Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2017
scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017
Just saw this and soooo jealous!! Look forward to following you. All the best and good luck on your travels. Have a 'guid yin'- ya lucky bawbag!!:D:D2. Oops, soz - that's my jealousy showing thru:rolleyes:.

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
Hey, good luck, hope you get your batteries sorted out :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Don't forget to take your old batteries to a scrappy and weigh them in if you get the chance. Mony a mickle, maks a muckle ! (y)
I'm hoping I can wangle an exchange deal from alpha batteries as they supplied these ones to the last owner. Don't want to be carrying the extra weight if I can avoid it lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I've found myself a nice wee quiet spot for tonight not far from leyburn.
There's a nice castle a few miles away I might go take a look at tommorrow if it's fair.
Parked here and it started bloody snowing lol but lovely views
20180106_154654.jpg
20180106_151923.jpg

And a Google map shot for @irnbru
Screenshot_20180106-151343.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lovely morning here in redmire ....there was quite a nice sunrise but freezing outside so I hid in bed and then it was gone when I got up.....temperature plummeted over night and heavy frost on ground this morning but a lovely sunny morning.
Fuelled up on coffee and banana sandwiches and I'm off to find this castle I see signs for.

Lovely quiet spot this for an overnight with only the wildlife for company
20180107_101223.jpg
20180107_101246.jpg

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Lovely spots, but a genuine question, where are you finding to get water and dump the bog? Never struggled in Europe, but in the uk???

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lovely spots, but a genuine question, where are you finding to get water and dump the bog? Never struggled in Europe, but in the uk???
I only left on Friday I've 150litre fresh water 130 litre grey and 2 x toilet cassettes
I can usually survive 8 days wild before needing to empty and refill....probably be the first aire in Spain :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I forgot just how truly beautiful Yorkshire is ( this part anyway) from it's idyllic unspoilt villages to the rolling dales the babbling Brooks rivers and stream to the odd stunning castle Abbey or church ...even the buildings scattered amongst the fields for the sheep etc are stone built and add to the scenery , not to mention the absolute miles of dry stone dykes that I can only imagine how much time take to build...it really is a stunning part of the country.
It's almost a shame that the quaint wee villages are ruined by all the modern cars parked around them.
It's a pleasure just to amble on through them and I've been blessed with a quiet Sunday free of tailgaters. It's a gorgeous sunny day mixed with frost and remnants of snow

Beautiful.....just beautiful.
20180107_102706.jpg
20180107_102920.jpg

Look at the work someone's done making this log in to an alligator lol .....brilliant
20180107_103124.jpg
20180107_105850.jpg

How awesome would this old bus be converted in to a motorhome.....id love it
20180107_112255.jpg
20180107_112351.jpg
20180107_120345.jpg

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
I'm glad gods country is to your liking sometimes I miss it ever so much.... but ... the world is a big place and it rests to us to spread the gospel of roaming. I will be following your rambles with interest dashed with a healthy dose of jealousy. I look forward to many many more photos, bon voyage

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that turned in to an interesting afternoon.....i was looking for another overnight stop so I didn't have far to go to Rochdale in morning so I spotted this area " the forest of trawden" and thought I'd check it out for potential stopovers. Came upon a road that just looked a little too steep and narrow with ice on it so decided to quit while I was ahead and back up to a field entrance I'd passed and turn around. Only the sun was so bright I couldn't see sod all in the camera monitor and before you knew it I was off the road and the passenger front wheel was in the air....totally stuck and brought the road to a standstill.

Serious panick and various attempts at passers by shoving me and trying to put stuff under the front wheel to get traction....all failed then I was rescued by a guy in a Suzuki vitara jeep ....never been so thankful to see a 4x4 in my life....turns out he has a motorhome a 40yr old Merc.
Disaster availed.
So I'm now sat in Sainsbury's carpark in Burney trying to slow my heart rate down
Of all the narrow off route tracks I've been on all over ive never managed that before ...poor franky was beside herself.

Now I've gotta find somewhere to park up tonight

Last edited:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Well that turned in to an interesting afternoon.....i was looking for another overnight stop so I didn't have far to go to Rochdale in morning so I spotted this area " the forest of trawden" and thoight I'd check it out for potential stopovers. Came upon a road that just looked a little too steep and narrow with ice on it so decided to suit whike I was ahead and back up to a field entrance I'd passed and turn around. Only the sun was so bright I couldn't see sod all in the camera monitor and before you knew it I was off the road and the passenger front wheel was in the air....totally stuck and brought the road to a standstill.

Serious pannick and various attempts at passers by shoving me and trying to put stuff under the front wheel to get traction....all failed then I was rescued by a guy in a Suzuki vitara jeep ....never been so thankful to see a 4x4 in my life.
So I'm now sat in Sainsbury's carpark in Burney trying to slow my heart rate down
Of all the narrow off route tracks I've been on all over ive never managed that before ...poor franky was beside herself.

:eek:

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754

What's wrong with Sainsburys?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I hope no lasting damage has been done. Put it down to a learning curve.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh heck @Northernraider thats seriously scary, :whew: glad you got out unscathed there was not a suitable icon, really needs a sympathy icon.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wanted to grab a photo just to show how serious that was but felt stupid taking pics when all these cars were held up.

But front passenger wheel was 6 inches off the ground and the back end was hanging down an embankment I really thought it was going on its side.

But no damage from what I can see but couldn't get the towhook back out will need to do that in the morning.
Found a quiet spot in the woods at sabden so should be a quiet night and looks a good view for in morning:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back