The Big Lorry to Camper Conversion (5 Viewers)

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
Well we are officially full timers. First meal in the caravan... Pizza.... Bit late but its been a busy weekend.

Big massive thank you to those generous people who helped make this happen. 😎😎

IMG_20200531_215224.jpg

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Just like my Mrs ? I'm one of the few men that doesn't get moaned at for spending money on tools!
Well we are officially full timers. First meal in the caravan... Pizza.... Bit late but its been a busy weekend.

Big massive thank you to those generous people who helped make this happen. 😎😎

View attachment 392740
Well done. What an amazing thing to do. Wish you both much fun and happiness in it.

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
MANGOFORTH Hey Bud, hows the first week and a bit been in the caravan? Any pointers that you have noticed that you need to do before moving into your Van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
MANGOFORTH Hey Bud, hows the first week and a bit been in the caravan? Any pointers that you have noticed that you need to do before moving into your Van?
Yup all good mate thanks!

Yes i have had a few lessons already

1. Dont cook large pizzas in a small gas oven. One side gets very burnt.

2. Get as big a water tank as possible, we are being as responsible as possible to make it last but it still dissappears at an alarming rate.

3. If you 6'7" wearing a helmet it advisable. Luckily my truck is 2.3 meters tall inside.

4. Poo at garages. That also fills up pretty quickly 😂.

5. If your a proper Itinerant like me, and turns out have no access to water. Take a set of molegrips to the petrol station so you don't have to hold the lever down on the water hose the whole time.

6. Get your Mrs to throw half her wardrobe away!! But she did discover that if you roll cloths up rather than fold them. You can fit twice as much in the same space. Pretty surprising.

7. Definitely have an allocated space for taking muddy shoes off. If you don't have an awning it's a pain trying to walk in and take your boots off, without getting either a wet sock or a muddy floor.

Other than that not really.

Life is pretty good atm! 😎

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
6. Get your Mrs to throw half her wardrobe away!! But she did discover that if you roll cloths up rather than fold them. You can fit twice as much in the same space. Pretty surprising.
We use packing cubes for clothes, that way they can be easily stored in the overhead lockers and there's no risk of clothes falling out on your head whenever the locker is opened. Everything is rolled and I can get a lot more in a cube than if they were just folded.

<Broken link removed>

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Great Advice thanks, A few very interesting points. It makes me happy that Ive gone for a 450lt water tank and the Incinerator toilet. No issues with emptying constantly.

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
We use packing cubes for clothes, that way they can be easily stored in the overhead lockers and there's no risk of clothes falling out on your head whenever the locker is opened. Everything is rolled and I can get a lot more in a cube than if they were just folded.

<Broken link removed>
We have a lorry body half full with vacuum packed clothes... Split into seasons.... And then there's the ones she wears regularly.... She's just needs to bin some lol

Bagofsand

Free Member
Feb 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
To be built
Exp
Happy days living the dream, just remember all the cash you are saving.

OP
OP
MANGOFORTH

MANGOFORTH

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
Haha haven't made any progress. Really. Mrs has painted the walls with a primer and undercoat. But I've got health issues going. Just about going to work but haven't got the energy to do anything else 🙄😏

Hoping to be in full swing soon 😎

How's yours going?

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Haha haven't made any progress. Really. Mrs has painted the walls with a primer and undercoat. But I've got health issues going. Just about going to work but haven't got the energy to do anything else 🙄😏

How's yours going?
Shame Man, Hope you feel better soon. It must be something in the air. I've also been a bit demotivated lately, But I do need to get my ass into gear as time is drawing near. We plan to be on the road beginning Sept.

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017

How's yours going?
Better check what your better half has been up to then - seems she’s cutting holes in your roof 😉

Jim

May 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
On the lookout
Exp
On and off since 2006
Great thread, just read it all from the beginning.
I admire your skills and attitude. Good luck to you and your other half(y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Did anyone check to see if MANGOFORTH was ok ?

Just his last few posts said he was unwell and then he dissapeared ....

Would have liked to see his finished build

Also what happened to kaasbrodjie? ....hes now deleted member

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Did anyone check to see if MANGOFORTH was ok ?

Just his last few posts said he was unwell and then he dissapeared ....

Would have liked to see his finished build

Also what happened to kaasbrodjie? ....hes now deleted member
Think he [mangoforth] still posts occasionally on Instagram... "the_outlander_diaries"
Last post was building kitchen cabinets... they are very green!

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
We made it to Italy, :cool:. Was a mad dash through France only stopping twice to fill up. Tolls are a huge expense but had to use the tolls to minimise the time travelled in France. We are currently in Susa and planning to head south to the coast over the next few days. To be honest im loving being in the Alps temps still in the lower twenties.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back