Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
If you have a spare villa and you can accommodate a 7.5 m motorhome we will gladly get rid of your squatters.... all I will ask is you fill the beer fridge and give us a free place to park lol 😂

Booking line will be open soon lol 😂

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
What a stupid post. I don’t even get it.
I don't see why its a stupid post!

Its easy to be an armchair hardman but somewhat different on the ground. How many are they? Are they Spanish? Have they got mates in the police? If they are switched on they will film and record any attempt to repossess the property illegally and call the police. People who do this are often switched on to the law and do it professionally.

I've had it happen to a let property over here and the court dealt with it giving us back possession but Bailiffs had to be used to get him out. It turned out he was armed with a concealed knife! Is your life worth a couple of grand in fees and costs to do it legally?

I imagine its a nightmare trying to repossess a Spanish property when you are based in the UK. Lost bookings, cancelled holidays costs could be horrendous. I wonder about the insurance for the place. Insurance companies do not like empty properties!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Are they Spanish? Have they got mates in the police? If they are switched on they will film and record any attempt to repossess the property illegally and call the police. People who do this are often switched on to the law and do it professionally.
If you worry about things like that then yes, you shouldn't be doing it yourself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 3, 2018
Funster No
I don't see why its a stupid post!

Its easy to be an armchair hardman but somewhat different on the ground. How many are they? Are they Spanish? Have they got mates in the police? If they are switched on they will film and record any attempt to repossess the property illegally and call the police. People who do this are often switched on to the law and do it professionally.

I've had it happen to a let property over here and the court dealt with it giving us back possession but Bailiffs had to be used to get him out. It turned out he was armed with a concealed knife! Is your life worth a couple of grand in fees and costs to do it legally?

I imagine its a nightmare trying to repossess a Spanish property when you are based in the UK. Lost bookings, cancelled holidays costs could be horrendous. I wonder about the insurance for the place. Insurance companies do not like empty properties!
I say it’s a stupid post because I don’t get it. I don’t get the ooooh at the start or the rest of it.
Is it meant to be funny? Or sarcastic? Or helpful? Or confrontational? Or just smart a**e?
Not that I’m really bothered what it’s meant to be, it was a thought at the time, and still is.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
When my aunt had to go into care with dementia I rented out her 3 floor 4 bedroomed plus basement flat property in Elm Grove Brighton (she and my father were born in that house in 1897 and 1900) to help with the fees. In between tenants squatters moved in. When I attempted to discuss with them they held up at the window a printed notice, supplied by Brighton Council, claiming their rights as squatters. I wasn't even allowed to cut off any of the services (' Unlawful harassment' my solicitor said). I had just refitted the two kitchens myself and made other improvements. After 6 months I got an eviction order and went there with my solicitor, a copper and a bailiff. They had absolutely trashed the place, burned doors etc. and it was filthy and uninhabitable. As they left a member of a Brighton Housing charity was waiting outside and gave them a list of nearby empty properties. It had cost my aunt 9 months rent and £2500 legal fees.
I hadn't the heart, time or money to start again and sold the place (with authority from the Court of Protection) for a very low price. No sympathy from me for squatters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We hold a few keys for people and visit their places every month, spending a few hours there checking the place over and showing others watching that it is being used......
Been doing this for a few years however because of this Bl----y virus we have been asked by others (word of mouth) to do some more. We supply pictures via WhatsApp when we visit so owners can catch up on their property.

Any MHF member with a place here in Spain whats the service PM me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back