Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
@Blue Knight.@Cheshirecat57. I went up Sunday as my son was working on the Adria stand for Bristol Caravans. Disappointed that Pilote did not have a PVC on display. Went to the Danbury stand, (now owned by Pilote) and they had some Fiat based PVC and when I looked at them you could see the Pilote build in them. Spoke to the sales team from Danbury who’s factory is only a couple of miles from our home to be told there are things in the pipe line.

Bedspring

Free Member
Aug 31, 2017
Funster No
Update to post;-
Search is Over
We have bought an Adria Twin 640 SLB at the show....it is a March build slot

I can sleep now

Congratulations. Is that the one with the posh bowl sink, and where the entire shower wall swings overs to hide the bog?

What happens with your trade in. Has it gone. Do they allow you to keep it and allow you a certain number of miles. I f they have offered you X I guess that will be in a certain condition and mileage?
Also is the price now fixed, say the euro shifted 15% one way or the other, could the price go up or down?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
@Blue Knight.@Cheshirecat57. I went up Sunday as my son was working on the Adria stand for Bristol Caravans. Disappointed that Pilote did not have a PVC on display. Went to the Danbury stand, (now owned by Pilote) and they had some Fiat based PVC and when I looked at them you could see the Pilote build in them. Spoke to the sales team from Danbury who’s factory is only a couple of miles from our home to be told there are things in the pipe line.

Funny you should mention that as we spent a while looking for the Foxy van on the Pilote stand only to be told that all of the Pilote PVCs were now being marketed by Danbury in the UK.

Nicky and I popped over to the Danbury team expecting to see something like our current Pilote van but everything looked completely different compared to the Pilote brochures - we didn't like them and left 2-minute later.

I like the Pilote Foxy in its original Pilote livery but the Danbury stuff did nothing for me I'm afraid.

All the best,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Funny you should mention that as we spent a while looking for the Foxy van on the Pilote stand only to be told that all of the Pilote PVCs were now being marketed by Danbury in the UK.

Nicky and I popped over to the Danbury team expecting to see something like our current Pilote van but everything looked completely different compared to the Pilote brochures - we didn't like them and left 2-minute later.

I like the Pilote Foxy in its original Pilote livery but the Danbury stuff did nothing for me I'm afraid.

All the best,

Andrew
I posted to that effect on Sept 25th, Im sure I read it in one of the "comics"

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Congratulations. Is that the one with the posh bowl sink, and where the entire shower wall swings overs to hide the bog?

What happens with your trade in. Has it gone. Do they allow you to keep it and allow you a certain number of miles. I f they have offered you X I guess that will be in a certain condition and mileage?
Also is the price now fixed, say the euro shifted 15% one way or the other, could the price go up or down?

Hi
Price of Adria is FIXED, I believe they have the slots booked at the current price list in sterling
Trade in is based on being with them in March at an agreed mileage then, and in same condition as now (Mint)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I posted to that effect on Sept 25th, Im sure I read it in one of the "comics"

I don't quite understand the system in all honesty. The Pilote vans are now distributed under the Danbury banner but with that in mind I was told by one guy that I could opt for an imported van with the Pilote livery - just too complicated for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I don't quite understand the system in all honesty. The Pilote vans are now distributed under the Danbury banner but with that in mind I was told by one guy that I could opt for an imported van with the Pilote livery - just too complicated for me.
I really don’t understand their thinking on that one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back