Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So now you have road tax are you and Jade taking Toby for a run today?

Perhaps it’s time to start a new headline for Toby’s Travels.
Yes we are heading off for a couple of nights to try him out :)

Not sure whether to wait until we are heading off abroad again in the new year to start a new travel thread as this thread is generally just day to day chit chat as not doing much travelling at the minute but when I set off again it will be another years trip.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aah the online complaints from!! That's if it actually works .
Make sure you save all info before pressing send as the favourite is it just deletes it all. That way you can hunt down another online complaints /email contact & repaste whilst at the same time making another complaint about the complaints system.
You cannot send too many complaints. I used every email addy I could find & continually resent them , as well as complaining to the EU, until they finally replied.
Been there ,done that. Even some of the banks operate the same way. Scum all of them.
Aye I've no faith in them doing anything about it to be honest but it just gets on my nerves how they treat the general public.
Rip off Britain.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I'm just out packing up Toby for a couple of days trip. Opened the main skylight blind and got soaked :(

It would seem I have a leaky skylight , can't be a serious one as the water has been lying in the little grooves in the cover that surrounds the skylight and we have had a lot of rain the last few weeks.
So I've removed the inner panel for now and will leave it till I'm back on Monday or Tuesday and reseal the skylight.

Hopefully not a too wet weekend , suns out and shining just now.
I'm going to pop in to Perthshire motorcaravans for a wee nosey and maybe pick up some dishes for Toby as I left the last ones in Franky as they weren't the right colour

Just got some washing to hang up then I'm heading off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had a leak on our big skylight, it was settling in the lights in the surround.
When you do it, you will need to remove the skylight and that’s got Starloc washers on it that break when removed, so make sure you have them ready. @scotjimland did a post about how he sealed his roof light.

Have a good mini trip away.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I popped in to Perthshire motorcaravans...parked beside another wee hymer in carpark and their little dog and jade had a barking contest while I went in for a look ...lots of rubbish new vans not a patch on Toby lol ...eldiss and autotrail everywhere could get a brand new 6 berth autotrail tribute for 44k lol

Anyway I picked up a dishes set 22.99 and buggerred off.

Stopped at monifieth just now at the beach for lunch ..went to fill the kettle and me water still tastes of citric acid so I can't drink that ...I rinsed the tank out twice too must be with the sloshing around.

Also forgot me butter so a crap lunch of dry bread cheese sandwiches and a glass of milk lol ...I'm gonna have to go shopping which I'd hoped to avoid.

Gonna give jade a wee run then probably head to Arbroath for the night

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well drl's are on all the time with ignition

These aren't they only come on with the side lights.

But if the mot throws up any probs I'll disconnect them and reconnect after:p

But my mot man's quite tame I've had several vans with more lights than this ones got and never had a problem.
On eBay they are listed as 8 led strip light
Doesn't mention anything else.
So I'm just out packing up Toby for a couple of days trip. Opened the main skylight blind and got soaked :(

It would seem I have a leaky skylight , can't be a serious one as the water has been lying in the little grooves in the cover that surrounds the skylight and we have had a lot of rain the last few weeks.
So I've removed the inner panel for now and will leave it till I'm back on Monday or Tuesday and reseal the skylight.

Hopefully not a too wet weekend , suns out and shining just now.
I'm going to pop in to Perthshire motorcaravans for a wee nosey and maybe pick up some dishes for Toby as I left the last ones in Franky as they weren't the right colour

Just got some washing to hang up then I'm heading off

WERENT THE RIGHT COLOUR!!!!

You really are going for first place in hearth and Home!! Lol

DONT FORGET YOUR SCATTER CUSHIONS!!

Five finger death punch,,,, more like FIVE FINGER MANICURE!!!

xxx

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
WERENT THE RIGHT COLOUR!!!!

You really are going for first place in hearth and Home!! Lol

DONT FORGET YOUR SCATTER CUSHIONS!!

Five finger death punch,,,, more like FIVE FINGER MANICURE!!!

xxx
You'll be pleased to know Ian I've bought new colour coordinated scatter cushions and throws to match the blue interior of Toby

Also a full new duvet set lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20181110_120757.jpg

Another hymer at Perthshire motorcaravans
20181110_135301.jpg

Lunch stop at monifieth

20181110_143932.jpg

Jade likes the front seat in Toby...she wasn't keen in Franky
20181110_152948.jpg

Scatter cushions and throws for @ianthebuilder
20181110_152955.jpg

My new colour coded dinner set :p

20181110_153953.jpg

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Your going all soft man, all this matching stuff:D2, you’re be having net curtains next. :eek:
Looking good Tam. Glad your your out and about in it. (y)

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Have stayed on both Tayview and Riverview campsites . Two mile walk into Broughty Ferry with nice wee pubs and cafe/ restaurants. My cousin has a residential van on Tayview, nearly went there for Fri Sat ,and Sun but weather forecast was rotten . Wish I'd gone now .
Sitting on laptop for hours trying to avoid working in house :D. Kitchen estimator not long away so awaiting the expensive message.
Hope you're enjoying being out and about finally.
John

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Your going all soft man, all this matching stuff:D2, you’re be having net curtains next. :eek:
Looking good Tam. Glad your your out and about in it. (y)
Actually it should have had voiles on it but they are missing and I miss them to be honest as they gave a bit of privacy without having blinds shut.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Actually it should have had voiles on it but they are missing and I miss them to be honest as they gave a bit of privacy without having blinds shut.
We fitted tinted plastic to our last van - the sort that you stick on with water so it could be removed at a later date. Quite good for privacy, as long as the light isn’t on.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A lot will depend on what time seller declared it sorn i always give a person till end of day to declare sorn and cancel insurance they can drive it home on their insurance then - same as i ask people when i purchase vehicle only covered 3rd party but there you go - i know it is illegal and a gamble but i'm happy doing it that way
The vehicle only changes hands once the DVLA have been informed of the change of owner ie. when they receive the completed V5. At that point they inform the buyer and refund the seller any remaining RFL. The buyer should at that point tax or SORN the vehicle. So if the vehicle is driven away by the buyer on his insurance any ANPR camera will check tax, insurance, and MoT against the relevant database(s) and all will be in order. If the buyer insures the vehicle at the point of purchase and the seller posts the V5 all is legal and above board.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
What you doing in there? The first things we get rid of are the nets - they remind me of curtain twitching in houses.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Well I popped in to Perthshire motorcaravans...parked beside another wee hymer in carpark and their little dog and jade had a barking contest while I went in for a look ...lots of rubbish new vans not a patch on Toby lol ...eldiss and autotrail everywhere could get a brand new 6 berth autotrail tribute for 44k lol

Anyway I picked up a dishes set 22.99 and buggerred off.

Stopped at monifieth just now at the beach for lunch ..went to fill the kettle and me water still tastes of citric acid so I can't drink that ...I rinsed the tank out twice too must be with the sloshing around.

Also forgot me butter so a crap lunch of dry bread cheese sandwiches and a glass of milk lol ...I'm gonna have to go shopping which I'd hoped to avoid.

Gonna give jade a wee run then probably head to Arbroath for the night
Oh I was born in Arbroath but visited a few years ago but found it really sad and tatty . Wonder if it has improved ? BUT best haggis supper ever by the harbour ! Half a round haggis battered and best chips :) oh and so jealous , smokies , still warm delicious .

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
The vehicle only changes hands once the DVLA have been informed of the change of owner ie. when they receive the completed V5. At that point they inform the buyer and refund the seller any remaining RFL. The buyer should at that point tax or SORN the vehicle. So if the vehicle is driven away by the buyer on his insurance any ANPR camera will check tax, insurance, and MoT against the relevant database(s) and all will be in order. If the buyer insures the vehicle at the point of purchase and the seller posts the V5 all is legal and above board.
You can do all of it online you dont have to send logbook off now so soon as you get the money person drives off go online change vehicle ownership and cancel tax

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You can do all of it online you dont have to send logbook off now so soon as you get the money person drives off go online change vehicle ownership and cancel tax

I know you can - but this is one occasion when snail mail has advantages :).

The vehicle only changes hands once the DVLA have been informed of the change of owner

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh I was born in Arbroath but visited a few years ago but found it really sad and tatty . Wonder if it has improved ? BUT best haggis supper ever by the harbour ! Half a round haggis battered and best chips :) oh and so jealous , smokies , still warm delicious .
I might go on search of that haggis supper.

Speaking to a local from here last year they were complaining that the council in Dundee had been farming out the single mum's and jakey boys to outlying towns like Arbroath which doesn't help .

Nice wee free parking spot here near the harbour though and it's quite popular

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We fitted tinted plastic to our last van - the sort that you stick on with water so it could be removed at a later date. Quite good for privacy, as long as the light isn’t on.
Aye I' did that on my mobilvetta but this van has two sliding windows which aren't the easiest to do

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I might go on search of that haggis supper.

Speaking to a local from here last year they were complaining that the council in Dundee had been farming out the single mum's and jakey boys to outlying towns like Arbroath which doesn't help .

Nice wee free parking spot here near the harbour though and it's quite popular
We parked near the harbour too . Hope the chippy is still there .
The state of the town made me a bit sad . I only have an aunt there now but many happy memories as a child especially as another aunt had a sweetie and tobacconist shop lol

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I just cannae stand folk staring in the van lol

Well stop going to 'dogging' sites lad.

Or set the 'vicious' dog on them.

Best wishes for some improvement with Mum. I am sure Sister, as a professional, and you know that as yet Mum cannot be given enough help at home and anyway she needs medical monitoring and treatment, much as it saddens you to see her like this.

Stay strong for Mum and Sister. I am sure you can, as you have demonstrated in many ways - remember what I said about your thread being your CV? It still holds true.

Geoff

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We parked near the harbour too . Hope the chippy is still there .
The state of the town made me a bit sad . I only have an aunt there now but many happy memories as a child especially as another aunt had a sweetie and tobacconist shop lol
There's about 5 chip shops near the harbour lol was just oot for a wee walk with jade.

Had a poke o chips out the marine takeaway as I've a pizza for later :p

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I just cannae stand folk staring in the van lol
When we had the Kemerton with the dark windows, we were parked in the top car park at the Falkirk wheel. A bus driver was obviously bored and came up to the windows and was peering through with his nose practically touching the glass. I slid along the seat and popped my head up. Never seen anyone jump back so quickly:D I wouldn't be surprised if a little bit of wee came out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back