Sporty looking Mobilvetta K Yacht (1 Viewer)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
After trawling the internet for hours looking at different A class motorhomes, I found one on mobile.ed site that actually has a nice look, (I know looks aren't everything!)
It also has a cracking interior (from my computer anyway!) and a different layout to the rest.

Most of the A class I have found apart from the very very expensive or the 8 metre tags, all have front dinette, pull down bed over front driving seats and a rear fixed bed.

This one has the same at front, but a rear lounge with a fixed electric bed that comes down over the seating. Novel(y)
148 P.S, Auto
Automatic, on a 4250kg chassis
Brand new. All yours for 68 grand.

NO I'm not a salesman for Moblivetta:)

moblivetta.jpg
rear lounge.jpg
electric bed over lounge.jpg
dinette.jpg
kitchen.jpg

OP
OP
jessthedog

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
It is 120 litres and looking at the base vehicle you don't get much payload I've upped mine to 3650 but even that is marginal.
Went to NEC yesterday, They have been very popular and they've sold out stock. April was earliest they could get them.
I asked salesman if it was possible to get heavy chassis, told No by one and yes by another to upgrade to 4400kg chassis for 1200 quid extra. So Jimiol, might be worth paying the extra?
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We had a quick look at these at the NEC, I think they only had circa 300kg payload at 3500. But many other vans also seemed to have similar payloads.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Went to NEC yesterday, They have been very popular and they've sold out stock. April was earliest they could get them.
I asked salesman if it was possible to get heavy chassis, told No by one and yes by another to upgrade to 4400kg chassis for 1200 quid extra. So Jimiol, might be worth paying the extra?
Cheers
I believe marquis have a deal with mobilvetta to take 50 of the techno line models all specifications the same, all extras have been preselected by marquis so each model will have the same extras at the standard marquis price, the only extra a customer can choose is auto and the weight to 3650. You can get the heavy chassis but not from marquis and not with their original order from mobilvetta. So we are on a diet including the dog.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jessthedog

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I believe marquis have a deal with mobilvetta to take 50 of the techno line models all specifications the same, all extras have been preselected by marquis so each model will have the same extras at the standard marquis price, the only extra a customer can choose is auto and the weight to 3650. You can get the heavy chassis but not from marquis and not with their original order from mobilvetta. So we are on a diet including the dog.

You will be fine:D Lovely home,
I was contacted by the salesman yesterday after mulling over the figs. I was offered the upgrade for free, but then pushed it and asked for a fitted awning and would do the deal. He then came back and said the price had gone up to 70K,
So Jimiol, if true, you have bagged yourself a fantastic bargain.(y)(y)

Upvote 0

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I liked this one when it was featured in MMM magazine. I also like all the windows in the back the same as my beast has

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
I was really impressed with the K Yacht at the NEC and put a deposit down subject to test-drive next week. The payload is the issue but many vans within my budget seemed to suffer the same problem.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
Couple of things from my perspective having had my mh85 for a few months now. The table is too big, the gas locker too small i can only get two smaller gaslow bottles in it i would have preferred 2 x 13kgs.
Couple of niggling finishing details that i'll get sort when it goes for its first hab check next year. Overall im very impressed and very impressed with Marquis who have been great.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Couple of things from my perspective having had my mh85 for a few months now. The table is too big, the gas locker too small i can only get two smaller gaslow bottles in it i would have preferred 2 x 13kgs.
Couple of niggling finishing details that i'll get sort when it goes for its first hab check next year. Overall im very impressed and very impressed with Marquis who have been great.
Good luck.

Is that on a 3500 kg ? I looked at them but the 300 kg payload would be impossible I should think .

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
I feel for you crabman,
I bought my 1st new bicycle for myself when I was 42. My Daughter had about 4 by the the time she was 13. To add to my injustice, my son liked it soo much, he used to nick it (borrow:rolleyes:) and ride it.
My kids still don't believe that we had a TV with a slot meter on the back that took sixpences! If the sixpence run out, that was it.True story(y)
Along with my brothers and sisters in about 1960 we completed a competition to win my sister a bike, using the encylopedia brittanica dictionary we managed to get 1693 words out of the slogan " sketchley cleaners care for you" we won by a country mile and my sister got the bike.

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Good luck.
Thanks jimiol, sounds like relatively few negatives which is very encouraging. I view one tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
IMG_1841.JPG
Good luck.
Agree. The table is a tad big for two. Had to get rid of my Safefill cylinder because it didn't quite fit. We are loving the van and now don't carry anything we don't need as payload is a bit tight. We have the mh79 which has a very comfortable fixed double. Get admiring glances wherever we go. Picture shows van ready for pdi.

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
View attachment 193406

Agree. The table is a tad big for two. Had to get rid of my Safefill cylinder because it didn't quite fit. We are loving the van and now don't carry anything we don't need as payload is a bit tight. We have the mh79 which has a very comfortable fixed double. Get admiring glances wherever we go. Picture shows van ready for pdi.
Looks classy. We're undecided on a few things:
The Mobilvetta website technical download seems to suggest that MH80 does not have an AL-KO chassis.We need to iron this out with a dealer.
Whether to order the heavier chassis upgrade to 4400kg. Payload seems tight and would be interested to know how owners cope with this.
Still can't decide on sleeping configuration- would prefer a fixed bed but the rear lounge arrangement appeals. This model, the 80 with the drop-down bed is shorter too which may suit our space on the drive.​

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Saw the one at NEC and thought nice van just a shame about the dealership. At this moment in time unless things drastically change I would not purchase from them.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
Dealer has been very good, I know others have had issues but to date they've been spot on.

I don't think the current range has alko chassis, mine hasn't. Payload I suppose it depends on what you take 3650 is JUST ok for me.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
Looks classy. We're undecided on a few things:
The Mobilvetta website technical download seems to suggest that MH80 does not have an AL-KO chassis.We need to iron this out with a dealer.
Whether to order the heavier chassis upgrade to 4400kg. Payload seems tight and would be interested to know how owners cope with this.
Still can't decide on sleeping configuration- would prefer a fixed bed but the rear lounge arrangement appeals. This model, the 80 with the drop-down bed is shorter too which may suit our space on the drive.​
Big garage on the other models made up my mind but we all have different needs/wants.
Good luck

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Dealer has been very good, I know others have had issues but to date they've been spot on.

I don't think the current range has alko chassis, mine hasn't. Payload I suppose it depends on what you take 3650 is JUST ok for me.
For the most part there will be myself, my wife and the dog so I'm hoping we can manage also.

Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
So do you manage spare wheel
Saw the one at NEC and thought nice van just a shame about the dealership. At this moment in time unless things drastically change I would not purchase from them.
Thanks Jagtazman, I have made enquiries with two dealers Marquis Durham, which seemed to get some positive reviews when I looked and 'The Motorhome Company' Crieff, Scotland. I shall dig deeper methinks!

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
So do you manage spare wheel

Thanks Jagtazman, I have made enquiries with two dealers Marquis Durham, which seemed to get some positive reviews when I looked and 'The Motorhome Company' Crieff, Scotland. I shall dig deeper methinks!
tbh not heard anything bad about Durham, I am sure some of the dealerships are fine
Preston is my local one - forgot it....

Upvote 0

Dave parse

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Got a 79 on order and is due very soon puchased from marquis in Eastbourne can't fault service and even loaned me a brand new Bessacar to use before our had turned up and got at a cracking price compared to what this years are now going for :)

Upvote 0

Dave parse

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I would also like to here other owners views on this range especially if they have a 79

Upvote 0

7755ian

Free Member
Dec 23, 2017
Nottingham/Derby border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K Yacht 80
Exp
After trawling the internet for hours looking at different A class motorhomes, I found one on mobile.ed site that actually has a nice look, (I know looks aren't everything!)
It also has a cracking interior (from my computer anyway!) and a different layout to the rest.

Most of the A class I have found apart from the very very expensive or the 8 metre tags, all have front dinette, pull down bed over front driving seats and a rear fixed bed.

This one has the same at front, but a rear lounge with a fixed electric bed that comes down over the seating. Novel(y)
148 P.S, Auto
Automatic, on a 4250kg chassis
Brand new. All yours for 68 grand.

NO I'm not a salesman for Moblivetta:)

View attachment 124711 View attachment 124712 View attachment 124713 View attachment 124714 View attachment 124715

Upvote 0

7755ian

Free Member
Dec 23, 2017
Nottingham/Derby border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K Yacht 80
Exp
I have the model pictured above, a K Yacht 80 it is uprated to 3650kg the 4250kgs mentioned is not for this model. 150hp Ducato with the auto box, it has had many, many problems but we still love it.. Purchased in April 2017 from new from Marquis Dinnington, comes with many extras included in the basic price.
I fitted an alarm with GPRS, Satellite dome Etc.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
I have the model pictured above, a K Yacht 80 it is uprated to 3650kg the 4250kgs mentioned is not for this model. 150hp Ducato with the auto box, it has had many, many problems but we still love it.. Purchased in April 2017 from new from Marquis Dinnington, comes with many extras included in the basic price.
I fitted an alarm with GPRS, Satellite dome Etc.
I'd be interested to hear what issues/problems you have a see if any are the same as mine I have an 85. Problems include near side door electric window not working, oven will not stay lit, fan in toilet badly fitted and hits fly screen, cupboards and draws not quite fitted/aligned correctly, Hab door that sticks.
I intend to get all fixed on first service and despite these issues I love the van.

Upvote 0

7755ian

Free Member
Dec 23, 2017
Nottingham/Derby border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K Yacht 80
Exp
Hi, on collection of the vehicle April 6th, it managed 300 mtrs and engine management light on, limped to Fiat Worksop were they carried out an initial install of the firmware to the ECU, apparently no one had done this, obviously Marquis hadn't road tested it before collection, neither had they checked wheel nuts for tightness, tyre pressures, Etc.
When collected second time all appeared well, not so...1st trip out to Bala in Wales and within minutes of operating the shower torrents of water running into the electrics between the floor, this turned out to be a crushed shower drain elbow on one drain and a split hose on the other.
The two flat screens aerial feeds were incorrectly connected between the splitter/co-axial resulting in a complete re-wire of the incoming and distribution of the tv signal.
Curved cupboard door ply material split and "blown" due to leak on kitchen sink drain, missing it's rubber seal.
Wardrobe end panel damaged from new, replaced by Marquis but wardrobe door promptly fell off as they hadn't fitted it back correctly.
Satellite connection not connected to outside connection..
Hot water not available on external shower due to "kink" in feed to connection under bathroom sink..
Pull-up tv mechanism in lounge collapsed after one week..
Bathroom door damaged from new..
A total of 57 faults, most corrected by me as any visit to Marquis resulted in more issues......

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back