Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Mine a 2001 without double floor, tanks is in the side cabinet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Shurflow's do give a lot more pressure at the expense of noise & water consumption.
I dunno lenny you never heard my shurflo going it was really quiet and a full tank still done me 8 days but the pressure was brilliant

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
@Tam
Just for the record & I don’t want you thinking I couldn’t be bothered to answer you.....me & Manic are a couple so same van! :D

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ah, OK, never had one like that before. I’m not going to look just now as I’ve just returned from a lunch which included ten glasses of sherry.
No probs i have it sorted now

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Tam
Just for the record & I don’t want you thinking I couldn’t be bothered to answer you.....me & Manic are a couple so same van! :D
Ha ha no I know you are but wasn't sure which would be online so I tagged both :)

I've sorted it now though I jist wasn't sure which wire was live and negative but @Lenny HB came to rescue

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Interesting , I always assumed it was the guy who lives next to the carpark as similar sculptures in his garden

Oh Please! I hate Face book

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Ah, OK, never had one like that before. I’m not going to look just now as I’ve just returned from a lunch which included ten glasses of sherry.
Think you've got a problem Lenny, having got to ten glasses you should have had another two to make it twelve. Can't be doing with this metric stuff , multiples of ten, imperial rules:D
John

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well good news Toby passed his mot with flying colours...mot inspector was raving about the condition underneath for a 14 yr old van with 95000 miles , no leaks or corrosion visible , my high level brake light isn't working but not surprised as that's where it had let water in before. but he just advised to get it looked at
20190111_092202.jpg

So then it was back to mum's to pack everything else in to van , fill tanks etc and head off so I'm at Arbroath for the night and I'll tootle up to Aberdeen tomorrow to see jack.

20190111_154534.jpg

New pump seems a little better on pressure but still not as good as franky was.the toilet flush at least works now which is good as it was doing nothing with the old pump and I'm Gonna have my first hymer shower later lol so will see how that goes.

Took jade out for a walk earlier and as we were walking along the prom a couple poked there head out of a rapido and said " are you tam? We seen you on that Motor home fun "

So I've been spotted again. I did ask their name bit he says he's not on it much so maybe just a lurker. Nice rapido motorhome from south queensferry.

Anyway I've just had a nice hot chocolate to warm up, jade is curled up asleep on the passenger seat and I've my eye on a fish supper for tonight's dinner so I'm off to read for a bit :)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
having got to ten glasses you should have had another two to make it twelve.
It was a 10 course meal, with a glass of sherry with each course. Could have ordered more, I suppose.

Today’s lunch was only three courses, with three somewhat larger glasses of sherry. This time we did order an extra glass.

Making the most of being in the Jerez area :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It was a 10 course meal, with a glass of sherry with each course. Could have ordered more, I suppose.

Today’s lunch was only three courses, with three somewhat larger glasses of sherry. This time we did order an extra glass.

Making the most of being in the Jerez area :)
10 feckn courses?????

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
10 feckn courses?????
They were small courses, it was a “tasting menu”. We quite enjoy them, it’s fun getting lots of things in small quantities that you might not otherwise choose from a menu (anchovies, raw octopus, and smoked eel in this case). I appreciate that some people find eating this way a bit weird. Sometimes we do things a little more “traditional” - today’s main course was beef stew and chips, very good.

We’re in El Puerto de Santa Maria, by the way. I think you were here and parked by the beach. We’re on the camp site and wondering if we’ve done the right thing for once. The place just along the road by the beach does actually look pretty good, only half a dozen vans there. The camp site is a bit like a refugee camp.

Adam b

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
South queensferry
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise carrera4
Exp
Well good news Toby passed his mot with flying colours...mot inspector was raving about the condition underneath for a 14 yr old van with 95000 miles , no leaks or corrosion visible , my high level brake light isn't working but not surprised as that's where it had let water in before. but he just advised to get it looked at View attachment 276556

So then it was back to mum's to pack everything else in to van , fill tanks etc and head off so I'm at Arbroath for the night and I'll tootle up to Aberdeen tomorrow to see jack.

View attachment 276557
New pump seems a little better on pressure but still not as good as franky was.the toilet flush at least works now which is good as it was doing nothing with the old pump and I'm Gonna have my first hymer shower later lol so will see how that goes.

Took jade out for a walk earlier and as we were walking along the prom a couple poked there head out of a rapido and said " are you tam? We seen you on that Motor home fun "

So I've been spotted again. I did ask their name bit he says he's not on it much so maybe just a lurker. Nice rapido motorhome from south queensferry.

Anyway I've just had a nice hot chocolate to warm up, jade is curled up asleep on the passenger seat and I've my eye on a fish supper for tonight's dinner so I'm off to read for a bit :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
They were small courses, it was a “tasting menu”. We quite enjoy them, it’s fun getting lots of things in small quantities that you might not otherwise choose from a menu (anchovies, raw octopus, and smoked eel in this case). I appreciate that some people find eating this way a bit weird. Sometimes we do things a little more “traditional” - today’s main course was beef stew and chips, very good.

We’re in El Puerto de Santa Maria, by the way. I think you were here and parked by the beach. We’re on the camp site and wondering if we’ve done the right thing for once. The place just along the road by the beach does actually look pretty good, only half a dozen vans there. The camp site is a bit like a refugee camp.
Taster menu sounds good it's kind of why I like buffets as you can try lots of stuff.

Yes I liked Puerto santa Maria and it was a great spot right on the beach . nice town too

Can't comment on the campsite as well you know I'm never on them

Is it one of those pallets round the awnings type lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ah so that's you :)

Was nice to meet you..

Can recommend that chippy across the road in stuffed lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Losing the will to live with this water system in this van. Somehow still getting air in the system so bad the water just stops and I can just hear gurgling in the pipes. No signs of leaks no water coming out bottom of van etc so I'm stuck.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Tam

On the water problem, it is just possible that water is draining back to the tank through a faulty non-return valve, but even for that to happen there must be air entering the system above that point or there would be a hydraulic lock preventing it, but that could be just a weak washer on a tap.

More importantly could we please have an update on Mum before you set off, although your Sister will keep you updated I presume.

Geoff

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
Losing the will to live with this water system in this van. Somehow still getting air in the system so bad the water just stops and I can just hear gurgling in the pipes. No signs of leaks no water coming out bottom of van etc so I'm stuck.
Sounds like you have a duff non return valve on the outlet from the pump. This allows the water in the pipes to syphon back into the tank when the pump is not running which means the pump has to fill all the system each time you open a tap. Mine was just a basic pump with no NR valve fitted and I had the same issues as you, bought an inline valve and fitted it in hose just after pump and problem solved.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam

On the water problem, it is just possible that water is draining back to the tank through a faulty non-return valve, but even for that to happen there must be air entering the system above that point or there would be a hydraulic lock preventing it, but that could be just a weak washer on a tap.

More importantly could we please have an update on Mum before you set off, although your Sister will keep you updated I presume.

Geoff
Sounds like you have a duff non return valve on the outlet from the pump. This allows the water in the pipes to syphon back into the tank when the pump is not running which means the pump has to fill all the system each time you open a tap. Mine was just a basic pump with no NR valve fitted and I had the same issues as you, bought an inline valve and fitted it in hose just after pump and problem solved.

Thing is I just fitted a brand new pump with non return valve because I wondered with the last pump if that was the problem.
I'm a little confused with the system as u dint know what this second hose on the top of the tank is for.
20190111_230741.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Second hose is probably the overflow. Sounds like a faulty non return valve to me as well.

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
Make sure the jubilee clips on the pump outlet hose are all really tight as they can let air in and water pressure out. To test the NR valve, pull out the pump and remove discharge hose, then blow down NR valve towards the pump, you should not be able to blow air through it if the valve is good. If you can feel air coming out of the suction filter it is duff.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Too much of a coincedance to have 2 faulty valves and hose coming from pump is full of water, I'm suspecting sticky or faulty microswitches on taps as if you fiddle about with them you can get water and then nothing f

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Thing is I just fitted a brand new pump with non return valve because I wondered with the last pump if that was the problem.
I'm a little confused with the system as u dint know what this second hose on the top of the tank is for. View attachment 276601
Pretty sure my van has a 2nd pump on the hot water side after the boiler i hear what i believe is another pump come on when hot water turned on mine is slightly older van with probably similar heating and boiler might be worth a look if problem occurs only when using hot water side as the cold supply comes directly from tank

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back