St Brieuc - 2 hours of my life I will never get back (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We've been doing a mini tour of Brittany and chose St Brieuc as tonight's stopover - big mistake !!
We found the locals very unhelpful while driving through and the number of full timers taking up the designated parking spaces was annoying. I don't have an issue with full timers, but ANYONE staying more than 48 hours (pref 24) should lead to being moved on or fines if they don't.
The Aire by the quay now has height barrier and one of the replacement aires was full of roadwork trucks (seems to have been a recurring theme).
So four Aires tried, not a chance on any of them. I don't have a problem with first come first served but when spaces are occupied by scooters, trailers and vehicles that haven't moved for weeks by the look of it, I think it's not quite 'right'.

So St Brieuc may be one to avoid, I know I won't be back!

So we moved on to Le Port De Dinan, parked up under the bridge. Didn't realise how nice (and steeped in history) Dinan is.

Noticed a little tourist train that goes past the Aire (free overnight €0.60 per half hour between 9am and 7pm. We paid for past 7pm and expected just to lose the money, but it was added on to tomorrow's time, so we start paying again from 0920 as opposed to 0900!

There are supposed to be 38 spaces but I counted about 25 marked bays though there does seem to be a grassed area a bit further down. You really do need levellers though if you choose to come here!

///servants.enhanced.monument

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes nice old town , there used to be a free Aire in Lanvallay just across the bridge but sadly that’s now gone, I don know if it’s been replaced.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Saint Lunaire has (or had) a nice aire and fabulous beach.
Not sure if it's changed, it's a few years since we were there.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not a fan of Brittany I'm afraid, all very nice but just a dear Cornwall and Devon, what I have seen of it , don't see the attraction I'm afraid, when you can just go south and get better weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not a fan of Brittany I'm afraid, all very nice but just a dear Cornwall and Devon, what I have seen of it , don't see the attraction I'm afraid, when you can just go south and get better weather.
It's hard to beat for safe sandy beaches :giggle:
The south coast is quite a long way, and I don't know the west coast - yet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back