Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Re your DRLs if they are of an output that they would work as DRLs then they cannot be on with dipped headlights as you are only allowed 1 pair of dips.( unless in reduced viz conditions which they could then be classed as fogs ) Their output needs to be dimmed to be classed as markers on with obligatory headlights @Northernraider :) RVLR 88

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Ok £80 fine for no tax
insurance dont know but if not taxed it is not allowed legally on road for a jolly or a camping weekend - do you really think insurance would pay out if not taxed

I know they are scum but yes they should do. They don't fail to pay out on your house if you haven't paid your council tax , although no doubt in the future they'll be trying too.
Honestly they are a bunch of chancers

Not the word I'd have used .:LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Re your DRLs if they are of an output that they would work as DRLs then they cannot be on with dipped headlights as you are only allowed 1 pair of dips.( unless in reduced viz conditions which they could then be classed as fogs ) Their output needs to be dimmed to be classed as markers on with obligatory headlights @Northernraider :) RVLR 88
I'll just see how I get on with them , they weren't sold as drl lights so not sure how bright they are in comparison.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Your words :D

I think I know why they're now 'markers' but take care because if they're as bright as DRLs your MoT man might have something to say.
Well drl's are on all the time with ignition

These aren't they only come on with the side lights.

But if the mot throws up any probs I'll disconnect them and reconnect after:p

But my mot man's quite tame I've had several vans with more lights than this ones got and never had a problem.
On eBay they are listed as 8 led strip light
Doesn't mention anything else.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So was in seeing mum tonight . She had another mri scan today and a few other things.
The absess around her spine is larger than it was when she first went in and her infection markers are back up too.
To add to that She's now constipated and having trouble with getting to toilet.
Back on morphine now and they are going to attempt to drain this absess at her spine so they'll decide on Monday whether she's being transferred to Edinburgh royal infirmary spinal unit :(
She slept most of the 90 mins I was in seeing her tonight ...she's exhausted

Looking at her at the minute she won't be getting home anytime soon.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So was in seeing mum tonight . She had another mri scan today and a few other things.
The absess around her spine is larger than it was when she first went in and her infection markers are back up too.
Back on morphine now and they are going to attempt to drain this absess at her spine so they'll decide on Monday whether she's being transferred to Edinburgh royal infirmary spinal unit :(

So sorry to hear that Tam . Hope they can sort her out without the move.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Sorry to hear that they're not managing to get your Mum sorted yet Tam,there are a lot of people on here thinking of you both (and the rest of the family) and wishing you all the strength and courage to deal with whatever comes up.
My very best wishes to your Mum Tam.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hasn't Toby got a nice smile
20181109_210111.jpg

Nov 10, 2012
north england
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
Hi Tam.
Dont know if you have mentioned it earlier but which web site or App did you use for finding sites and or parking spots ??
Appreciate the advice.
nmac

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

:hugs:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
How awful for you to see your Mum so unwell. We hope that the hospital can soon get her well enough to return home. She must be longing to meet Jade.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Sorry to read this update on your mum. Try to get away for a night or two if you can ... you need to look after yourself mentally as well as physically so you can help her as and when.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
show me where its written that no tax invalidates your insurance?
Called DVLA as I had not had my C5 through for a new vehicle, they didn't have a record having given them my registration number. I asked them as it was 2 weeks into my ownership should I be concerned? Told me I should not drive it on the road as if they have no record it doesn't have road tax therefore insurance would be invalidated. Although I haven't checked I also recall within my insurance policy statement the insurance policy is in place providing the vehicle is taxed.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
So dvla are adamant they aren't changing the tax to the start of November so I now have to go through their complaints department.

Their argument is because I bought the vehicle in October and sent in the application in October that's when the tax starts.

My argument is the vehicle was sorned off road and I've not been able to use it on their instruction due to their errors. And since it was only processed today 9th Nov that the tax should have started 1st November

Honestly they are a bunch of chancers
If you drove it home it has been on the road with tax not transferrable on a sale - probably been spotted by camera as well - probably easier to bite the bullet on about £16 worth of tax cost more in phone calls if you are not careful

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yeah it's
Yep, apart from a couple of teeth missing.:whistle::D.
A bugger those 2 bulbs have gone out :(
I originally bought these lights for Franky last year but couldn't fit them due to the canbus errors so they rattled around in the garage for a year ...had them all fitted and wired up before putting them on then discovered 2 bulbs out.
Will probably replace the 2 outside lights later on.

Reactions: kip
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you drove it home it has been on the road with tax not transferrable on a sale - probably been spotted by camera as well - probably easier to bite the bullet on about £16 worth of tax cost more in phone calls if you are not careful
Yeah I did drive it home but it's been sorned since then while waiting on taxation class being changed.
It just really annoys me that DVLA are so relaxed with sorting stuff out and just casually say you can't use it. That's a full month sat doing nothing while they piss about with something that really takes 5 mins to do on a computer.

It's an online complaints form so I'm filling it in regardless even if it gets nowhere as it isn't even about the money it's the principle of being forced to pay for compulsory stuff ie mot tax and insurance that all costs us money and a goverment agency being relaxed about wasting nearly 10% of each of them.

Their attitudes stink

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Hi Tam, I'm certainly not defending them having been stuck back in UK for 5 months waiting my lnew license (at 70) but I think like so many organisations these days they are probably greatly understaffed.
Is reviewing all licences at 70 a new thing this year? That alone would cause an enormous work load.
If individual employees allowed themselves to become concerned with the problems of us the general public they would all be going off sick with stress related illnesses.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Yeah I did drive it home but it's been sorned since then while waiting on taxation class being changed.
It just really annoys me that DVLA are so relaxed with sorting stuff out and just casually say you can't use it. That's a full month sat doing nothing while they piss about with something that really takes 5 mins to do on a computer.

It's an online complaints form so I'm filling it in regardless even if it gets nowhere as it isn't even about the money it's the principle of being forced to pay for compulsory stuff ie mot tax and insurance that all costs us money and a goverment agency being relaxed about wasting nearly 10% of each of them.

Their attitudes stink
A lot will depend on what time seller declared it sorn i always give a person till end of day to declare sorn and cancel insurance they can drive it home on their insurance then - same as i ask people when i purchase vehicle only covered 3rd party but there you go - i know it is illegal and a gamble but i'm happy doing it that way

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam, I'm certainly not defending them having been stuck back in UK for 5 months waiting my lnew license (at 70) but I think like so many organisations these days they are probably greatly understaffed.
Is reviewing all licences at 70 a new thing this year? That alone would cause an enormous work load.
If individual employees allowed themselves to become concerned with the problems of us the general public they would all be going off sick with stress related illnesses.
Still no excuse Val
If the goverment makes it law we have to have these things then it's their duty to handle it quickly with as little cost to us as possible.
I resent paying road tax aswell as high fuel duty so I really get annoyed when they rip me off for a month of it bevause of their mistakes in the first place.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A lot will depend on what time seller declared it sorn i always give a person till end of day to declare sorn and cancel insurance they can drive it home on their insurance then - same as i ask people when i purchase vehicle only covered 3rd party but there you go - i know it is illegal and a gamble but i'm happy doing it that way
I sorned the van the day I spoke to the dvla when I got the v5
That was around the 10th of october

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
So now you have road tax are you and Jade taking Toby for a run today?

Perhaps it’s time to start a new headline for Toby’s Travels.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It's an online complaints form so I'm filling it in regardless even if it gets nowhere as it isn't even about the money it's the
Aah the online complaints from!! That's if it actually works .
Make sure you save all info before pressing send as the favourite is it just deletes it all. That way you can hunt down another online complaints /email contact & repaste whilst at the same time making another complaint about the complaints system.
You cannot send too many complaints. I used every email addy I could find & continually resent them , as well as complaining to the EU, until they finally replied.
Been there ,done that. Even some of the banks operate the same way. Scum all of them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back