Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Where are you in Spain? To be honest I've no idea where I'll be ha ha but there's always a chance

And your probably right on the advice

First thing will be recomendationsfor a scenic relaxed non toll route from Santander to Barcelona area taking maybe a few days to take in some sights on route

We're just outside Totana in the Murcia region and live next door to Camperstop Sierra Espuña, so if you're in need of a washing machine ..........

The Murcia region is in south east Spain about one and a half hours south of Alicante. The Camperstop is handy to stop off when travelling to or from Andalucia/Alicante.

We're in the foothills of the mountains so it's quiet here not like the fleshpots of Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol :LOL:

IMG_20171028_165316416_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We're just outside Totana in the Murcia region and live next door to Camperstop Sierra Espuña, so if you're in need of a washing machine ..........

The Murcia region is in south east Spain about one and a half hours south of Alicante. The Camperstop is handy to stop off when travelling to or from Andalucia/Alicante.

We're in the foothills of the mountains so it's quiet here not like the fleshpots of Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol :LOL:
Ah well yes I'll definitely be near you as alicante and andalucia are on my target areas.

I actually have a date in alicante in March :D2

I have my own washing machine with me ha ha although I think that may have been an impulse buy I've not used it yet and think I'll probably use laundarettes

If anyone wants to buy an unused twin tub mini washing machine lol

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Have a great time , as for batts just buy the biggest heaviest ones lead acid that you can get , i got my 2 110 amp ones from of all places halfords on offer . They have been great for nearly two years long terming .A lot of advice on batts but if you can get them cheap as in half price than the premier brands and they work buy some more when they are used up. Dont think too much into your trip and just enjoy it i say.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning raider,,,,

Do tell about your date in march,,,

Spanish,, ??? Lol. ( will she be able to lift you up ? ). Lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok your your second person to mention go outdoors so I had a look and whadyaknow Theres one in Berwick just round corner from where I'm parked up so I'll saunter round there tomorrow.

Can't beat a good bit of heavy metal when your driving....here have a listen

Give it a month I'll be playing that on my ukelele :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's lovely and relaxing to saunter thru Spain with,,,, lolol. Hope you got paracetamol!! Lol.

Xxx

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just seen your thread Bon Journey, enjoy each day, I look forward to hearing about your travels/adventures.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Have a great trip,looking forward to following your travels,

:party:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's lovely and relaxing to saunter thru Spain with,,,, lolol. Hope you got paracetamol!! Lol.

Xxx
Awwww that wisnae for Spain that's just for the A1 ....im sure I'll have something more appropriate for Spain...

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Have a great trip and remember you can always turn round and come home if your Mum needs you in an emergency, but hopefully you won’t have to.

Or take a flight back if there is somewhere safe to leave the mh

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Morning from cold and windy Berwick.. ..lovely nights sleep really quiet and i was serenaded to sleep by the waves crashing on the shore, was a little windy when I went to bed but like a tornado when I woke up fortunately I was parked in to the wind so didn't have to endure the skylights rattling all night.

The waves have died down now and aren't as spectacular as they were when I arrived which is a shame as I'd liked to have got a few pics last night but here's a few from this morning although they aren't the best I sort of jumped out took them and dived back in to the warmth of franky it's bloody freezing out there brrrrrr
20180106_084732.jpg
20180106_084743.jpg
20180106_084819.jpg
20180106_084832.jpg

I'm off to hunt down go outdoors now batteries are really knackered now not sure they will last much longer

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sadly go outdoors was nae guid..they have batteries but the biggest the have is 95ah and the poles are in the wrong places as in they are like car batteries either side whereas mine are on one side.
I suppose if I was stuck they would do but I'd rather get the right ones as they weren't a bargain at £154 each

The quest continues

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Safe travels Tam, I will be watching you. Try taking a screenshot on google maps of all your stopovers. Post us some nice sunshine pics. (y)

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Sadly go outdoors was nae guid..they have batteries but the biggest the have is 95ah and the poles are in the wrong places as in they are like car batteries either side whereas mine are on one side.
I suppose if I was stuck they would do but I'd rather get the right ones as they weren't a bargain at £154 each

The quest continues
If you are going via the M5 have a look at Battery Megastore in Tewkesbury. Less than half a mile from motorway and an extra £5 discount if you collect.
Have a great trip, I am also looking forward to your posts and photos.
A bit of rain here in Roquetas at the moment but it won't last.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Looking forward to reading your posts have fun

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Safe travels Tam, I will be watching you. Try taking a screenshot on google maps of all your stopovers. Post us some nice sunshine pics. (y)
Thanks sandra never thought of that with the stopovers ill try and remember in morning.

I did place an order for sunshine but it hasn't arrived yet ....must be the Christmas post but I'm sure it will arrive soon.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you are going via the M5 have a look at Battery Megastore in Tewkesbury. Less than half a mile from motorway and an extra £5 discount if you collect.
Have a great trip, I am also looking forward to your posts and photos.
A bit of rain here in Roquetas at the moment but it won't last.
I'll bare that in mind it was them I spotted on eBay but I'm over the other side of country just now.
@Northernraider
Alpha Battery
197 miles from you(Berwick)
110, Spotland Bridge Mill, Mellor St, Rochdale OL11 5BU
Broken Link Removed:
Open today 10:00am to 1 pm · Broken Link Removed: 01706 356356

https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/leisure-batteries/
Thanks for that I saw them on eBay too reckon they are my best bet , although don't want to go that far down today I'll probably amble through a bit of Yorkshire today.

Forgot it was weekend though so doubt they will be open tomorrow but I'll give them a ring on the off chance

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Northernraider Probably does have , but would also want top dollar , as anyone with MoHo/RV is obviously loaded .

Well I've come up stumped anyway I've phoned 4 places in Newcastle area, tyneside motor homes,United British caravans, marquis and camper northeast all have leisure batteries but the biggest they have is 110.

No drama they will survive for now and I'll pick some up in a day or two when im further down

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I replaced my leisure batteries with 110ah after nearly rupturing myself getting the bigger ones out. Haven't noticed any problems with the smaller capacity and they are quite a bit lighter and not such a tight squeeze getting them in and out.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you were coming through Norfolk, I could order them for you for next day delivery from Tayna ... maybe there is another Funster on your route who would be able to get them for you.
That's a nice offer thanks but it's ok I've spoke to the dude at alphabatteries I won't get there today as I'm not rushing but I'll pop in there on Monday and replace like for like to the ones fitted , it might be worth me mentioning to him that these ones are less than 3 years old and were supplied by him so you never know I may wangle a discount:p
I'll try anyway.

It's got well sunny now just as I came through Newcastle so although I've passed it many times I've never stopped and thought I'd go visit angel........of the north that is

And jeeso it's mahoosive when you stand under it , I had to walk to Darlington to take a photo and get both wings in :D2

20180106_114058.jpg
20180106_114252.jpg
20180106_114307.jpg
20180106_114421.jpg

You'll notice the large amount of clothes ....i sincerely hope this reduces the further south I go

I have my eye on a little spot for tonight's base at redmire station north Yorkshire
That gives me tomorrow to explore a bit and I'll head to Rochdale Monday morning :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back