Sporty looking Mobilvetta K Yacht (3 Viewers)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
After trawling the internet for hours looking at different A class motorhomes, I found one on mobile.ed site that actually has a nice look, (I know looks aren't everything!)
It also has a cracking interior (from my computer anyway!) and a different layout to the rest.

Most of the A class I have found apart from the very very expensive or the 8 metre tags, all have front dinette, pull down bed over front driving seats and a rear fixed bed.

This one has the same at front, but a rear lounge with a fixed electric bed that comes down over the seating. Novel(y)
148 P.S, Auto
Automatic, on a 4250kg chassis
Brand new. All yours for 68 grand.

NO I'm not a salesman for Moblivetta:)

moblivetta.jpg
rear lounge.jpg
electric bed over lounge.jpg
dinette.jpg
kitchen.jpg

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Seemed pretty negative to me, he wasn't even asking about payload, seems until jimiol stepped in you chose to ignore his questions and proceed to telling him he's bought a bummer. Personally i would go with the experienced staff at the motoring magazines who say he's got a damn good van.

Nice one mate. Cheers.
Just put it down to touch of jealousy myself. That's life i guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks Gus. Who does the random testing of these weights? Never seem anyone pull over a motor home and weigh it? I understand it's consequences but don't see how it can be checked?
They do in Europe , can't speak for UK . In France seen lorries and motorhomes of all nationalities pulled over to way bridges on the routes and mobile weigh places with pads . Also in Portugal using the pads . Like everything in life it is a lottery whether you are pulled or not .

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I have a 2001 euroyacht...real quality!

A few envious posters on here?

Enjoy yours - looks great, and a good price(y)

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.. and be positive..

Totally against the national mentality. When did you ever see Good News on TV ? It's always doom and gloom especially when that K woman is reporting.

Similar in here. We do get a lot of positives about getting out there and partying but many negatives about purchasing because buying all to often falls way short of what people should experience given the size of the purchase. There one MH where you would struggle to carry an over weight wife as well as the essentials. We have one where the purchaser has had his brand new van less than the dealer.

VOSA and their foreign counterparts do checks, not on a grand scale but it does happen.

So carry on being positive, it will do us all good.

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Hi All,
I mentioned earlier that I have on order a K Yacht Tekno Line 80 with Drop Down bed and upgraded to the 4400kg Chassis.
My question is, and excuse my naivety, but how will I know I have that upgraded chassis? I assume it will have documentation or a plate somewhere to confirm this. Where on the van should I look for this?

Not that I don't trust dealers or anything! :whistle:

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Oh sorry. Thought you said 85. Brill same as i bought. Just more functional to have the space when you need it. Although i only went for free payload upgrade, which as you can see here some are advising me is wrong. Ha. Might see you on travels ha...

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
@marklambert welcome to the forum.
In my experience everyone (nearly) on here tries to be helpful and there are some very knowledgeable folks willing to give advice. It's a pity you interpreted a post as jealousy as im sure it wasn't meant in that way.
Anyway enjoy your new motorhome when it arrives.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thanks.
I never required a personal view on payloads or returning my vehicle, just a few questions answered... if you read from the start.
And it wasn't just my opinion.
Thanks for the advice though and your good wishes. Looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
In an endeavour to maintain this new found positivity, without being judgemental or jealous and despite it not featuring in your original query, it may be worth verifying what the manufacturers base vehicle weight should include (driver, how much fuel / water, fittings, spare wheel etc) before the user payload is then arrived at. I think manufacturers can differ slightly in this regard? We currently have a Burstner A class on 3500kg with a stated user payload of 500kg, hence this was something I was personally interested in.

Still haven't been to a weighbridge in this van like we did our previous vans... :cautious::eek::whistle:

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
In an endeavour to maintain this new found positivity, without being judgemental or jealous and despite it not featuring in your original query, it may be worth verifying what the manufacturers base vehicle weight should include (driver, how much fuel / water, fittings, spare wheel etc) before the user payload is then arrived at. I think manufacturers can differ slightly in this regard? We currently have a Burstner A class on 3500kg with a stated user payload of 500kg, hence this was something I was personally interested in.

Still haven't been to a weighbridge in this van like we did our previous vans... :cautious::eek::whistle:

Again thanks, for clarifying a question i never asked. Appreciated your thoughts.
However, this question was asked Ann's answered before i put a considerable amount of cash deposit down, hence the free upgraded payload.
This gives us also 498 kg which also includes driver a gas bottle half full water tank And half full gas tank.. so i think I'll be fine taking my wife and dogs, unlike the first comment that i go on my own. Ha.
Cheers.

Upvote 0

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,
I mentioned earlier that I have on order a K Yacht Tekno Line 80 with Drop Down bed and upgraded to the 4400kg Chassis.
My question is, and excuse my naivety, but how will I know I have that upgraded chassis? I assume it will have documentation or a plate somewhere to confirm this. Where on the van should I look for this?

Not that I don't trust dealers or anything! :whistle:[/QUOTE
I believe if you’ve uprated to 4400kg it will be built in the Fiat Maxi chassis

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No, it's the electric drop down bed over fixed rear lounge.

Since this is not your thread I'll say, sounds horrible, apart from the possibility of the weighty mechanism failing, what happens if one person wants to go to bed and the other wants to lounge ? But a lot of makers have jumped on this bandwagon.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Yet another negative comment. Why?
There are actually 2 drop down double beds with a lounge and large dinette area. So the options are there for all.
Let's discuss your van and see what faults we can help you with?
Both myself and the guy you quoted the feed from don't need your criticism. Thanks.

Upvote 0

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
There are actually 2 drop down double beds with a lounge and large dinette area. So the options are there for all.
Both myself and the guy you quoted the feed from don't need your criticism. Thanks.

Mark,
You are not the only person reading this thread. Appreciate you asked some questions and were disappointed with the answers.
The other readers may be like you, new to motorhomeing but not yet in a position to buy and looking with interest at what to buy. They may be eternally grateful to read the answers.
As replies come in from, what can only be described as a great many real friends with a vast wealth of experience, read the ones with the answers relevant to you, and accept that others will be gaining knowledge from the other replies.
Don't forget, you could also gain from reading other threads on a vast number of different topics, and think, wow, I nearly dropped an expensive one there.

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Since this is not your thread I'll say, sounds horrible, apart from the possibility of the weighty mechanism failing, what happens if one person wants to go to bed and the other wants to lounge ? But a lot of makers have jumped on this bandwagon.

Hi Hilldweller,
Yep we did give this some thought. It does have a manual override if there is a failure in the electronic mechanism. Also, we tend to have similar sleeping/reading patterns so we decided it would work for us. At a push we could each take a double, fore and aft. The bottom line was this model is shorter in length and fits on our drive!

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No

Hi Mark,
I'm fine with it thanks. I've learnt so much from these guys and appreciate I'm green as grass in comparison. I joined in September last year long before I ordered my MoHo and I really do appreciate getting the heads-up on mistakes I have made or am about to make. Thank goodness I joined before I purchased or any dealer would have taken me to the cleaners.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
I understand. I'm Just not good with criticism as i wouldn't criticise others for there choices. My question was about size of tv's for the moho i have researched and invested in. Which soon turned into. " take it back it's not got the payload"
I am almost 50 not at school.
Enjoy your home mate. I know i have mage right choice for us.

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Marquis are doing a pre-show weekend on the 16-18 March whereby if you buy a Mobilveta over that period then you'll receive a free Avtex TV; a Snooper dash camera and a Bose Bluetooth speaker (total value = £1,000).

If you've just ordered your van then it may be worth revisiting your dealer to see if they will include this package as a goodwill gesture (just for this weekend though).

You'll probably want a 23" TV for primary viewing areas and a 21" for the bedroom but don't go for the really small Avtex or else you'll get squinty eyes.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It was never criticism. There's a wealth of experience on this Forum from a large number of dedicated motorhomers who have also, too many times, observed the difficulties caused to new owners faced with (what proved to be) an inadequate payload. Converters are using every weapon in their armouries to keep their conversions under the magic 3500kg. They're using lighter materials and better, lighter, and stronger shell materials. But to sell they need to keep up with their perception of our need for comfort. And toys. IMO they're on a knife-edge and the very last option left to them is to pinch payloads. Some makes at least are doing this by stating the basic weight with partially filled water tanks (possibly justified) and fuel tanks, with one gas bottle (or none) and certainly without any options like awnings, bike racks, or towbar installed. No-one should have to accept any vehicle that immediately puts them at risk of breaking the law so it is worth reading the comments re payload and researching the matter on this site before you are too far down the road. Only you can decide on what you will accept but it's better to do that with as much background information as possible.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back