Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
7.5t Lorry
Exp
Zilch
Go in at night with a baseball bat and start swinging. I'm sure if you persuade them enough they'll leave without a court order. Worst thing they did was inform the police. Why would the law bother people who broke the law in the first place.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Go in at night with a baseball bat and start swinging. I'm sure if you persuade them enough they'll leave without a court order. Worst thing they did was inform the police. Why would the law bother people who broke the law in the first place.

Thought has crossed my mind to get some TA lads n lasses in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Think your fingers slipped on keyboard - did you mean SAS?
Only SAS I knew have passed away.

I know some high ranking cops, sadly only in the UK.

But I am informed you should not intimidate illegal occupiers who have broken into your property!. Even as far as not blocking your driveway if they have a car on your drive !.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Aparently its becoming a bit of a problem and they anticipate worse to come😬
Yes if they know the law here it is extremely difficult to get them out.You can't cut off services ,etc;
Personally I wouldn't be phased by using force to get them out even if it came down to the police as well.
At the end I wouldn't hesitate to burn the property down.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Yes if they know the law here it is extremely difficult to get them out.You can't cut off services ,etc;
Personally I wouldn't be phased by using force to get them out even if it came down to the police as well.
At the end I wouldn't hesitate to burn the property down.
I’m putting you on my Army list !

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
On the other hand.... if a place is left empty for months or even years as someone has bought the place to appreciate in value I can see no problem in a homeless family having somewhere to live. Flats in London owned by oligarchs springs to mind. Empty places worth millions and outside some poor sod has to sleep in a doorway. As to someone’s suggestion on this thread that he would burn the place down, that would gain nobody anything would it. Except a few years for arson.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
On the other hand.... if a place is left empty for months or even years as someone has bought the place to appreciate in value I can see no problem in a homeless family having somewhere to live. Flats in London owned by oligarchs springs to mind. Empty places worth millions and outside some poor sod has to sleep in a doorway. As to someone’s suggestion on this thread that he would burn the place down, that would gain nobody anything would it. Except a few years for arson.
Really Oh Please!
So I work hard, buy myself a little Spanish retreat.... and it’s OK for squatters to move in..... you obviously don’t own more than one property

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
That’s not what I said. I don’t own more than one property but I don’t see why that is relevant. I also don’t understand why burning it to the ground would gain you anything.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As to someone’s suggestion on this thread that he would burn the place down, that would gain nobody anything would it. Except a few years for arson.
I own my house.I live here.If I came home & found squatters they would be better off shooting themselves.
That’s not what I said. I don’t own more than one property but I don’t see why that is relevant. I also don’t understand why burning it to the ground would gain you anything.
It isn't a question of gaining anything, just removing someone who has had the temerity or audacity to even think that they can do that to anything that I own. It would certainly be far more than a few years as I wouldn't be leaving any of them breathing.
I personally cannot understand anyone who tries to justify any type of squatting.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I would get another couple of squaters.😉😉 to move in and make life hell 4 them until they moved out 😈.the new squaters could not be moved by the cops either.
Then your mates move out when they leave.😅.

Cheers cris.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I would get another couple of squaters.😉😉 to move in and make life hell 4 them until they moved out 😈.the new squaters could not be moved by the cops either.
Then your mates move out when they leave.😅.

Cheers cris.
Bugger if they then refuse to move out how many friends have you got ...:LOL:

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Thank you all for your replies.

Maybe, we should think of it this way.

Yes, we do have a second/family home in Spain. Last years total occupancy was over 40 weeks.

So, lets consider. If some of you reading this, left their UK (or other main residence)/ home for more than 24 hours. To go away, wether that be in your motorhome or other stay away. Imagine coming back to find aforementioned Squatters or Okupadas had........

Broken into your home
Changed the locks
Were using your Gas, water and electricity (that you are not allowed to disconnect)
Sleeping in your beds, using your appliances and so on.

Consider it........

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i must be stupid...caus i dont get it! why that is not breaking and entering; trespass; theft ( of utilities ); criminal damage.

i would be absolutely beside myself with anger and disbelief.
and
that would be at the occupant and the police if they would do nothing.

I would have to do something!!! what i dont know! as i hope i am never ever in that position.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
which ever way you look at it.... its expensive and lengthy and frustrating.

seems the answer may be ;;;; to fit "Anti-squatter doors’ or ‘Puertas Anti-Okupas " as soon as you own a property.

I dont know if thats practical or effective.......

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
which ever way you look at it.... its expensive and lengthy and frustrating.
seems the answer may be ;;;; to fit "Anti-squatter doors’ or ‘Puertas Anti-Okupas " as soon as you own a property.
I dont know if thats practical or effective.......

Or you have a Spanish neighbour they have to get past with a big dog and a shotgun - like I do... (y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
im affraid its the classic.. they can break the law and falsely use your property and goods .... but you cannot break the same law to recover it.
In Spain anyway.

as i understand it the law in the UK is somewhat different.
quote!!
Squatting in residential buildings (like a house or flat) is illegal. It can lead to 6 months in prison, a £5,000 fine or both.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The problem is mainly in the many empty villas, some are very secluded or just other empty villas around them, since we have owned our apartment we did have some bloke living at the top of one of the lift shafts. 😯

Then a few weeks ago, we had some in our block, me and another chap threw them out, it turned out one of the cleaners daughters stole the keys and moved in with her boyfriend, a lot of shouting but they walked out, 😉 something they wouldn't have done if they got in mine. 🤔 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back