Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
1. What is this? It was in the wardrobe of our MH when we bought it. The only thing I can think of is it's some kind of siphon for the water system, but happy to be proved wrong

IMAG0380.jpg

2. I take it the two pipes below are one for the water flow to pump and accessories and the other is an overflow. But how effective is the overflow as the thread on the inspection hole doesn't look particularly watertight.

Also I guess the three wires are for the water level meter, are these that accurate?

IMAG0377.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0380.jpg
    IMAG0380.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 4

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I think the top picture is of a water pipe to connect a tap to a free standing water container. You can then connect the water container to the motorhomes fresh water tank and pump it in.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Photo 1. I'm pretty sure that it's a simple water pipe to fit on to a tap on site to fill up a water container for a top up if you don't want to move your van for a complete fill up.

Other no idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Top one is "universal" tap connector to fill container. Pushes over tap and usually needs to be held in place while in use.
Don't know the second for certain but I believe you are right. I have an Autocruise Stargazer and the water meter readings are pretty accurate - if on level ground.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Is it an enema tube? Be careful how you handle it and where you put it.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
coach Built
Exp
we are newbies
I once worked with an submariner who served during WW2. When on watch in the conning tower they had a device like this attached to the side for "personal comfort"
It was called the pigs ear, and as they had to ask to use it the phrase was "permission to use the pigs ear sir"

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The first image isn't anything to do with the MH at all, it's just something that someone has left in it and is used as mentioned previously to push onto a tap to fill a container.

The second one (which I'm assuming was taking looking 'down' onto the tank and the tank isn't mounted that way!) is as you've described - just make sure the cap on the tank is definitely screwed down well so that it can't leak (had that NOT fun!!!); the gauges are pretty good usually unless they have a build up of lime on the probes in the tank but you can easily check that by removing the cap and having a shuftie if it plays up.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I once worked with an submariner who served during WW2. When on watch in the conning tower they had a device like this attached to the side for "personal comfort"
It was called the pigs ear, and as they had to ask to use it the phrase was "permission to use the pigs ear sir"
I did wonder at first when the OP said it was in the wardrobe if it was an 'emergency use' item in case the owner got the washroom and wardrobe mixed up! My hubby, half asleep, once tried to climb into our wardrobe at home whilst trying to get to the toilet ... fortunately he didn't 'perform'!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
barracudabus

barracudabus

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Can you post a picture of the water filling poit, it's possible that you have an aquaroll type fitting.
images.jpg

This is the same as mine, as far as I'm aware it's just a standard point as its like all the ones we had on our Hymers as a kid

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back