Rally Stratford Motorhome Show (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
20160618_200118.jpg
20160618_200102.jpg
20160618_200022.jpg
20160618_193404.jpg
20160618_191816.jpg
20160618_191709.jpg
20160618_164329-1.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The craft market is in full swing at the marina as you enter the town if anyone interested.
20160619_114914.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Aren't they a lovely couple!(y)

And glad to see holey crocs are out and no wellys!!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Left Stratford this morning and have to say that Appletree couldn't have picked a worse weekend weatherise to take over the event from Stone Leisure. Despite being very amenable Appletree, are going to have to seriously reappraise their logistic strategy if they are serious about growing the show year on year. Despite putting a comedian on and a couple of acts who sang along to backing tracks, their accumen of running a big camp site left a little bit to be desired. When we had the deluges of rain most people had to sink or swim with no assistance from the organisers.

The one and only access/egress road (not under water) to the Funster pitches was lined with traders and all their paraphinalea making vehicular access nigh on impossible. Had there been a need for emergency vehicles to attend, it would have been pandemonium. Two elsan disposal points were totally inadequate for so many vans IMO, one of them necessitating walking past food catering vans with cassettes full of effluent and their attendant smell.

We were told we had to get over the race track last night if we wanted to be assured of a departure before 5pm today. The crossing over the racetrack resembled rice pudding and I would imagine by tomorrow there will be one or two vans getting stuck in the mulch. They needed a portable trackway to carry so many vehicles. Many RV's were stuck and left largely to their own devices to get off the mud.

PS Raining in Dorset

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Well... The Tonka mobile made it out of the lake on first attempt and now home... :)

Great week, thanks to everyone inc Marshalls, the band / acts, people who bought food for the Jacobs table.
Special one off thanks to @Popeye for my bottle of Toffee apple cider.. Nice but cant be having to much of that !

New organisers "Appletree" are a really friendly and helpful bunch. Weather was a dampener for this show but fingers crossed it will get better for them in future years. Rumour is that several vans were sold so dealers happy..

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Have to agree with Steve "Tonka", had a great weekend in spite of the weather. Good company and good entertainment. Apple tree had a good try for their first event here and can only wish them a lot more luck in the future. Thanks to Pam and Brian for opening the gate on the racecourse crossing on the way out.(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well... The Tonka mobile made it out of the lake on first attempt and now home... :)

Great week, thanks to everyone inc Marshalls, the band / acts, people who bought food for the Jacobs table.
Special one off thanks to @Popeye for my bottle of Toffee apple cider.. Nice but cant be having to much of that !

New organisers "Appletree" are a really friendly and helpful bunch. Weather was a dampener for this show but fingers crossed it will get better for them in future years. Rumour is that several vans were sold so dealers happy..
Agree with Steve here......

.....considering the short notice they did a pretty good job and I'm sure will be better organised for next year. I think we were all very unlucky with the weather and the flooding on what was normally well drained and non boggy ground. We had a good time despite the weather but big thanks to @Hyacinth 1 and Steve, plus @tonka and @Gromett for their help in getting the fiesta roadworthy after its disappearance down a big pothole on the racecourse crossing.

The stewards at the rally were unfailingly cheerful and very helpful. We will be back

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011

Totally agree with Tonka, Appletree did all they could. Any show would have suffered with that amount of water.
Thanks to the marshals Brisey, Pam, Dave, Polly and the band. Also to Steve who dragged my Moroc mat upto the the higher ground. Bill thanks for washing the mud off. Did we have fun, of course we did.
See you all soon.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Given the 2 weeks notice that Appletree had to organise the show, they did very well :hi5:
The weather was unfortunate and beyond anyone's control,
And I'm sure, we've camped in worse :rofl:
They have a year to organise the next show, and I for one, as well as many others, will be back.
The ABBA band may well have been miming, but they were entertaining.
A lot of people sang and danced along, and I particularly enjoyed the comedian, him being a London boy :Eeek:
I heard that the previous nights entertainment featuring Tom Jones was excellent.
There was always the private room available, kindly laid on by Appletree for funsters who wanted to stay nearer the vans.
As for getting stuck, if you needed help, you only had to ask, as with any other show, but being in a twin rear wheeler, I was OK :wink:
If we're lucky, we might get two weeks next year. :cheers:
The funster musicians were brilliant as always, with @canopus playing a particularly mean tambourine :clap2::clap2:
And always good to catch up with other Funsters - roll on Bagwell
:party::party::party::party:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
First of all a huge thank you to our Fun Marshalls @Brisey Brian,& Pamela and, @toledo Dave & Polly for the outstanding effort in making the week run so smoothly despite exceptional circumstances in true Fun Fashion everyone joined in and made lite of what were challenging conditions
We had two excellent nights in the Hall kindly provided by Appletree for sole Funsters use a great evening of Funs got talent and a evening with the Funsters Band who as always were Fabulous thank you.
I have to also add my thanks to Paul at Appletree for the help and patience offered to everyone, considering the unprecedented weather and the short amount of time they had taken it over from Stone Leisure I don't see Appletree could have done more we are very much looking forward to next year's meet and watching the show go from strength to strength.
Finally I would like to thank all the Funsters who made our granddaughter Emily so welcome who along with Sophie went around like a pair of twins.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Now back home after another good week in Stratford. The weather was appalling but it didn't dampen our spirits, we had good nights in the funster hall despite having to swim back to the van. Many thanks to the marshals, Brisey and Pamalaar, Dave and Polly, for all their hard work in difficult conditions. The funster band was excellent on Saturday night and kept us all entertained in true funster fashion. I feel sorry for Appletree that the show was a bit of a washout, but they were on a losing battle after that deluge on Thursday night. Overall a good week and we look forward to Stratford next year.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Thanks to the marshalls dave and the funster band we had a great time as usual with the funsters yes the weather wasn't what you would choose but we all just got on with it
We left this morning with no problems at all looking forward to next time and meeting up
at bagwell to have more fun .jan & mike

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Still raining heavily ... @Nirvanauk s fault apparently.

Still had great meet .. brill ..lovely people. . Lots of us just stood naked outside our vans with soap and saved water .. communal showers al fresco. Was fun.

Reactions: Les

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Lots of us just stood naked outside our vans with soap and saved water .. communal showers al fresco. Was fun.

Was that you Joy, I didn't dare open my eyes in case @Tootles had dropped in and was showering naked with the rest of us, don't drop the soap whatever ya do.

Well it's Monday morning and we're still here along with a couple of others including @funflair Jen and Martin, he's well-'ard. At this very moment he's outside applying the Black-Streak remover shouting up at the heavens
............"Is this all you've got?"

I've just made the tea, the weather this morning is amazing, that is to say I'm amazed at the ferocity of the stair rods hitting the roof. There can't be much more water up there can there?

Lovely to see you all again, brilliant job done by Dave and Polly and Brisey and my sweetheart Paaaaammellaar.

We met some new to us faces, @tonka , thanks buddy, we'll meet again, @Julie S , and her fabulous Woofer, and @Geo and Pammy. Sorry I missed your departure Geo, another great couple with an amazing Dog.

We're on our way to Lyndon Top now thanks to @DavidG58 for a couple of nights before heading up to meet another crop of Fun-buddies at Misterton.

Only sad part is Karl @Gromett has been here and I didn't get to meet him and very best wishes to @Jim Sian & Katie, these shows are not quite the same without you guys.

Thanks all...... Jackie and Griff.

Last edited:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Glad we made it to firm ground (and over the race course) yesterday!

A huge THANKYOU to the marshals and everyone who contributed to a fun week including the band, people who supplied yummy food, Popeyes Port :winky: Tonka for sorting the footie etc., etc. Lovely to catch up with existing friends and make some new ones.

The weather could have been better but under the circumstances I echo others who said Appletree did their best considering, I hope it hasn't put them off doing next year.

See some of you at Bagwell :smiley:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
We left early:( - broken awning leg and bed support foot to mend before Misterton:) Thanks to Brisey and Pamelaar, Dave and Polly. We finished up alone on a reasonably dry mound surrounded by water and all the vans around us had headed off to higher ground so we decided once we got moving to head off home. We heard that Appletree had only a few weeks to set things up so hopefully next year will be much better organised.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry if we woke you sneaking out this morning @Popeye.

Over the racecourse OK and now in Birmingham at in laws.

Nice to meet up with old and new faces and pleased most people if not everybody got out of the field without any problems.

Thanks to the marshalls.

Martin

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry I missed you @Popeye Everytime I considered getting out of the van it started raining and my wellies have a hole. I ended up hibernating most of the week. Although I did get to chat to a few people and had a great night on Friday night.

Thanks to the Marshals and to everyone who made it fun in spite of the weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back