Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Fair braw at nicht
20181108_175027.jpg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Any photos of the camera and where did you run the wires.
Cheers

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Any photos of the camera and where did you run the wires.
Cheers
You can just see it there below the bike rack in the photo.
I only replaced the existing broken camera and fitted a monitor as it was missing.
The wiring was fortunately still there. I just had to connect them.

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie
I
Nope it's 4 different lights ...the bit you see in the middle is spacing left for symmetry I'm very fussy with that lol

Nice Tam

Are they powered from the 'normal lights'? Cables seem well hidden.

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can't believe I've now had Toby 4 weeks and still haven't been away with him because dvla still have not sorted my tax out

Their service is pathetic...1 months mot and insurance wasted because they haven t a clue what their doing

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Tam, there was a time you could put tax applied for in your windscreen, I suppose it’s changed now but it’s worth asking Dvla.

Mickey

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, there was a time you could put tax applied for in your windscreen, I suppose it’s changed now but it’s worth asking Dvla.

Mickey
The dvla woman last week told me I can't use it on the road until it shows online that it's taxed and I've been checking it everyday and still not taxed.
It's annoying as I want a weekend away

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I would be ringing them three or four times a day, good luck.

Mickey
Trying to get through is a challenge in itself and then you get a jobsworth saying it could take up to 4 weeks.

Thing is last Friday the woman told me she had upped the weight and changed the taxation class and it would now be passed to the department who taxes it.

Now if she had said it would take over another week I'd have told her jist to return the v5 and I could have taxed online quicker than its taking them.

Had it been a local office id have been round kicking up a stink

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Think you are stuck waiting - no current tax insurance will be invalid - pass a fixed camera or mobile camera details will flag straight up and then get costly

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Think you are stuck waiting - no current tax insurance will be invalid - pass a fixed camera or mobile camera details will flag straight up and then get costly
show me where its written that no tax invalidates your insurance?

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
show me where its written that no tax invalidates your insurance?
Ok £80 fine for no tax
insurance dont know but if not taxed it is not allowed legally on road for a jolly or a camping weekend - do you really think insurance would pay out if not taxed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You probably know this but just in case: the DRLs must turn off when you switch on the sidelights.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Ok £80 fine for no tax
insurance dont know but if not taxed it is not allowed legally on road for a jolly or a camping weekend - do you really think insurance would pay out if not taxed
i can insure a vehicle that is sorn so i cant see why not

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Can you not use the green slip new keeper supplement tax it online as it is not in your name yet although still in process with dvla maybe a possibility - worst case you wont be able to do it

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can you not use the green slip new keeper supplement tax it online as it is not in your name yet although still in process with dvla maybe a possibility - worst case you wont be able to do it
It is in my name i received the v5 4 days after I bought it but wrong taxation class so had to send it back to get it changed and they tax it at same time
The green slip is wrong class

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
It is in my name i received the v5 4 days after I bought it but wrong taxation class so had to send it back to get it changed and they tax it at same time
The green slip is wrong class
Should of kept quiet taxed it then queried it - But we are all wiser after event and a good point to remember

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Should of kept quiet taxed it then queried it - But we are all wiser after event and a good point to remember
Yeah but I'm a Scotsman and plg is £255 whereas phgv is £165

Anyway I decided to phone them again there at 4pm cause I wanted away this weekend so I got through to customer services told them I was recording the phone call explained that I've been given the run around through no fault of my own.
From the initial wrong taxation class to the idiot telling me the post office could do it
Then being told it would take 10 days.
then to the woman last week questioning the chassis number which really should have been obvious as zpa isn't a fiat but zfa is
To then being told another team dealt with the road tax side etc.
I told her I had paid a months insurance and wasted a month of a compulsory mot while I waited on the only goverment office I could deal with sorting themselves out.

She stuck me on hold

10 minutes later came back and said the taxation team had my application in front of them and it will be taxed within the next 1/2 hour.

So finally.

Going in to visit mum tonight then I think I'll get away tomorrow for a night or 2 somewhere.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well it seems it's taxed now so I will get away this weekend but I'm going to be phoning them back again on Monday.

Screenshot_20181109-163346_Chrome.jpg

This is the 9th of November how come if paying 12 months tax it can be due on the 1st of October?
The vehicle was sorned and I've been unable to use it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So dvla are adamant they aren't changing the tax to the start of November so I now have to go through their complaints department.

Their argument is because I bought the vehicle in October and sent in the application in October that's when the tax starts.

My argument is the vehicle was sorned off road and I've not been able to use it on their instruction due to their errors. And since it was only processed today 9th Nov that the tax should have started 1st November

Honestly they are a bunch of chancers

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
You probably know this but just in case: the DRLs must turn off when you switch on the sidelights.

They can stay on but have to dim down. Or that’s what mine do and that came with the instructions. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back