cheek reactions, to these begowned visions?
Personally, I find the variety and mix on a site very easy to get along with.
It's all a part of lives entertainment,,people watchingšŸ˜šŸ˜ BUSBY.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have just treated myself to a new dressing gown at the New Forest show to replace my hideous fleecy zip up dressing gown with a Christmas or Nordic as I like to call it, pattern on it. The man was onto a winner when he said I only needed a medium due to my slim hips, Nick spoilt it by saying ā€œno-one has said that about your hips beforeā€. Iā€™ve just paid for Avonbank, I might be going on my own!

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
ā€œWhy is it that people with on board facilities donā€™t use them??ā€ to which I reply ā€œWhy is it that people who have paid for communal showers and toilets donā€™t use them??ā€. Iā€™m in the latter camp preferring to use site facilities thus saving ourselves the trouble of constantly cleaning out onboard shower/toilet areas (ours are still like new) and redoing the cassette every 5 mins. And no, I donā€™t travel to and emerge from the shower block in my dressing gown (give me some credit!). It is a case of ā€˜each to their ownā€™ with no rights or wrongs and if you get upset by people in dressing gowns then thatā€™s sad.
How come you have rights to an opinion on here.

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
766FAC62-D354-4551-82FA-07A257A3E8B9.jpeg
D7A84FAB-A348-4E8A-BBEB-3E620CE41964.jpeg

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Well, the time has finally come. Iā€™ve put them both to sleep.
They are at peace in a specially designed, silk lined mahogany box, and are of course in a climate controlled environment.

I nearly passed out with grief when the lid was closed but it had to be done.šŸ˜¢

I shall be brave, and look forward to next spring when I can be reunited with

MY CROCSšŸ˜„šŸ˜„

OP
OP
TM59

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Well, the time has finally come. Iā€™ve put them both to sleep.
They are at peace in a specially designed, silk lined mahogany box, and are of course in a climate controlled environment.

I nearly passed out with grief when the lid was closed but it had to be done.šŸ˜¢

I shall be brave, and look forward to next spring when I can be reunited with

MY CROCSšŸ˜„šŸ˜„

RIP

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
cough!
HIP!!
(hibernate ;) )

edit: struck out the comment that could be inappropriate during the pandemic

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay then ... in order to keep this thread going ... who wears a dressing gown (at any time, not just on campsites) and what type is it?

Those brave enough could put on pictures of them modelling theirs ... just remember some members are a bit sensitive to certain images! :giggle:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Okay then ... in order to keep this thread going ... who wears a dressing gown (at any time, not just on campsites) and what type is it?

Those brave enough could put on pictures of them modelling theirs ... just remember some members are a bit sensitive to certain images! :giggle:

I'm sure there are some pictures of many female funsters in onesies or just waking up in bed on meet ups , but since our average age is so high, they are not a pretty sight. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back