That's put paid to that then, (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Having shielded since March I understand everything about essential travel. Thank you
.. And yet you are still trying to justify a non essential journey to the New Forest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Having shielded since March I understand everything about essential travel. Thank you
So your wanting to go to the new forest is that essential travel i don't think so the reason for essential travel is to keep you withing your own aria at home i don't think going to the new forest to camp is essential travel and having cancer treatment at this time i fully under stand abut shielding
so i still dont think you get it
bill

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
So your wanting to go to the new forest is that essential travel i don't think so the reason for essential travel is to keep you withing your own aria at home i don't think going to the new forest to camp is essential travel and having cancer treatment at this time i fully under stand abut shielding
so i still dont think you get it
bill
don't lecture me if you don't know the facts. No-one mentioned camping/overnighting - just a brief day trip without mixing with others and staying in the van other than turning gas on and off so as to get a country view out of town.
Yes , I do know about shielding as my wife is on the extremely clinically vulnerable list as she has had a chronic immumo-suppressive disease for over 22 years.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
don't lecture me if you don't know the facts. No-one mentioned camping/overnighting - just a brief day trip without mixing with others and staying in the van other than turning gas on and off so as to get a country view out of town.
Yes , I do know about shielding as my wife is on the extremely clinically vulnerable list as she has had a chronic immumo-suppressive disease for over 22 years.
Phone the local police and ask them if you can have a day out in The New Forest, let us know how you get on.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just stay home it's lock down we all would love to just shoot of for the day folks just thinks they can pleas there shelf i would have loved to have gotten the use of our motorhome this year.
But it was not to be and now we have a lock down essential travel only there is a reason for them doing it if you or anyone else decides to just up and go out for the day out of your aria.
You have a accident or god forbid one of you fall ill you could be asymptomatic risking the lives of every thing and every one you come in to contact with.
Is it worth the risk to your extremely clinically vulnerable wife i am sure her consultant would relay like you to put her at risk
But at the end of the day it's your decision to take the chance hope you have a nice day out getting stopped by a police officer who was probity spat on the other day by a covid-19 carriers who just wanted a day out and was told to go home and tane objection to it there for contaminating the police officer who in turn has stopped you touching your driving licence and documents maybe even giving you a ticket for breaching covid lock down camping or not it's in breech of the lock down
bill

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Just stay home it's lock down we all would love to just shoot of for the day folks just thinks they can pleas there shelf i would have loved to have gotten the use of our motorhome this year.
But it was not to be and now we have a lock down essential travel only there is a reason for them doing it if you or anyone else decides to just up and go out for the day out of your aria.
You have a accident or god forbid one of you fall ill you could be asymptomatic risking the lives of every thing and every one you come in to contact with.
Is it worth the risk to your extremely clinically vulnerable wife i am sure her consultant would relay like you to put her at risk
But at the end of the day it's your decision to take the chance hope you have a nice day out getting stopped by a police officer who was probity spat on the other day by a covid-19 carriers who just wanted a day out and was told to go home and tane objection to it there for contaminating the police officer who in turn has stopped you touching your driving licence and documents maybe even giving you a ticket for breaching covid lock down camping or not it's in breech of the lock down
bill
Wildbill. That's a sensible response to Keep Right On (KRO). Like so many we can all sympathy with KRO wanting to take his wife for a simple day out. However there are so many things which can turn a simple day out into a nightmare, most of which are out of your control.

As hard as it is, it really isn't worth the hassle, lets face it 4 weeks will fly by.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Phone the local police and ask them if you can have a day out in The New Forest, let us know how you get on.
Phone the rangers you will get a straight answer , the police got more important things to do

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
For what we have all been thru surly another 4 wks ( hopefully ) not going to make much difference ??? This as we know is a different lockdown basically getting people away from crowded places like shopping malls / bars / events . Ok you might say just a day out in van BUT that’s not the spirit , keep local , keep safe !

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
To be honest, I don't like being trolled by some members of a reputable forum. I was asking a sensible question, not having been a MH owner during lockdown1 but one of my earlier responses said I had answered my own question having identified the risks of breakdown or an RTA.
At no time did I suggest I wanted to or would break the law.
All the responders suggesting "ask the police" quite frankly can zed victor one and foxtrot oscar

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ha ha.. you have no Idea what trolling is.. You tried to justify a day out and were shot down, live with it.
the site name is ‘FUN’ let’s keep it that way, none of us are saints, and I am sure we would all want to get out if we could, if anyone can’t be positive then better not post. PS. lesW not pointing finger at you, just could not post separately

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
Strange how we all have our own prejudices.

Have you been on a bike at 40mph its frightening hardly anyone can do it. At 30 I chicken out as I think of the losses of skin if I ever come off. Most people over estimate how fast cyclists are travelling yet think nothing of the speed cars go.

I hardly see any cyclists go through red lights, yet see it from car drivers everyday.
I was thinking 50% a conservative amount, drives me crazy cyclists going through red lights and they wonder why car drivers don’t like them.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I was thinking 50% a conservative amount, drives me crazy cyclists going through red lights and they wonder why car drivers don’t like them.
What do the car drivers do to you then?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Strange how we all have our own prejudices.

Have you been on a bike at 40mph its frightening hardly anyone can do it. At 30 I chicken out as I think of the losses of skin if I ever come off. Most people over estimate how fast cyclists are travelling yet think nothing of the speed cars go.

I hardly see any cyclists go through red lights, yet see it from car drivers everyday.
As it happens, I used to do stupid things like that when I was young and actually got stopped by the police, who thought it too dangerous keeping up with or overtaking traffic at well over 40mph. They stopped me down the road after I shot past them on a rural road

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
As it happens, I used to do stupid things like that when I was young and actually got stopped by the police, who thought it too dangerous keeping up with or overtaking traffic at well over 40mph. They stopped me down the road after I shot past them on a rural road
My fastest on the mountain bike was 56mph down fleet moss. Sudden thoughts of what am I doing? Dressed in shorts and t shirt.

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
The new regulations in England, which come into effect on 5 November and are due to expire (unless renewed) on 2 December, make it an offence to leave or be outside of the place where you are living without reasonable excuse.

Exercise outdoors and visiting a public outdoor place for the purposes of open air recreation are both exceptions to the leaving home rule, so you can cycle for exercise or recreation but only alone or with one with one other person who is not a member of your household, linked household ("support bubble") or linked childcare household.

That means group rides are restricted to two people, unless a household or linked household exemption applies.

A linked household is defined in regulation 12, but is essentially a household that is linked with another household. This allows an adult living either on their own or with children under 18 to link with another household, so for example an adult in household A, living with two children, can form a linked household with the occupants of household B, and all of them could cycle together in one group. You can only link with one household however.

Linked childcare households are defined in regulation 13. Where there is at least one child aged 13 or under in your household, you can link with one other household for assistance with informal childcare for that child. People within that household could then cycle in a group with that child.

There are further exemptions under regulation 6 which include those enabling people to leave home to access services and for the purposes of work where it is not reasonably possible to work from home, so you still cycle for utility purposes rather than purely for exercise where that journey is otherwise permitted under the regulations.

There is no restriction on the distance you can cycle for exercise, where within England you can cycle, or the frequency of rides. Guidance says that you should exercise locally where possible, but you can travel to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space).

We went for a bike ride today for our daily exercise!
We rode 25 miles as allowed in the advice above from the government and cycling UK. We passed or were overtaken by many other cyclists who were riding alone or in pairs as per the instructions issued by the government. at no stage did we come close enough to anyone to receive or pass on a dose of Covid! There were many motorists out on the road, I presume making essential journeys, most were courteous and patient whilst overtaking. The fact that if I had an accident, I would put the ambulance personnel at risk of contracting covid is no different to the occupants of any motorised vehicle being involved in a traffic collision. My wellbeing and health was enhanced today at no danger to any other person. I would recommend cycling as a way to exercise during this lockdown, you might even enjoy it!

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Any exercise should be local within 5 miles of your home
Where have you got this rule from? I’ve not seen it anywhere. In fact I’ve not seen any restriction on the distance re exercise.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The new regulations in England, which come into effect on 5 November and are due to expire (unless renewed) on 2 December, make it an offence to leave or be outside of the place where you are living without reasonable excuse.

Exercise outdoors and visiting a public outdoor place for the purposes of open air recreation are both exceptions to the leaving home rule, so you can cycle for exercise or recreation but only alone or with one with one other person who is not a member of your household, linked household ("support bubble") or linked childcare household.

That means group rides are restricted to two people, unless a household or linked household exemption applies.

A linked household is defined in regulation 12, but is essentially a household that is linked with another household. This allows an adult living either on their own or with children under 18 to link with another household, so for example an adult in household A, living with two children, can form a linked household with the occupants of household B, and all of them could cycle together in one group. You can only link with one household however.

Linked childcare households are defined in regulation 13. Where there is at least one child aged 13 or under in your household, you can link with one other household for assistance with informal childcare for that child. People within that household could then cycle in a group with that child.

There are further exemptions under regulation 6 which include those enabling people to leave home to access services and for the purposes of work where it is not reasonably possible to work from home, so you still cycle for utility purposes rather than purely for exercise where that journey is otherwise permitted under the regulations.

There is no restriction on the distance you can cycle for exercise, where within England you can cycle, or the frequency of rides. Guidance says that you should exercise locally where possible, but you can travel to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space).

We went for a bike ride today for our daily exercise!
We rode 25 miles as allowed in the advice above from the government and cycling UK. We passed or were overtaken by many other cyclists who were riding alone or in pairs as per the instructions issued by the government. at no stage did we come close enough to anyone to receive or pass on a dose of Covid! There were many motorists out on the road, I presume making essential journeys, most were courteous and patient whilst overtaking. The fact that if I had an accident, I would put the ambulance personnel at risk of contracting covid is no different to the occupants of any motorised vehicle being involved in a traffic collision. My wellbeing and health was enhanced today at no danger to any other person. I would recommend cycling as a way to exercise during this lockdown, you might even enjoy it!
Nice one, it would seem some on here want to add their own rules to the government ones. I would hazard a guess they are the over weight unfit ones.
We need to keep as fit and as strong both physically and mentally as possible if we are to survive a dose of this virus. I’m guessing here but perhaps the anti exercise gang haven’t heard that most of the deaths by a long way are of people with underlying health conditions. Some of which are obesity and other conditions which have developed as a result of not looking after oneself.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Where have you got this rule from? I’ve not seen it anywhere. In fact I’ve not seen any restriction on the distance re exercise.
It isn’t a lockdown 2 rule but maybe remembered from lockdown 1 advice.

For me a 30km road cycle ride would be on the short ride - maybe if the weather looked dodgy or I hadn’t done much exercise in the days before and had limited time.
For the OP it read like their trip was just to relocate rather than exercise but for them still a benefit for their circumstance. Shame that post #116 wasn’t what they got in reply earlier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back