Taking food into the EU (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We have a fairly low payload we also have a french speaking grandson who also has a bit of Spanish language skills.
there not much food wich we have to compromise on but when away we normally just adapt
You can get most thing out their cabbage brockly spuds cheeses fresh milk all kinds wine spirits beers tinned foods
tinned meet spam corn beef peppers all the salad stuff you need
OK bacon i do miss but your on holiday if you want to live like you do at home sell the van just stay home.
Your going to different country's live as they do dont take the stress with you just
enjoy the experience
a few french thing's you can buy fresh milk /lait frais /potatoes/ pommes de terre/ cabige/ Occupé google is your friend
Shop with your eyes it thaire just a bit harder to find if you dont speak french try to usually once you have made a bit of a attempt sum-one comes in to rescue you
bill
Who needs Bacon when one can get half inch thick slices of Jambon/Jamon??? :Grin:

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I wonder if it’s going to affect Morrison’s sales in Gibraltar as myself and I’m sure a lot of others nip across when we are in the area. Shame as usually after a few weeks I’m ready for a pork pie Oh well empanadas it is then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I don't think I'd risk the EU marking my card, along with the delay and paperwork of being caught with prohibited goods So I wouldn't bother. That said It will be a different matter if they ban Yorkshire Tea. I'd become one of the countries top smugglers then.
Not the same without Yorkshire water.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
The first time I went to Spain the hotel had 'English Breakfast'..........

The 'bacon' had hairs on the skin and the fried eggs were almost raw.........I ate it though (y)

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I wonder if it’s going to affect Morrison’s sales in Gibraltar as myself and I’m sure a lot of others nip across when we are in the area. Shame as usually after a few weeks I’m ready for a pork pie Oh well empanadas it is then.

I made pork pies a couple of weeks ago, using French pork - and they tasted remarkably like pork pies as we know and love them! :dance2:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Aldi in Spain sell Mature Cheddar and Vintage Cheddar.

Photo of the Mature Cheddar. The vintage one has a blue cow!
16091695199438271146539590090553.jpg

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Nor are Yorkshire puddings
Yorkshire tea makes a grate cup of tea with any water that's why i used to take Yorkshire tea every where i went weather it be the jungles of the world or the deserts of sum far flung sxxit hole even Siberia made with melted snow even boiled fizzy water the nearest they have to spring water
keep taking your Yorkshire tea Jim
bill

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
WELL !! Apart from a few emergency bits, tins of this and that, WHY ,,bother .The beauty of touring is to find and enjoy other countries foods and culture ,,is it not ?? All part of an adventure .Stop near that country village when you see the 'old Girl/bloke' wandering along with their carrier bag stuffed with 'local' produce and avail yourself of it all. Visit the market square and have a Coffee and Pastry etc .It's ALL part of life's rich experience !!

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
There are loads of "British Supermarkets"...."Icelands" in Spain & Portugal which are fully stocked with British produce just like home.... just keep a receipt and say you purchased it there....how would anyone be able to prove otherwise....i honestly think some people just love to look for things to worry about...

Feb 4, 2009
Vale Of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F70
Exp
What with covid being around are they going to take food of the lorry drivers, can't see them pulling into a lidl to do some shopping.
Peter.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Funnily enough, I’m a grown up and I’ll take the risk 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Excellent reply, we are all adults we can all choose to ignore rules we are requested to follow or not as the case maybe, I guess it’s personal values that guide our decisions.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
What with covid being around are they going to take food of the lorry drivers, can't see them pulling into a lidl to do some shopping.
Peter.
They do actually and stop to buy their bread. You must have seen them on your travels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back